Mar 28, 2024, 11:24 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Introducing Survival 2.0

Started by Towelie, Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 05:03 PM by Towelie
As you all may know by now, I am preparing a big thing for 1.13 that will ensure Survival and SFT's continuance. That big secret thing, is Survival 2.0.

What is Survival 2.0:
- Survival that is fully reset, with some major changes
- I thought just doing a full reset would cause a lot of players to leave, so instead, I am setting this up as a new server, which will replace Survival and the current Survival server will be added to bungee as a 4 slot server where people can go and see their old builds and so on (But the old Survival server will no longer be maintained). I know it's confusing but basically: The current Survival will become /survivalold in Bungee, Survival 2.0 will become /survival in Bungee and will be the default server.
- Survival 2.0 will have mcMMO instead of SFTMMO (due to Colesy no longer being able to provide support for SFTMMO and me not finding a dev that will take over this huge project)
- Survival 2.0 will have a revamped and updated EliteMobs, with levels up to 1000 (due to mcMMO making players more tough and so on), and a brand new adventurer's guild where you can set your own difficulty for EliteMobs - and a higher difficulty gives you better rewards!
- However, thanks to @darknuju, we will port some of the SFTMMO functionality to mcMMO (powerups, prestige, etc). That will allow us to maintain a certain unique-ness in the sea of Survival / mcMMO servers.
- A reduced number of plugins - Some plugins that are truly useless will be removed to make the server less laggy
- At first it will have only World1 and World3. World3 is the only world that will be transferred over. World2 will be re-added when the next big update comes (eg 1.14) to ensure you have the latest content)
- veteranworld will NOT be carried over. However, we may create a new veteranworld
- Everything will be reset, except: Your rank, permissions (eg disguise, fly and so on, you will keep them all), your pstats uptime and the number of votes you have.
- Money will be reset (I know I said everything will be reset, just double-checking to let you all know)
- We will transfer over Attractions (TheStarNomad maintains a list of attractions, and these will be transferred)
- We will transfer over tutorials/guides
- We will transfer over a few of the biggest autoshops, NOT INCLUDING THE ITEMS IN THEIR CHESTS (FYI: That's why cty closed mallusa, because I didn't agree to his terms (which were to leave all his items in the chests). Why are we transferring over autoshops? So you will have where to buy stuff from when the emp is closed. Currently, I am discussing with some of the biggest autoshop owners)

What will happen to the current Survival?
It will be kept as a Bungee server, which you will be able to get to at any time, but:
- Slots will be reduced to 4-8
- It will no longer be updated to future versions, but protocol support will be provided so you can join it with newer versions, just won't have any of the new content
- dynmap, pstats, the premium shop will all be removed from this server
- voting will be removed from this server
- Some plugins that are un-essential will be removed from the server (eg vehicles,mob arena, sabotage and so on, but not any of the important ones)
- It will be left in bungee for an undetermined period of time, no smaller than 6 months. Although that doesn't mean I will remove it after 6 months, it means I can guarantee keeping it for at least 6 months, but since it won't cost anything to host, because we will be hosting it on the same as Survival 2.0, there is no reason to remove)

Why should I still play on Survival until Survival 2.0 comes out?
- Because your progress will remain on SuirvivalOld, and you will be able to visit it any time you want
- Because if you build something that can be considered an attraction (talk to TheStarNomad) it will be moved over, but ofc, not in your name / protection)
- Because Survival is more than just a map where you build stuff. It's a community where you come and have fun with other players. Maybe don't start a huge new project, but do go hunting mobs with your friends and racing vehicles and so many other fun activities

I quit! I don't want to start over
- At least give it a chance. You may be surprised how much fun you will have on Survival 2.0 starting over. You have "staled" on Survival for years, losing your drive, maybe this is what it takes to get your drive back. Not to mention Survival 2.0 will have some pretty nice features due to mcMMO such as Party XP Sharing and so on.

In closing I'd like to say that I've had a team of 42 beta testers for Survival 2.0 that helped me balance and tweak many aspects of the game. So you will find it's quite a balanced experience. You can join the beta now at https://discord.gg/uCE6J4u , but please note, anything you build will be reset when the Beta becomes Survival 2.0. This server is just there for testing currently.

