Mar 28, 2024, 11:41 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Autism

Started by Beanz__, Aug 08, 2018, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beanz__

I regularly get asked what is Aspergers (not always on the server but i have been asked a few times) so i am going to give a shortish explanation of what Autism what there is. if you still have any questions that i have not answered than you can ask them below or if you'd rather you can pm me on here.

What is Autism

Autism is a spectrum disorder. It is considered a spectrum condition because there is a group/category of behaviours that have specific key features but the part that makes it different from the other types on the spectrum is how the different behaviours are seen typically ranging from mild to severe.

What is ASC

ASC is the technical term for autsim (not the spectrum), ASC is short for Autism Spectrum Condition, it's the most common known form of autism and it's vastly known as a social disorder or disorder.

People who have autism are generally seen as having limited social, emotional and communication skills and they tend to mainly focus in on the obsessive and repetitive behaviour.

some people with autism can have delays cognitively (mental or intellectual process or the action taken by which people think, reason, understanding of ideas and how they remember things). their behaviour can fluctuate sometimes their behaviour can be calm and then the next minute their behaviour can be out of control. one reason for the fluctuation in their behaviour could be because of sensory overload

What is Asperger Syndrome

this is generally and greatly considered as the 'milder' type of autism on the spectrum. People with Asperger's Syndrome are typically similar to people who are in the 'mainstream' of society compared to people who have autism.  this is because their typical daily responses and behaviours are closely similar, thus being one of the hardest to diagnose.

Because people with Aspergers are close to people in 'mainstream' society it means less people are diagnosed. Also note that every individual with Asperger's syndrome is different from another individual with Asperger's syndrome, once you've met one person with Aspergers you've only met one person with Aspergers.

What is High-Functioning Autism

High-Functioning Autism is hard to differentiate from Asperger's syndrome and it is just as difficult for professionals to diagnose. people with High-Functioning Autism (i'm now going to be referring it as HFA from now on) could exhibit some features of asperger's, for instance they could have limited social skills, have obsessive interests and also have emotional responses which in some cases are seen as inappropriate. However people with HFA are more likely to be smarter than your average person and they are more likely to occupy professional positions such as a professor or an ICT technician because of how intelligent they are.

How does Asperger's affect me

My Asperger's affects me mainly with communication. My communication my seem alright and even in person it may seem alright at times but when i explain something that is where i tend to screw up because i'll be trying to explain something and the person just won't understand yet they say that they do which will infuriates me.

Graceq

I think it is very important that people read and understand articles or in this case, forums about mental disabilities. I personally think it is needed in today's society, especially because of the inconsiderate people on the internet. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Beanz__

Quote from: GraceDaBear on Aug 08, 2018, 11:06 PMI think it is very important that people read and understand articles or in this case, forums about mental disabilities. I personally think it is needed in today's society, especially because of the inconsiderate people on the internet. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

i've explained only the basics of autism, there is way much more to it if you want to get the full understanding. i'm currently doing a Level 2 autism awareness course so i have a better understanding of my own condition and others like stated before, so then if anyone ever plays on here an has one of the forms of autism then i can help them out and explain things in a way they understand, and also they can have someone they can play with knowing that they have someone they understand.

like i said above if anyone wants to know more then just pm me if you don't want to ask on here because of the amount there is to it because if you really want to understand autism you truly need to delve into the history of autism which there is a lot to it as i've found out and i've found out a lot of information from this course that i'm doing

ohWalrus

Quote from: Beanz__ on Aug 08, 2018, 11:54 PM
Quote from: GraceDaBear on Aug 08, 2018, 11:06 PMI think it is very important that people read and understand articles or in this case, forums about mental disabilities. I personally think it is needed in today's society, especially because of the inconsiderate people on the internet. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

i've explained only the basics of autism, there is way much more to it if you want to get the full understanding. i'm currently doing a Level 2 autism awareness course so i have a better understanding of my own condition and others like stated before, so then if anyone ever plays on here an has one of the forms of autism then i can help them out and explain things in a way they understand, and also they can have someone they can play with knowing that they have someone they understand.

like i said above if anyone wants to know more then just pm me if you don't want to ask on here because of the amount there is to it because if you really want to understand autism you truly need to delve into the history of autism which there is a lot to it as i've found out and i've found out a lot of information from this course that i'm doing
I really appreciate this as I have a cousin with autism and now I feel like I know there perspective  in life. Thx for sharing
Survival Tycoon and Benefactor
Creative and Loot Architect

Beanz__

Quote from: Arctic_Walrus on Aug 09, 2018, 02:41 AM
Quote from: Beanz__ on Aug 08, 2018, 11:54 PM

I really appreciate this as I have a cousin with autism and now I feel like I know there perspective  in life. Thx for sharing

if you want to ask me anything then i'm happy to answer

Miricx

Thanos

This is actually really helpful for me, since I know understand what Autism is a bit better. Thanks for the post @Beanz_
Former Survival Manager
Survival Professor

Beanz__

Quote from: Thanos on Aug 09, 2018, 07:26 PMThis is actually really helpful for me, since I know understand what Autism is a bit better. Thanks for the post @Beanz_

it's alright @Thanos  i just really want to make it easier for people to understand autism better and have less of a negative view of people with autism which i have been seeing a lot of lately to be honest.

like i said before if you have any more questions that weren't answered in this super brief explanation (believe me it is brief my first part of my course work was 10 pages Full an that is just the tip of the iceberg there is tonnes more to it all) (also there are 3 parts of my course work, all simply named Part A, Part B and Part C)

Britney1177

My twin brother has Aspergers and when he was younger, he didn't fit in socially. Now that we're older, he fits in with everyone else but sometimes he has a short temper and he still has some sensory issues. Thank you Beanz for spreading awareness and for sharing how it affects you.

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Aelia Angel

I do actually have a possibility of having autisim/aspergers but Im like borderline, so Its extremely hard to tell. I do have the symptoms, which is proof that I may have it. I live a typically almost normal life, its just my autism and depression that make it not normal. I am healing slowly, but at least its progress.

With that said, if anyone needs any help regarding overcoming this and having a better life, Im open! I may not reply too quickly due to school, but I'll reply ASAP. ^^
Former Pocket Mod
If you fail, fail foward. Don't be the victim of the hard times. This is what it takes to be successful.