[Survival] Adressing the rollbacks and bugs

Started by Towelie, Aug 31, 2018, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Rollbacks:
I would like to ensure you that the rollbacks were ISOLATED INCIDENTS and they will no longer occur so often (normally we had 2-3 rollbacks / year).
I can guarantee that the rollbacks were not due to incompetence or misconduct (either mine or my team's), but due to a spigot bug that prevented the internal server from writing the world changes to disk. So even though we had backups every 3 hours, all backups contained day old information because of the internal saving engine that is built in in minecraft was malfunctioning.
The bug was since fixed, so we shouldn't have any big rollbacks from now on. Smaller rollbacks (up to 3-4h) are still possible, but highly unlikely. Basically, whenever the server crashes during shutdown, the world fails to save, therefor a rollback occurs. Since that bug was fixed, it is extremely unlikely that it will happen again any time soon.

Bugs:

I am aware, there are a lot of bugs in Survival 1.13/1.13.1. Why is that? Because when I updated to 1.13, I had to choose the lesser of two evils (update the server and have a lot of broken plugins and bugs OR let the server die).
I am fixing bugs on a daily basis, and FYI it's a time consuming task, taking me 1-2h / day.
Please bear with us, the server will eventually be almost bug free, just not until plugins are updated.

I wrote this post because I saw some players were afraid to play / build on the server, fearing subsequent rollbacks. That is not the case.

Thank you!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Rose2247

Thanks tow! I appreciate what you do for SFT
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Mr_nether89

hi tow I bought like 400k plus worth of glass and some other stuff for my automall from [hi739] and its gone I'm just trying to see if I can get it back or fixed

Towelie

Quote from: Mr_nether89 on Sep 04, 2018, 02:58 AMhi tow I bought like 400k plus worth of glass and some other stuff for my automall from [hi739] and its gone I'm just trying to see if I can get it back or fixed
Please create a ticket and specify (as close as possible) the date and time of your purchase, so we can find it in the logs and see what we can do. Generally we don't give items back, but seing that your transaction was pretty big, I'll see what we can do about it, however, ONLY if we can find it in the chestshop logs.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

hismaimai2000

Hello everyone, my name is Hismai, nice to meet you

Nubbun

Quote from: hismaimai2000 on Sep 21, 2018, 10:24 AMBEAUTIFUL
There wasn't really a need to post that, considering the post was made in august and has been quiet in 17 days and it didn't really add any useful comment .-.

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Quote from: Nubbun on Sep 21, 2018, 04:27 PM
Quote from: hismaimai2000 on Sep 21, 2018, 10:24 AMBEAUTIFUL
There wasn't really a need to post that, considering the post was made in august and has been quiet in 17 days and it didn't really add any useful comment .-.
Pretty sure they mean Cocoa, in which case, yes, she is beautiful xd