Introducing Survival 2.0

Started by Towelie, Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beanz__

i'm actually excited for this full reset, i have a few idea's i have planned which is of course going to take a while to do but hey it's going to be a lot of fun doing it all

Fractalion

This is exciting, I've been waiting for this for a while!

A few questions, though:
1. You said some plugins are being removed. Could you give some examples? I assume some of the donation related ones that only one or two people actually purchased would be included here?
2. Since this will essentially reset the economy, will you be reducing the number of ways that money enters into the economy? For example, will the rewards from voting be reduced now that the economy doesn't necessarily require such inflated numbers?
3. In the same vein as #2, since this will reset the economy, will villager trading be enabled now? This would be a great opportunity to balance and enable that, probably the only chance you'll get.
4. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but which admin is currently in charge of Patreon coupon distribution? Easier to just ask here than to ask around xd

diamondcc888

Quote from: Uglypenguins on Jul 08, 2018, 06:31 PMWell I haven't been messaged, but the forum says something about rebuilding things, how can i re build my autoshop then?
Start fresh in 1.13? ;p

Nubbun

Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 08, 2018, 07:40 PM4. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but which admin is currently in charge of Patreon coupon distribution? Easier to just ask here than to ask around xd
I do believe that would be @TheStarNomad✯

\(◎o◎)/

SpammingGod

Maybe i can play and make more then a dirt house, not much more, bit maybe like a cobblestone 3x3x3 instead of dirt 3x3x3 :D Its good to have dreams.

warlockbenj

I remember the last time we did a total reset. That was in 2014(I think). Personally I believed it was a fantastic idea as it gave old members of the server something to do rather than just fly around and micromanage their builds. I will quite enjoy this reset, and hopefully others will too.
Warlock_Ben, Assistant to the one and only Dondougo

MrRed2017

This was bound to happen. The only thing left to do now is hope that this decision pays off :). We've already prepared a lot already. Hope everyone else is prepared as well, and good luck in the future!

Kirbyhand

I like the idea of this, but I hate to see all of my hard work go away. :(

Kirbyhand

I hope the currency will be less strong. Or, the currency will be items. Idk just an idea.

SpammingGod

Currency being items would be a good idea ngl

badbrad01

so baso people loose there old donating stuff like fly /mytime ect?
Made By Miricx

Waffle_man22

Going to be bitter sweet to lose items that have been keepsakes of past and from friends that have moved on, or other rare and old collectibles.

Question: Assuming SlimeFun is brought over to Survival 2.0, will research be kept? I know myself and others have spent hundrededs and even thousands of levels of xp to unlock everything.

stormshooter

Quote from: badbrad01 on Jul 09, 2018, 12:40 AMso baso people loose there old donating stuff like fly /mytime ect?

No, read the post

maxwolf28

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PMought just doing a full reset would ca
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 08, 2018, 04:29 PMWe will transfer over a few of the biggest autoshops, NOT INCLUDING THE ITEMS IN THEIR CHESTS
What about a public spawner or 2? (shame less plug -wolfspawner)

Also very exited for the new server and think its a great compromise without re setting old survival.
suggestion, maybe have no donator perks available for a month or so (previously bought ones like fly) to make it sort of fair playing ground for a little bit till everyone settled?
Do we have an ETA of the new server?
just read your side note

riley

So, for the last two weeks me and Ender have been working on an autoshop and were planning on opening it this week. Now obviously we wouldn't have made it yet if we would have known this was going to happen. It really frustrates me the amount of time and EFFORT it took into planning, and creating, just so it basically will be in the old server where nobody will use it anymore. I never got to reveal it in time for it to be one of the amazing "Top 5 Autoshops" which I know people are and will be mad about that desicion. Did you think about the players who have actually been using the server? Really makes me upset here. I like most of the ideas and I've read this post through a few times. Sure I will try it out, but honestly..wow.

stormshooter

Transferring over the top 5 auto shops is a horrible idea

Graceq

From reading that only the top 5 auto shops are going to be moved and owners are being contacted, I'm assuming CastleAuto isn't in the top five?

Lucy_23x

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 09, 2018, 01:51 AMTransferring over the top 5 auto shops is a horrible idea
And why is that?  Having autoshops is important, as it gives people a place to buy stuff when the emp is closed and having more than one will help provide some competition. Also, I am not letting them keep any of their items or anything...

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 08, 2018, 07:40 PMThis is exciting, I've been waiting for this for a while!

A few questions, though:
1. You said some plugins are being removed. Could you give some examples? I assume some of the donation related ones that only one or two people actually purchased would be included here?
2. Since this will essentially reset the economy, will you be reducing the number of ways that money enters into the economy? For example, will the rewards from voting be reduced now that the economy doesn't necessarily require such inflated numbers?
3. In the same vein as #2, since this will reset the economy, will villager trading be enabled now? This would be a great opportunity to balance and enable that, probably the only chance you'll get.
4. Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but which admin is currently in charge of Patreon coupon distribution? Easier to just ask here than to ask around xd
1. Just run of the mill un-used plugins that 1-2 people purchased, and then i'd reimburse those people in premium shop credit
2. No. Voting is important. The reason the economy was THAT fucked, was because a handful of people found ways to dupe items, and proceeded to dupe thousands of diamond stacks and whatnot.
3. Villager trading will not be enabled. It's still insanely broken and you can exploit the economy that way. Villager trading is not compatible with having an economy.
4. TheStarNomad

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: smallfry5545 on Jul 08, 2018, 06:15 PMI'd assume with you resetting the money people have, the Emporium prices will be adjusted and fair?
Unless someone provides me with a clear description of these "unfair" prices, I see the need to change nothing.
I don't see how prices are unfair at the moment, please illuminate me

one227

Thank you for finally doing this.

Really looking forward to a full reset and I am so happy that FINALLLY you guys are doing this.

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 09, 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jul 09, 2018, 01:51 AMTransferring over the top 5 auto shops is a horrible idea
And why is that?  Having autoshops is important, as it gives people a place to buy stuff when the emp is closed and having more than one will help provide some competition. Also, I am not letting them keep any of their items or anything...
I'm not a survival player but if this was to happen in pixelmon then i'd totally understand the concern.
I part owned one of the huge shops in pixelmon but i'd still disagree with only moving 5 if there was as many as survival have. Mainly because that's screwing over smaller shop owners that are trying to compete because while the 5 bigger ones that have been successful can just keep doing it on the new world the smaller shops will have to go build their shop from scratch and when they finally finish the other 5 will already dominate the field and make it super hard for new shops to get credit.

But idk that's just my outside opinion and i obviously have no idea how it works on survival just think it sounds like there could be a bit of favoritism involved X:

(this is in no way an attack or drama post but just stating what i understood it as)

\(◎o◎)/

Tombo_

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 09, 2018, 07:42 AM

Then it isn't a full reset is it?

AtomicPulse

maybe now I won't be the only one to be killed 100 times an hour...
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard