Mar 28, 2024, 08:44 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

What would it take to make you an active part of SFT again?

Started by Towelie, Oct 24, 2018, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boomonstervi

My parents made playing video games a pain at my place, I'm sticking around because of pocket and the hope that it will be able to update, but I understand it's condition and how it's being fixed.

N1ux_

It's not the community, the community is great trust me, it's the aspect of the game which is just repetitive. I've done everything possible in this game to find it fun in the past years. I mean I could try to give suggestions but that won't bring me back to the game.

But aside from that I left because the aspect of minecraft got boring it happens, I don't know what else to say, it's complicated to find a game like this fun after a few years...

HD

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 24, 2018, 05:27 PM
Quote from: Dday694 on Oct 24, 2018, 04:54 PM
Quote from: WcTro on Oct 24, 2018, 03:18 PMI'm always active on SFT, but in the shadows.

But if you referring to "Playing Minecraft or the Mods of it", I will say it now: I love the game, I can play it for like time to time, but I won't dedicate my gaming time for it. I'm mostly a Team Fortress 2 player or a RuneScape player (I'm back at it again), with addition of For-- THO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, and CS:GO.

With honestly, I would rather make Animations of Minecraft than play it (Yeah I did some, it was fun, help me with experience).

We actually have tf2 and runescape ranks on the discord that you can ask for by doing !iam tf2 player and/or runescape player as well as having a "what shall not be named" chat room. Feel free to join in any of those if you want to find people that are wanting to play those games!

Honestly I have been pushing for some tf2 shenanigans since scream fortress came out and I might try to push for a tf2 event
Hell, I'd even make a tf2 server if someone gave me a good map rotation list and what gamemode to use.
You're not ready yet, maybe someday I'll bring it up again when it's time..

Cireshie

Quote from: Xenii12 on Oct 25, 2018, 12:26 AMIt's not the community, the community is great trust me, it's the aspect of the game which is just repetitive. I've done everything possible in this game to find it fun in the past years. I mean I could try to give suggestions but that won't bring me back to the game.

But aside from that I left because the aspect of minecraft got boring it happens, I don't know what else to say, it's complicated to find a game like this fun after a few years...
Sums it up pretty well. For the last year or two of my activity, I wouldn't get on to play Minecraft; I got on to play with my friends and talk to them.

That being said, there's literally nothing you could do with Minecraft to bring me back long-term or even for a few months. The games I currently play can't really support a community like Minecraft can so I don't know how to help you.

Miricx

Community based games are dead. Games like CSGO and Fortnite aka Lobby based games are ruling currently. Like Xenii said, the community is good, there's nothing wrong with it, the players just get bored of playing the same game, not the fact that it's not updated with more features or entertainment. You can keep feeding Minecraft features and mods, but it won't change the simple fact that it's still the same concept and still the same game.

Also on a completely different note (or not), my friend nniillss found an old YouTube video that goes back to late 2011, which filmed an old town that we made in a skyrealm. It got me thinking, since I completely forgot about them; What happened to SFT Skyrealms? Now that was a feature that was awesome in my opinion. The question has probably been answered, I bet it got removed for a reason, but I have just forgotten about it.

In case anyone's asking what the fuck I'm talking about; (You can see the full view of the island at 3:01)

also also; Nothing lasts forever, sadly. Reality is the sad fact that people eventually split apart and move on to other adventures, or in this case; games. Just take the video as an example, who is really still active from the video to this very day? People grow up, get jobs, girlfriends, whatever and the time to sit down and play Minecraft the entire night is not an option anymore.

Life sucks, then you die.

Towelie

Quote from: one227 on Oct 24, 2018, 01:45 PMIddk like for me the like core of minecraft lost it touch for me.

Issue what I had with SFT survival is the price of all the new items. It just seems they were stupidly expensive. I started playing after reset and spent a few hours mining, Didn't even make close to 100k. I asked a manager as well what do people normally sell in bulk to try and understand how to actually make money on SFT because mining just wasn't worth it and I just got blanked and ignored by them.

