Mar 19, 2024, 03:15 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Is water wet?

Started by MrRed2017, Mar 06, 2018, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is water wet?

Ye
17 (47.2%)
Nu
12 (33.3%)
Ew water I prefer dehydration
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

MrRed2017

Nothing needs to be typed here.

GoldenDruid76

Quote from: Red/ℳrRed2k18 on Mar 06, 2018, 08:34 PMNothing needs to be typed here.
True.

Also, should this be moved to the Polls sub-board?
Just a person. Nothing to see here.

Lucy_23x

*breathes quietly,*

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

smallfry5545

Quote from: GoldenDruid76 on Mar 06, 2018, 10:16 PM
Quote from: Red/ℳrRed2k18 on Mar 06, 2018, 08:34 PMNothing needs to be typed here.
True.

Also, should this be moved to the Polls sub-board?
Moved it :P

Cireshie

I absolutely hate this 'meme'. I mean, if you just google the definition of wet, you should have enough information to persuade you that it is. Like, c'mon. You'd think that philosophers would've considered this considering their job was just to think. Thinking that water is not wet is just making humans seem even dumber, especially considering we're considered the smartest things on the planet.

Here's two definitions as defined when I google "wet definition":
1. covered or saturated with water or another liquid
The definition literally has the word water in it. I guess you could argue that if there was a single atom of water then this definition of wet would prove that water is wet because that atom is not covered by another atom of water but that's not practical. All bodies of water are covered with water, even the top layers, because those atoms at the top flow about and rotate.
2. cover or touch with liquid; moisten.
This is basically the same thing as the first definition. If I put a paper towel in some water, it's going to moisten from the water. That's because water is a liquid.

If that's not enough to prove it to you. From a non-bias standpoint, is wet and moist synonymous?
If yes, if you google moisture, its definition comes up as "water or other liquid diffused in a small quantity as vapor, within a solid, or condensed on a surface." Every part of that definition covers water pretty well. Water is definitely wet.
If you think wet and moist are not synonymous, you're stupid.

And yes, I do realize that this is a meme and nothing more, but I believe some people actually believe that water is not wet. But that's simply just ignorance.
try me

Lucy_23x

*whispers, water is wet*

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Nubbun

@JJ Inugami nickname yourself "water" so I can innocently ask you that k thx (x

\(◎o◎)/

JJ Inugami

Quote from: magl on Mar 07, 2018, 01:13 PM@JJ Inugami nickname yourself "water" so I can innocently ask you that k thx (x
I love you. XD
I'm a Bragon. *noms on souls*

"Oh my God, you really did explode." - Yang

Sassy1233

Live life how it's supposed to be lived
Proud member of the LGBTQ+ community

Bakonator

I'm a tie-wearing bird so...

*hops around water but never really touches it*