Apr 16, 2024, 10:58 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Poll] What game server should we host next?

Started by Towelie, Mar 28, 2018, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following games should SFT host?

Unturned
22 (57.9%)
PixArk
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: Apr 02, 2018, 05:08 PM

Moofmoof8

Hi I am moofmoof and i'd like to add a couple more candidates to this poll if its not too late. I'd like to nominates Hexxit and voltz. Please do take them into consideration as I think they would be wonderful and 2 other modpacks i can record a series on and further promote your community in epic new exciting adventures.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Moofmoof8 on Mar 30, 2018, 02:54 PMHi I am moofmoof and i'd like to add a couple more candidates to this poll if its not too late. I'd like to nominates Hexxit and voltz. Please do take them into consideration as I think they would be wonderful and 2 other modpacks i can record a series on and further promote your community in epic new exciting adventures.

Two things, 1 i'm sure we've done those in the past... and 2 the poll is for games to try to get SFT into more games outside of minecraft to expand the community itself.

MrToasT_

So iv'e thought about the PVP problem and how it may effect the server. Unturned is a very mod-able game and it can be made into a roll play/PVE server with a few simple adjustments ( well they may not be simple but its simple enough to understand, their are plenty if servers on unturned that promote PVE or roll-play ) simple as fixing a few things and promoting the server a few times on the SFT discord and boom, you might have a successful server right their.

But Eh, these are just my thoughts and its ok if they are
not taken into account.

-Thanks.

:diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :diamond:  :laugh:
Ya Boi

ToasT-

RallyReaper

Quote from: MrToasT_ on Mar 30, 2018, 05:00 PMSo iv'e thought about the PVP problem and how it may effect the server. Unturned is a very mod-able game and it can be made into a roll play/PVE server with a few simple adjustments ( well they may not be simple but its simple enough to understand, their are plenty if servers on unturned that promote PVE or roll-play ) simple as fixing a few things and promoting the server a few times on the SFT discord and boom, you might have a successful server right their.

not taken into account.

-Thanks.

I see where you are coming from, and Technically, a PVE Roleplay Server COULD work, Their a very tight knitted community with usually small fan bases (Few servers pull it off in the way it would be needed to be pulled off) but setting it up as a Survival (PvP/PvE) Would work quite well as is if we go down the unturned path way. And could even have donation stuff setup and much more like the other servers have.

But just like a superhero we need our own gimmick... something that not many others would do... So why not Ammo is rare, Military guns are rare, and Mod weapons.

Or of course Unturned battle royale XD (Might attract the Fortnite group in our discord!)

MonkeyJiblets

Quote from: RallyReaper on Mar 30, 2018, 05:42 PM
Quote from: MrToasT_ on Mar 30, 2018, 05:00 PMSo iv'e thought about the PVP problem and how it may effect the server. Unturned is a very mod-able game and it can be made into a roll play/PVE server with a few simple adjustments ( well they may not be simple but its simple enough to understand, their are plenty if servers on unturned that promote PVE or roll-play ) simple as fixing a few things and promoting the server a few times on the SFT discord and boom, you might have a successful server right their.

not taken into account.

-Thanks.

I see where you are coming from, and Technically, a PVE Roleplay Server COULD work, Their a very tight knitted community with usually small fan bases (Few servers pull it off in the way it would be needed to be pulled off) but setting it up as a Survival (PvP/PvE) Would work quite well as is if we go down the unturned path way. And could even have donation stuff setup and much more like the other servers have.

But just like a superhero we need our own gimmick... something that not many others would do... So why not Ammo is rare, Military guns are rare, and Mod weapons.

Or of course Unturned battle royale XD (Might attract the Fortnite group in our discord!)

I think in order for an Unturned server to work for SFT it would need to be PVE. For one, a role play server only attracts a certain kind of person (Myself not included). For two, a PVP server in a game like Unturned could basically mean those with a large group overpower others and dominate the server. I think both a PixARK server and an Unturned server would be fun, but possibly with both set limits on how many to a group? I know this might drive away some crowd, not being able to dominate the server with 8 people, but it could possibly make the game more fair? Because PvP would be a problem with PixARK too, those groups who get the bigger creatures and more weapons faster could potentially stop progression of those who don't have said items yet. Just my opinion, but I think both servers would be loads of fun.
"All Great Things Come With An Equally Great Criticism" -MonkeyJiblets 2k18

RallyReaper

Quote from: MonkeyJiblets on Mar 31, 2018, 12:02 AM
Quote from: RallyReaper on Mar 30, 2018, 05:42 PM

not taken into account.

-Thanks.

I think in order for an Unturned server to work for SFT it would need to be PVE. For one, a role play server only attracts a certain kind of person (Myself not included). For two, a PVP server in a game like Unturned could basically mean those with a large group overpower others and dominate the server. I think both a PixARK server and an Unturned server would be fun, but possibly with both set limits on how many to a group? I know this might drive away some crowd, not being able to dominate the server with 8 people, but it could possibly make the game more fair? Because PvP would be a problem with PixARK too, those groups who get the bigger creatures and more weapons faster could potentially stop progression of those who don't have said items yet. Just my opinion, but I think both servers would be loads of fun.

While i agree with the PvE thing, I also think that if we look past the community we currently have, and work it for both the current community AND new people who join us by joining through unturned then we'd need to consider PvP. The game would be NOTHING without PvP... 95% of the game was designed with Player interaction. As for Roleplay, I feel if we offer a ingame option to be a roleplayer, then it should be allowed. All players start at survivor, and work up to become anything, Survivors play the game however they want where as Bandits are well known player killers. And so forth.

Being open to new ideas is how we get this to work. Either way, as towel said atm the PixARK idea is being worked on.