I think idk for me personally prices were to expensive especially to a player who doesn't know how to abuse the system. i/e what items to sell and the items which are easiest to get to make the most money.

I know voting is a good way to make money, but at the moment I would consider myself just to be a casual gamer to minecraft so voting everyday to build up to the good rewards just wasn't for me.

me PERSONALLY thats the main issue I had with SFT and why I stopped playing. I had other issues but this was my main issue which made me leave.
So you stopped playing because the prices were high? yikes xD
Easiest way to make money, hands down, is voting. You make a lot of doe for voting

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: WcTro on Oct 25, 2018, 02:34 PMYou're not ready yet, maybe someday I'll bring it up again when it's time..
huhwhat?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Oct 25, 2018, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Xenii12 on Oct 25, 2018, 12:26 AMIt's not the community, the community is great trust me, it's the aspect of the game which is just repetitive. I've done everything possible in this game to find it fun in the past years. I mean I could try to give suggestions but that won't bring me back to the game.

Sums it up pretty well. For the last year or two of my activity, I wouldn't get on to play Minecraft; I got on to play with my friends and talk to them.

That being said, there's literally nothing you could do with Minecraft to bring me back long-term or even for a few months. The games I currently play can't really support a community like Minecraft can so I don't know how to help you.
Again, I'm not asking what I could do with Minecraft, believe me, I am fed up of Minecraft more than anyone.
But what other game servers could we host?

JumpyAKZ

Ok all I'll say is that I ONLY have PE of Minecraft and that for I can ONLY play the PE sever which has been down for months and I don't think the plugins will ever update which then causing the PE sever to be out of date or shut down so that leaves me to olny be on discord which dew to what happened I no longer tpye that much so my answer to you is to A fix the sever (I did say a way to fix it but the mod said it was over complicated and willed if you want to know what the idea was PM at JumpyAKZ the picture of the Dan the man supper upper cutting a person I think my idea will work but I am not a coder so yep I'll need help) B make a Relm C find an alternative way for the PE players to play Minecraft under SFT's name that is all that I would want to be done thanks for reading this and thanks for giving me the opportunity to help SFT the best that I can :-).

JumpyAKZ

One last thing I forgot to say D find different games and keep the game list fresh and of course PE games as well maybe something like Roblox once again thank you for your time

AtomicPulse

Quote from: mathmatician17 on Oct 24, 2018, 10:25 PM
Quote from: BakaUniverse on Oct 24, 2018, 07:19 PMA modpack that has fun mods and dosnt kill my computer, and mabye some more cooler events on bteam? Mabye ljke quests on it so I have somthing to do instead of restarting when I completed everything.
This is what I mean.  B-team needs more support.

I've been working on a large event which bteam will be in, other than that events aren't easy to run with the low Playerbase so it just becomes a loop.
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Towelie

Quote from: GraceDaBear on Oct 24, 2018, 09:40 PMPersonally, I think it would be super fun if we had more collections of cool items like Steve co! It is one of my favorite parts of SFT, and also if /town (if it is still here) should be advertised more at spawn or something so we can have more attractions to explore if player are willing to create towns. Towns are one of my favorite parts of a server :D
@SashaLarie  - Let's advertise /town at spawn, add a ticket as I'll be gone today so I can do it tomorrow

SashaLarie

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 25, 2018, 04:22 PM
Quote from: one227 on Oct 24, 2018, 01:45 PMIddk like for me the like core of minecraft lost it touch for me.

Issue what I had with SFT survival is the price of all the new items. It just seems they were stupidly expensive. I started playing after reset and spent a few hours mining, Didn't even make close to 100k. I asked a manager as well what do people normally sell in bulk to try and understand how to actually make money on SFT because mining just wasn't worth it and I just got blanked and ignored by them.

