We need to find the next big Minecraft

Started by Towelie, Aug 26, 2018, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I need your help in finding the next big Minecraft.
What I mean by that, is the next game we could be hosting after minecraft dies off (but hopefully before that happpens).

For a game to work as a server, there have to be some rules:
- Game has to be playable on a wide range of configurations, ranging from toasters to PC MASTER RACE GAMING SYSTEMS
- Game has to offer customisability. Don't ask us to host a COD server, because we'll just be 1 out of 10000000. We need something that allows us to be unique
- Game dev has to not be restrictive. for example there are some gaming companies that don't allow you to sell items in their games. We need to be able to make a revenue to support SFT from that game.
- Has to be relatively new. I don't want us to host another game that is 10 years old and dying.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Nubbun

Aug 26, 2018, 02:52 PM #1 Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018, 03:06 PM by Nubbun
hmmm looked for new games that supported server hosting and i found this game that came out last month called Rend, still in early access so wouldn't recommend starting one right now just give the game a bit of time so the devs have time to improve the game with feedback from its current players.
Would say worth keeping eye on incase the game blows up at a point/the gamedev finishes up some things that are mentioned in their review feed.  :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KODtl464Gc

Other than that i think sft might already have gone through the possible player host server games or whatever they're called... hopefully i'm wrong and someone manages to find one  :-\

edit:
apparently the game is on steams top selling games list in multiplayer catergory and the devs seem to be very quick to reply on their discussion discord

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Looks pretty interesting, will definitely be keeping an eye on it

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

what48.2

Not really sure if this fits all the catagories but no mans sky looks like and interesting game and I think it's a multiplayer game

treefart

Aug 26, 2018, 04:15 PM #4 Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018, 04:20 PM by treefart
Quote from: what48.2 on Aug 26, 2018, 04:03 PMNot really sure if this fits all the catagories but no mans sky looks like and interesting game and I think it's a multiplayer game
It is a multiplayer game but i'm pretty sure it doesn't exactly support server hosting. You can just join other players and I think there are limits to how many people can join. Although if the game keeps getting updated, server hosting may be added.

Suggestions:
I know we already tried terraria, but I feel like that project was kinda given up on in a way? If tow + other sft devs/server peeps got together and really tried to get things up and running then I think it could work. (Not trying to discredit rally for their work)

Another game i'm keeping my eye on is satisfactory. I know for sure i'm going to be playing it when it comes out, although they still haven't announced a release date.
Best tree on survival

Towelie

Quote from: treefart on Aug 26, 2018, 04:15 PM
Quote from: what48.2 on Aug 26, 2018, 04:03 PMNot really sure if this fits all the catagories but no mans sky looks like and interesting game and I think it's a multiplayer game
It is a multiplayer game but i'm pretty sure it doesn't exactly support server hosting. You can just join other players and I think there are limits to how many people can join. Although if the game keeps getting updated, server hosting may be added.

Suggestions:
I know we already tried terraria, but I feel like that project was kinda given up on in a way? If tow + other sft devs/server peeps got together and really tried to get things up and running then I think it could work. (Not trying to discredit rally for their work)

Another game i'm keeping my eye on is satisfactory. I know for sure i'm going to be playing it when it comes out, although they still haven't announced a release date.
We not only tried terraria, but two separate people (saywhat and rally) gave their go at it, in different ways.
Terraria just isn't a replay worthy game once you've beaten the bosses and all that.

badbrad01

how i am seeing this is, to get the next big then is going have to be a high end game with a massive player base and not many people on sft have good pcs that why they play minecraft (my opinion)
and yeah we will loose players due to it but also gain a more players if its a high end game with a decent player base on it

Like-
Arma 3 Dayz/Life high end game good player base mature player base aswell

Made By Miricx

TheRabster1428/Crnge

If I said
Spoiler: show
ROBLOX

would you say yes? lol jk

In my opinion, not many suitable replacements are here yet, we may have to wait until the releases of MANY more games until we can find something suitable, because Minecraft was perfect. I'm going to be on the lookout for games that will suit SFT. plz appreciate me bcos I wrote this msg wit lots of lag
Pocket Ex-Moderator
Survival Member
1.7.10 Technologist/Memelord
B-Team Astronomer/Memelord

diamondcc888

I would suggest a free to explore, server-hosting mmo if thats possible.

