Mar 28, 2024, 08:33 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

What would it take to make you an active part of SFT again?

Started by Towelie, Oct 24, 2018, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

This post is adressed more to people that played once on SFT, and are no longer playing, but also applies to existing players that would like something new.
What would it take to get you generally interested in SFT again? What kind of game server / other?
Please stick to one per person, because I will take the most mentioned and make them into a poll.

Things that aren't coming back, regardless:
- Factions. I'd rather kill SFT with my own hands than bring Factions back.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Beanz__

What would bring me back constantly every day is if i had the time to but i have a lot of things that going on at the minute

Frency34

I miss the Pixelmon server. It used to be so active.

XxRagingKillerX

i would like a brand new custom modpack like the old lostisland but completely redone with all new mods / updates also with a nice questbook for those who like to follow a quest line
Lost is a server that can only get better :) <3
Rage
Raging
Craigo

Towelie

Quote from: Frency34 on Oct 24, 2018, 01:23 PMI miss the Pixelmon server. It used to be so active.
The pixelmon server didn't go anywhere, it's still there.
Yes, Dpa is working on an updated version that fixes many of the bugs, but technically the server is still there, the players just stopped playing on it..

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: XxRagingKillerX on Oct 24, 2018, 01:24 PMi would like a brand new custom modpack like the old lostisland but completely redone with all new mods / updates also with a nice questbook for those who like to follow a quest line
Custom modpack = take your mind off that, it's not going to happen.
We simply don't have the manpower, dev power and all that to make it happen.
1.7.10 Pack seems like what you're describing, minus the custom part.

Nubbun

mcmmo on pixelmon like back when it was at its prime... the perks when you got high lvls really made the leaderboard worthy of being climbed

\(◎o◎)/

George

according to my friends minecraft is no longer fun for them. They quit because fortnite came out and they started playing like nerds.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Towelie

Quote from: Nubbun on Oct 24, 2018, 01:26 PMmcmmo on pixelmon like back when it was at its prime... the perks when you got high lvls really made the leaderboard worthy of being climbed
pokes @Dpa1991

Towelie

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 24, 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote from: Nubbun on Oct 24, 2018, 01:26 PMmcmmo on pixelmon like back when it was at its prime... the perks when you got high lvls really made the leaderboard worthy of being climbed
pokes @Dpa1991
Oh, wait, is mcMMO even on sponge? I don't think so :(

one227

Iddk like for me the like core of minecraft lost it touch for me.

Issue what I had with SFT survival is the price of all the new items. It just seems they were stupidly expensive. I started playing after reset and spent a few hours mining, Didn't even make close to 100k. I asked a manager as well what do people normally sell in bulk to try and understand how to actually make money on SFT because mining just wasn't worth it and I just got blanked and ignored by them.

I think idk for me personally prices were to expensive especially to a player who doesn't know how to abuse the system. i/e what items to sell and the items which are easiest to get to make the most money.

I know voting is a good way to make money, but at the moment I would consider myself just to be a casual gamer to minecraft so voting everyday to build up to the good rewards just wasn't for me.

me PERSONALLY thats the main issue I had with SFT and why I stopped playing. I had other issues but this was my main issue which made me leave.

mathmatician17

Honestly, I'd like real support for the other packs.  At least to me, it seems like only Survival gets support.

SashaLarie

Quote from: mathmatician17 on Oct 24, 2018, 02:04 PMHonestly, I'd like real support for the other packs.  At least to me, it seems like only Survival gets support.
What do you mean by support?

SlimeyBoi123

Tbh what ide like to see is some more up to date modded servers 1.6 and 1.7 are just getting really old now this is why I've been playing a custom 1.12 mod pack it's cuz 1.7 packs there's just no new ways of doing things I've played so many 1.7 packs and they just become repetitive
lost = life

Towelie

Quote from: mathmatician17 on Oct 24, 2018, 02:04 PMHonestly, I'd like real support for the other packs.  At least to me, it seems like only Survival gets support.
You guess wrongly.

@Dpa1991 is exclusively managing Pixelmon
@xQuicScopex✪ is exclusively managing 1.7.10 and bTeam

Only I am giving support to Survival.

HD

I'm always active on SFT, but in the shadows.