I think idk for me personally prices were to expensive especially to a player who doesn't know how to abuse the system. i/e what items to sell and the items which are easiest to get to make the most money.

I know voting is a good way to make money, but at the moment I would consider myself just to be a casual gamer to minecraft so voting everyday to build up to the good rewards just wasn't for me.

me PERSONALLY thats the main issue I had with SFT and why I stopped playing. I had other issues but this was my main issue which made me leave.
So you stopped playing because the prices were high? yikes xD
Easiest way to make money, hands down, is voting. You make a lot of doe for voting
Prices may seem high, but money is ridiculously easy to make.

Bobert

Not sure if I'll ever be able to become an active part of SFT again simply because I have too much responsibility in life nowadays to stay active but what I believe SFT needs is something that can get the WHOLE SFT community together on one server or project. When I was active I logged on to play because of the 100+ people that were on and how much activity could be found on the server at any given moment of the day. Currently the population of SFT is spread across multiple servers leaving each community too small to attract that old group of players that used to play when SFT had such had a large group on one server (Survival). Not saying I have the idea for a server that could bring everyone on SFT together but if all / the majority of the active players came together and began playing on one server / game this would allow old players to come by at any point and relive that feeling of joining a server that has a large number of players producing the activity that Survival used to provide for people. Hopefully this is helpful if not I tried my best  :pig:
"Nobody will be hopping on any bob train"

American_Walrus

Towelie

Quote from: BakaUniverse on Oct 24, 2018, 07:19 PMA modpack that has fun mods and dosnt kill my computer, and mabye some more cooler events on bteam? Mabye ljke quests on it so I have somthing to do instead of restarting when I completed everything.
Not possible. You can't have the holy trinity.
By that I mean, you can't have: 1. A newer MC version 2. A modpack that doesn't lag 3. A modpack that is fun to play

Towelie

lionblaze10

Honestly I just miss the diversity and player base we used to have and I know that due to the age of the game / player base its impossible to make it what it was. I was someone who played actively on Survival, PE, Vanilla (gone) and factions(old)(gone). Due to the fact that most of the pwople I used to play with and 1/2 the servers I used to play on are gone I dont see myself becoming even a semi-active player again.
Note: I also have a career and a family life to manage and due to my limited time at home it is not practicable for me to play actively anymore.
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

AtomicPulse

Quote from: Bobert on Oct 26, 2018, 09:46 PMNot sure if I'll ever be able to become an active part of SFT again simply because I have too much responsibility in life nowadays to stay active but what I believe SFT needs is something that can get the WHOLE SFT community together on one server or project. When I was active I logged on to play because of the 100+ people that were on and how much activity could be found on the server at any given moment of the day. Currently the population of SFT is spread across multiple servers leaving each community too small to attract that old group of players that used to play when SFT had such had a large group on one server (Survival). Not saying I have the idea for a server that could bring everyone on SFT together but if all / the majority of the active players came together and began playing on one server / game this would allow old players to come by at any point and relive that feeling of joining a server that has a large number of players producing the activity that Survival used to provide for people. Hopefully this is helpful if not I tried my best  :pig:
Like I said before, if the event gets enough attraction something similar could be arranged. But after all its also the fact the Playerbase is much smaller now.
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

td998

For there to be more than like 7 people on at a time tbh

SashaLarie

Quote from: td998 on Nov 09, 2018, 06:49 PMFor there to be more than like 7 people on at a time tbh
I understand this I guess, but if everyone stops playing because there aren't any players, that just makes it worse? If everyone who won't play cause the lack of players, goes online there will probably be quite a few people on. That's just how I see it xD

Towelie

Quote from: td998 on Nov 09, 2018, 06:49 PMFor there to be more than like 7 people on at a time tbh
Believe me, I'd like that too. But that's not a valid reason not to play. You still have a lot to do and people to talk with, both in-game and on discord.

Attackoftheadam1

i would play if i could run the modpacks they somethimes have too much mods that sometimes ruins the other mods and makes it harder