Mar 28, 2024, 12:06 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

One last push

Started by Towelie, Jun 13, 2018, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: MrWobs on Jun 13, 2018, 05:36 PMI was a lot younger when I played SFT but keep checking in from time-to-time.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Date Registered: 13-06-2018, 17:07:02

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

tman6698

Jun 15, 2018, 12:02 PM #26 Last Edit: Jun 15, 2018, 12:06 PM by tman6698
Just something to add, may not be useful:

Whenever a player joins and they talk in any language that isn't English, they leave..
In my opinion, we are loosing a massive player base here as there is still a huge amount of people who don't speak English but play minecraft. Maybe there's something that can be done to cater for these types of players?

There needs to be more content on Facebook, and no ones even bothered with the Insta since 2015, so that's something that needs to be addressed.
I personally think maybe a re-branding may be a good thing if done professionally and correctly (professionally doesn't always mean costly)

I'm sure there's plenty of players who would in some way or another help, as it would be a massive shame to see SFT close after spending 6 years of my life here!

Maybe look at servers that are constantly bringing in 100's of players a day and look at the advertising techniques they're using as they're clearly working!
I personally feel people are moving away from survival due to how quick it could get boring..

More than happy to speak to you personally about this, to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

~tman

Towelie

Gonna try to recruit someone to manage our social media pages because I simply don't have enough time for that (not to mention that I think facebook is evil on earth and I haven't used my fb account in years)
Apply here if interested -> https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,185667.new.html#new

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Rose2247

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 14, 2018, 06:50 AM
Quote from: Rose2247 on Jun 13, 2018, 06:39 PMI have an idea, so there are a lot of us with youtube channels or friends that play MC. so why not get a large amt of players and record a video for everyone to post on their yt channels and send to their friends. It's an idea as word of mouth works more than a website advert
I'd love that idea. Would you be interested in organizing it for SFT?

Sure I could do that if people are willing to send me some clips from the different servers I can put them together and make a video as a bit of an advert for SFT. Also, it would be nice to have a few sound clips for the video, such as people saying a few things about their favorite SFT server. Just hit me up n discord with a pm tow and I'll let you know what all I'd need.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Rose2247

Quote from: tman6698 on Jun 15, 2018, 12:02 PMWhenever a player joins and they talk in any language that isn't English, they leave..
In my opinion, we are loosing a massive player base here as there is still a huge amount of people who don't speak English but play minecraft. Maybe there's something that can be done to cater for these types of players?

I know quite a bit of Spanish, but as for the other languages I typically have to use google translate.

Another idea I have is taking into consideration the minorities of our community such as the non-native speakers, then there is the LGBT side of SFT. (This month is pride month after all) Ideas are being thrown and I will be talking with the lost staff team and players.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

George

Quote from: SpeashuLK on Jun 13, 2018, 07:15 PM
Quote from: George_Filos on Jun 13, 2018, 04:42 PMI am planning on getting a team of 5+ members on SFT. I will force them to vote daily too. Some of them may donate.

Please don't force people to do anything, your attitude and behavior have already been a major turn off.
Okay then I can leave you alone and never post a poll again on my teams on discord to make a Community town on play.superfuntime.org so they can vote daily and some of them are donators so they may help. You don't want me to do that right?
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

George

Quote from: Katherine on Jun 13, 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote from: George_Filos on Jun 13, 2018, 04:42 PMI am planning on getting a team of 5+ members on SFT. I will force them to vote daily too. Some of them may donate.
you can't force them to do anything.
You are right I can't force them but I can do it and they will follow me. Also I am not angry at all that you told me that but I am angry because of this kid that said that - Please don't force people to do anything, your attitude and behavior have already been a major turn off.

George

He was so mean to me in my opinion.

Green_Giant

Quote from: George_Filos on Jun 16, 2018, 07:00 AM
You are right I can't force them but I can do it and they will follow me. Also I am not angry at all that you told me that but I am angry because of this kid that said that - Please don't force people to do anything, your attitude and behavior have already been a major turn off.
But they're both right. If you force them to do it, not only does it make the server look bad (as people might think it's forcing players to be involved) but also will make playing a chore and they won't want to. Don't force, sure you can ask them to but don't be in their face about it.

George

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jun 16, 2018, 09:36 AM
But they're both right. If you force them to do it, not only does it make the server look bad (as people might think it's forcing players to be involved) but also will make playing a chore and they won't want to. Don't force, sure you can ask them to but don't be in their face about it.
I don't accept anything from you and the guy that I quoted first was mean to me. This is the problem

AtomicPulse

Quote from: George_Filos on Jun 16, 2018, 02:40 PM
I don't accept anything from you and the guy that I quoted first was mean to me. This is the problem
You ask why they were mean and they state the valid truth so you reply with "I don't accept anything from you"?
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Miricx

George

Quote from: AtomicPulse on Jun 17, 2018, 09:01 AM
You ask why they were mean and they state the valid truth so you reply with "I don't accept anything from you"?
I mean't I don't accept  any comment by you.

George

Quote from: Miricx on Jun 17, 2018, 10:35 AM
Wat is dat????

badbrad01

this topic has gone abit off topic so can we now get back to the topic towelie is trying to put across to all of us
Made By Miricx

Towelie

Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 17, 2018, 05:52 PMthis topic has gone abit off topic so can we now get back to the topic towelie is trying to put across to all of us
That's ok. It's been scientifically proven that the attention span of a present day SFT-er is less than 10 seconds

Miricx

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2018, 06:39 PM
Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 17, 2018, 05:52 PMthis topic has gone abit off topic so can we now get back to the topic towelie is trying to put across to all of us
That's ok. It's been scientifically proven that the attention span of a present day SFT-er is less than 10 seconds
hows the weather in romania

badbrad01

Quote from: Miricx on Jun 17, 2018, 08:33 PM

hows the dating going miricx
Made By Miricx

Miricx

Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 17, 2018, 11:04 PM

whats that

badbrad01

Quote from: Miricx on Jun 18, 2018, 03:40 AM
Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 17, 2018, 11:04 PM

whats that

lol
Made By Miricx