Let's talk Terraria

Started by Towelie, Apr 14, 2018, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you want a TShock Terraria server?

Yes (I would play on it)
9 (32.1%)
No (I wouldn't play on it)
16 (57.1%)
No (I just vote no on things because I like being a buzzkill)
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: Apr 19, 2018, 07:24 PM

Go Down

Towelie

So, over time, you were promised a Terraria server by @BluetigerESW and @saywhat2365
That never materialized because both of them are lazy slobs... #truthhurts

However, we now have @RallyReaper and he proposed getting a TShock Terraria server instead? Why? The TShock Terraria server allows for better anti-hacking / anti-griefing.
Do you think we should have a TShock Terraria server? If you say yes, seing as @RallyReaper is going to set it up, we actually know it's gonna be set up this time xD

PS: @BluetigerESW @saywhat2365  #sorry

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

RallyReaper

The problem we had before was that i didn't know if anyone still wanted a terraria server without the mods. If we do this, We'd most likely have to do it without the mods. But if you guys still want it. I'm game for setting it up.

Halla

You're going to add Terraria with this TShock that the first week "everyone" is going to play, but after that week or a week and a half, the server will just die again.

That's the cruel truth, and I'm against a Terraria even though I love the game, sorry mates.
I have the potential, I just need the trigger.

Someone needs to pull that trigger..

Chocobo123456

I for one think that its gonna be a great thing to have a terraria server. We had a modded one back than a couple of months ago and people liked it we just ran into a lot of problem. However with not a lot of things to do after ML i can see people loosing interest in it. Not to mention that yet people can rush stuff easily due to there being no grinding needed to be taken place. I still think we can have it and have it not be dead by doing some cool stuff with it ^_^

Towelie

You're going to add Terraria with this TShock that the first week "everyone" is going to play, but after that week or a week and a half, the server will just die again.

That's the cruel truth, and I'm against a Terraria even though I love the game, sorry mates.
That doesn't mean we should just give up and not host any new servers ever.
For every 10 servers that fail, there will be one that works, and we don't know which unless we try

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Halla

That doesn't mean we should just give up and not host any new servers ever.
For every 10 servers that fail, there will be one that works, and we don't know which unless we try
I didn't say give up, that's a say I wouldn't suggest to anyone trying their best like you as an example. I am saying that we have been through this scenario multiple times, and with the same result. What would be a good idea is trying to get SFT's name in games that a lot of people play in (Like Fortnite and PUBG), but not host a server when there are a ton of other servers with each having the same concept.
I have the potential, I just need the trigger.

Someone needs to pull that trigger..

Go Up