Mar 28, 2024, 11:45 PM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

Any fisherpeople here?

Started by Dpa1991, Sep 29, 2018, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Any of y'all like to go fishing? Starii and me recently got addicted to it. We do saltwater shoreline fishing because the license is free. We're interested in doing freshwater but the license is $17/ea per year and we havent gotten it yet.

We recently got really lucky with some fishing gear, got 2 10ft bigwater ugly stiks & reels for $17/ea new at walmart due to a pricing error (Supposed to be $79.95 ea) and a ugly stik gx2 with reel for $9 because some walmart employee put it in the system as a zebco fishing rod... Supposed to cost like $50

Anyways, if you're into fishing post your catches/gear here. I don't have much gear but when I start catching some nice fish I'll add some pics. So far I've caught an Atlantic black tip shark, Atlantic sharpnose shark, Gaftop sail catfish, hardhead catfish, lady fish and a mangrove snapper

Beanz__

See i enjoy fishing and have done it before but i'm not sure what equipment i need for sea fishing. If i knew exactly what i needed then i'd be down the seafront fishin as i love it, its quite relaxing

Dpa1991

Quote from: Beanz__ on Oct 02, 2018, 01:33 PMSee i enjoy fishing and have done it before but i'm not sure what equipment i need for sea fishing. If i knew exactly what i needed then i'd be down the seafront fishin as i love it, its quite relaxing

Thats the situation I was in, I just grabbed what I had and went for it. I started with a 7ft heavy rod (Spinmaster G7?) a daiwa reel and some 25lb mono. I just threw on a 35lb lead and used a size 3 circle hook. The longer the rod, the further you can cast your line. So my 10ft poles that I have now cast waaaaaaaay further than my old 7ft ones, and currently they're the only ones we've been catching anything on.