Mar 28, 2024, 02:41 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] Your eyes are fine

Started by Towelie, Feb 26, 2018, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Recently, I've deployed a really good / working anti-xray solution.
Here's what happens when you try to use an X-Ray Mod / Texture pack:

However, there is a side-effect: Under special circumstances (lag, etc) you may briefly see some blocks that are not there. I have configured the plugin in such a way to minimize this effect (in my initial attempt diamond ore kept appearing, now that is no longer possible).
Please report if you see any blocks that are not actually there (eg: that dissapear/change when you get close to that location)

What I will need:
- Your location (at least world, preferably position /pos)
- What you were doing at the time (mining, exploring, fighting mobs)
- If mining, what are the specs of your tool (Eff is what I care about, so only mention Eff or anything else that alters mining speed)
- Screenshot if possible
- Type of block that you saw, and what it changed into when you went close to it.

You're probably wondering: Bah, why is this needed? This sucessfully blocks over 99% of the existing xray mods / texture packs, as well as other features of mods (dungeon finders, etc) which are extremely detrimental for the server economy / resource abundence.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ping99811

I don't quite understand what this is and what it does, but might it be related to all usable blocks (chests, benches, furnaces) being stone before you approach them?

Towelie

Quote from: Hoxilicious on Feb 26, 2018, 05:03 PMI don't quite understand what this is and what it does, but might it be related to all usable blocks (chests, benches, furnaces) being stone before you approach them?
Yes. It is. Please give more info of when you experienced that.
PS: What this plugin does is , it makes it impossible to xray.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Zesty

Well yeah every time I go to my home at /warp oblivion, the chests are always stone and take awhile to change back, sometimes even after I approach and jump on them they continue to be stone. But it seems, from what I've heard of other peoples cases, that it only happens to your own chests/blocks.

For myself, it's only those 5 chests of mine that are altered, and nothing else ever appears to be like that, but someone else may be experiencing something different. As for what I'm doing, it happens as soon as I get there, and as soon as I fly out of view of it and return it becomes stone.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

JustAddWater

I to0 experienced the same thing as Zesty and Hox. It's kind of weird.

GoldenDruid76

Feb 27, 2018, 12:36 AM #5 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018, 02:13 AM by GoldenDruid76
I've had multiple encounters with the blocks-looking-like-other-blocks thing. So first I went to my /home and my chests looked like stone. It fixed itself as soon as I approached them but as I can tell it doesn't do that for everyone. It also happened to my furnaces and anvils, but again it fixed itself as soon as I got close to them.

My second encounter was when I was mining, I saw a piece of mossy cobble, an oak wood plank, and a piece of wool and I was afraid that I was mining straight into somebody's underground house. But when I got closer to them they went back to normal stone.

Other blocks stone has looked like: dirt, cobble, gravel, coal ore, iron ore. The iron ore is especially annoying because it's hard to tell whether I'm mining stone that looks like iron ore or actual iron ore, and I can only actually tell when I mine it. Coal ore isn't too big of a problem because I have too much coal already, but it also gets kind of annoying.

Now because this is getting kind of long and kind of complaint-y, I'm going to add one more thing and then wrap this up quickly: a few pieces of dirt and gravel looked like chests for a second before I mined them.
Just a person. Nothing to see here.

MasterX70

There isn't any chance of this permanently changing things like chests into stone, right?

Towelie

Quote from: MasterX70 on Feb 27, 2018, 03:56 AMThere isn't any chance of this permanently changing things like chests into stone, right?
Nope, this doesn't actually change the blocks, just changes the packets sent to you.
The chest issue should be greatly improved now, I've increased the range you can see the real block at from 8 to 16, and I can increase to a further 24 if needed.

MasterX70

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 27, 2018, 07:26 AMNope, this doesn't actually change the blocks, just changes the packets sent to you.
The chest issue should be greatly improved now, I've increased the range you can see the real block at from 8 to 16, and I can increase to a further 24 if needed.

Huzzah :D

Mazeworker

So as I was wandering around I noticed a wool block and some wood planks, mossy cobble in an unbuilt area... or so I thought and left the area thinking I stumbled onto someones hidden base... heh random block user... so this is NOT a base and just a some add on?

Towelie

Quote from: Mazeworker on Feb 27, 2018, 12:58 PMSo as I was wandering around I noticed a wool block and some wood planks, mossy cobble in an unbuilt area... or so I thought and left the area thinking I stumbled onto someones hidden base... heh random block user... so this is NOT a base and just a some add on?
Yep. It's role is to make X-Raying impossible. As a side effect, you may see some random blocks. I will tune it a bit more (maybe remove wool from the list of random blocks)

Sonychrono

Feb 28, 2018, 04:32 AM #11 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2018, 07:49 PM by Sonychrono
I have screen caps showing stone pretending to be wood and then reverting to stone.               this is in world 1                 the pickaxe has efficiency 5  unbreaking 3       let me know if you wanna know other things...  .... also i have a video these came from which includes super slow motion to see clearly if youd like .. i could post it to you on discord if needed. hope this helps :)

hughesplace

Whenever I mine, for like 0.5-5 seconds sometimes stone turns into random blocks such as dirt, emeralds, wood planks, iron, etc. But then it disappears. This gets annoying sometimes because it's hard to see if it's really there, and what's actually there.
uwu

Towelie

I will further tweak this weekend. This is a very complicated process and it takes a lot of fiddling to get it right (or as close to right as possible).
I know what to tweak, just need to have time for extensive testing.