Towelie

Quote from: diamondcc888 on Aug 30, 2018, 05:25 AMI would suggest a free to explore, server-hosting mmo if thats possible.
wat? xD

thehay95

this game is Rend or Rust you can play on Steam
công ty giup viec nha, công ty giúp việc nhà quận 1 giá rẻ

Nubbun

Quote from: thehay95 on Aug 30, 2018, 06:35 AMthis game is Rend or Rust you can play on Steam
Rend is mentioned and Rust have been tried. Towelie mentioned that he'll keep eye on Rend which is neat

\(◎o◎)/

Th3RedGamer

No game has the replay value of a sandbox game like minecraft, finding a 'new' one of these games is pretty much impossible without having it die out in a few months or so like all your other attempts at servers other than minecraft

Nubbun

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Aug 30, 2018, 06:51 PMNo game has the replay value of a sandbox game like minecraft, finding a 'new' one of these games is pretty much impossible without having it die out in a few months or so like all your other attempts at servers other than minecraft
So your idea of a solution?

\(◎o◎)/

what48.2

You know what we need? Fortnite to release servers that you can host so we can do that ;)

blakus87

Quote from: what48.2 on Aug 30, 2018, 11:39 PMYou know what we need? Fortnite to release servers that you can host so we can do that ;)

It's people like you that make people break their TVs. 😜

Th3RedGamer

Quote from: Nubbun on Aug 30, 2018, 09:52 PM
Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Aug 30, 2018, 06:51 PMNo game has the replay value of a sandbox game like minecraft, finding a 'new' one of these games is pretty much impossible without having it die out in a few months or so like all your other attempts at servers other than minecraft
So your idea of a solution?
There is none for now, barely any 'new' games can be played on a 'potato' pc

Waddupcuz

blakus87

Quote from: Waddupcuz on Sep 01, 2018, 05:41 AMhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/593600/PixARK/

This game is hella fun. The worlds arent very big from what Ive seen when I played it a couple times. Could def be wrong tho.

theP

Sep 01, 2018, 07:29 AM #19 Last Edit: Sep 01, 2018, 11:07 AM by theP
Quote from: blakus87 on Sep 01, 2018, 06:04 AM
Quote from: Waddupcuz on Sep 01, 2018, 05:41 AMhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/593600/PixARK/

This game is hella fun. The worlds arent very big from what Ive seen when I played it a couple times. Could def be wrong tho.
Im 90% 100% sure we had a server on that already, which, big surprise coming up, died

Towelie

Quote from: theP on Sep 01, 2018, 07:29 AM
Quote from: blakus87 on Sep 01, 2018, 06:04 AM

Im 90% sure we had a server on that already, which, big surprise coming up, died
^ Make that 100%

Waddupcuz

didn't know just saw it, thought it looked cool and suggested it

AtomicPulse

tbh there aren't many games as big and like minecraft, and if they're, this community is mainly based around minecraft players which could be a reason why you aren't getting many players on these servers?
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Miricx

how we finna find the next big thing when mainstream games are just shit
and not only shit, but shit that isn't hostable aka fortnite, pubg, csgo, scum, rocket league

community based and good games are irrelevant 2018

MonkeyJiblets

I don't know what else there really is that can be played on a potato PC. Old games are old games for a reason, they can be played on an old pc. New games are new games for a reason, they can be played on an updated pc. I understand there are players that can't necessarily play the new games, but we still have Minecraft. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, or however you'd put it, but the only way to continue SFT and grow it as a whole is to move into the future.  That being said we need to move to games that require a more up to date PC, I'm not saying PC Master Race $15,000 PC's (Cough Cough Quic) but something that can play more modern games. The hardest part of this is finding games that EVERYONE can play. We don't need to remove Minecraft from our list of offered servers and I never think we should, given that many players can't play more modern games. But for those who can, I think that's the only way to expand our playerbase. That being said I suggest games like, Rust (I know this failed the first time but continued updates have made it more worthwhile), Arma 3, DayZ, No Man's Sky (If future updates are added to support server hosting.), Rend, I know there are others and I'll continue to add to the list. Please let me know opinions so I know if I'm a somewhat smart idiot, or if I'm a lunatic and was fed these ideas by the Easter Bunny.
"All Great Things Come With An Equally Great Criticism" -MonkeyJiblets 2k18