Other Info
Quote from: Rose2247 on Jul 08, 2018, 04:47 PMQuestion, could we bring items over? I have quite a few items that have awesome enchants on them. If not that's fine. Restarting is always fun
Sorry, but no. You will be able to visit them on /survivalold tho, at any time

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

WHEN: 1-2 weeks after 1.13 is out (will need time to generate a map, prepare it, move everything over)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

MsDanteMoon

Will you have to repurchase the vetworld prot or show proof you had one?

If it says it in the post I'm sorry I missed it I just woke up
'I used to hate pineapple pizza but now that I know Dante likes it I fully support it'
Survival JMod 7/15/2017-8/9/2017
Survival Mod 8/9/2017-12/28/17
Survival Manager12/28/17-Whenever I stopped
Kiss me like Hilary duff

Towelie

Quote from: MsDanteMoon on Jul 08, 2018, 04:37 PMWill you have to repurchase the vetworld prot or show proof you had one?

If it says it in the post I'm sorry I missed it I just woke up
Good question, This and a lot of other questions we'll have to deal with when we re-add veteranworld.

Rose2247

Question, could we bring items over? I have quite a few items that have awesome enchants on them. If not that's fine. Restarting is always fun
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

FIREPROOF3167

This sounds like a great way to shake things up and bring a different look in sft survival! Looking forward to 2.0

hughesplace

I'm actually pretty excited for this! Something new!
uwu

Nubbun

That's cool and all but.... will it have pokemon? :3 :3 :3
Jokes aside, hopefully it turns out to be epic :D

\(◎o◎)/

N1ux_

I'm truly not being a negative downer here but, hear me out before you think something,

Will this actually work and make sft have more players? Do you have alternative plans?

Towelie

Quote from: Rose2247 on Jul 08, 2018, 04:47 PMQuestion, could we bring items over? I have quite a few items that have awesome enchants on them. If not that's fine. Restarting is always fun
Sorry, but no.

omelott

I don't know about you guys, but I like the idea of a fresh start. :laugh:

Towelie

Quote from: Xenii12 on Jul 08, 2018, 05:02 PMI'm truly not being a negative downer here but, hear me out before you think something,

Will this actually work and make sft have more players? Do you have alternative plans?
Yes and no. No, it won't make SFT like many years ago because Survival isn't really a demanded game like it used to be, but we will get a boost in player numbers.
No, I don't have a backup plan, ergo last ditch effort xd (altho dpa is working on reviving pix and xquic & co are working on a replacement for lost)

MrChanango

Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

Mazeworker

So is this why none of my votes for today counted except one... even thoe it says "You already voted today"

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

smallfry5545

I'd assume with you resetting the money people have, the Emporium prices will be adjusted and fair?

Uglypenguins

Am I allowed to bring over my autoshop? :(

diamondcc888

Jul 08, 2018, 06:22 PM #17 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 06:26 PM by diamondcc888
Quote from: Uglypenguins on Jul 08, 2018, 06:19 PMAm I allowed to bring over my autoshop? :(
If your one of the top five auto shops and tow has messaged you, you can. But if not, you can't move your auto shop.

diamondcc888

Uglypenguins

Well I haven't been messaged, but the forum says something about rebuilding things, how can i re build my autoshop then?

Towelie

Quote from: smallfry5545 on Jul 08, 2018, 06:15 PMI'd assume with you resetting the money people have, the Emporium prices will be adjusted and fair?
Define fair.

Uglypenguins

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 08, 2018, 06:40 PM
Quote from: smallfry5545 on Jul 08, 2018, 06:15 PMI'd assume with you resetting the money people have, the Emporium prices will be adjusted and fair?
Define fair.

3 emp for 1 diamond

smallfry5545

Define fair.

If it's something easy to get, it'll be a low value. And the non-easy stuff to get wont be sky-rocketed to the point of no one being able to buy it. I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but sometimes the emporium prices were a little unreasonable xD
I haven't been around much to know if there's been recent changes, so don't take what I say to heart. I'm just saying make it fair for all players.

tman6698

If we cannot move over any items, or builds, why is OLD survival being kept?

Fingers crossed the big decision to start over pays off! I'm all up for change :)

tman6698

Quote from: smallfry5545 on Jul 08, 2018, 06:45 PM
Define fair.

If it's something easy to get, it'll be a low value. And the non-easy stuff to get wont be sky-rocketed to the point of no one being able to buy it. I'm not meaning to sound harsh, but sometimes the emporium prices were a little unreasonable xD
I haven't been around much to know if there's been recent changes, so don't take what I say to heart. I'm just saying make it fair for all players.
I agree :)