But if you referring to "Playing Minecraft or the Mods of it", I will say it now: I love the game, I can play it for like time to time, but I won't dedicate my gaming time for it. I'm mostly a Team Fortress 2 player or a RuneScape player (I'm back at it again), with addition of For-- THO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, and CS:GO.

With honestly, I would rather make Animations of Minecraft than play it (Yeah I did some, it was fun, help me with experience).

AtomicPulse

UHC would be fun. Wheather people would play it, idk.
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

mathmatician17

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 24, 2018, 02:37 PM
You guess wrongly.

@Dpa1991 is exclusively managing Pixelmon
@xQuicScopex✪ is exclusively managing 1.7.10 and bTeam

Only I am giving support to Survival.

Still, the community on Survival is the only one that really gets any attention.  All of the publicity that the server gets is directed primarily towards Survival.  It could easily be an issue with those communities, but I feel like it's only Survival that's getting fame.

Dday694

Quote from: WcTro on Oct 24, 2018, 03:18 PMI'm always active on SFT, but in the shadows.

But if you referring to "Playing Minecraft or the Mods of it", I will say it now: I love the game, I can play it for like time to time, but I won't dedicate my gaming time for it. I'm mostly a Team Fortress 2 player or a RuneScape player (I'm back at it again), with addition of For-- THO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, and CS:GO.

With honestly, I would rather make Animations of Minecraft than play it (Yeah I did some, it was fun, help me with experience).

We actually have tf2 and runescape ranks on the discord that you can ask for by doing !iam tf2 player and/or runescape player as well as having a "what shall not be named" chat room. Feel free to join in any of those if you want to find people that are wanting to play those games!

Honestly I have been pushing for some tf2 shenanigans since scream fortress came out and I might try to push for a tf2 event

Towelie

Quote from: Dday694 on Oct 24, 2018, 04:54 PM
Quote from: WcTro on Oct 24, 2018, 03:18 PMI'm always active on SFT, but in the shadows.

We actually have tf2 and runescape ranks on the discord that you can ask for by doing !iam tf2 player and/or runescape player as well as having a "what shall not be named" chat room. Feel free to join in any of those if you want to find people that are wanting to play those games!

Honestly I have been pushing for some tf2 shenanigans since scream fortress came out and I might try to push for a tf2 event
Hell, I'd even make a tf2 server if someone gave me a good map rotation list and what gamemode to use.

Cr1_98

I think I can say I used to be decently active, however the reason I don't really play anymore is simply because I don't have the time too and because other games (generally things like Fallout 4 and Civilization V but also others) take what little time I do have for gaming these days. For me to play I'd simply need the time I used to have back when I was active. If I had that I'm sure I'd probably come on more, relative to me current activity which is practically 0. SFT didn't do anything wrong in my eyes, what I lost was the spare time I used to play, mainly. (There are other lesser contributing reasons but I cannot state them here - if you want them Towelie you'll have to PM me on something and I'll give you a quick reminder).

Also, while I don't want to speak on behalf of others, I'm sure there will be other players who are in the same, or a similar, boat to me.

BakaUniverse

A modpack that has fun mods and dosnt kill my computer, and mabye some more cooler events on bteam? Mabye ljke quests on it so I have somthing to do instead of restarting when I completed everything.
\(o-o)/

treefart

Quote from: one227 on Oct 24, 2018, 01:45 PMIddk like for me the like core of minecraft lost it touch for me.

Issue what I had with SFT survival is the price of all the new items. It just seems they were stupidly expensive. I started playing after reset and spent a few hours mining, Didn't even make close to 100k. I asked a manager as well what do people normally sell in bulk to try and understand how to actually make money on SFT because mining just wasn't worth it and I just got blanked and ignored by them.

I think idk for me personally prices were to expensive especially to a player who doesn't know how to abuse the system. i/e what items to sell and the items which are easiest to get to make the most money.

I know voting is a good way to make money, but at the moment I would consider myself just to be a casual gamer to minecraft so voting everyday to build up to the good rewards just wasn't for me.

me PERSONALLY thats the main issue I had with SFT and why I stopped playing. I had other issues but this was my main issue which made me leave.

Not trying to invalidate your issue, but for starters you can ask other players about money making and the economy, and i'm sure they'd help you out. Also if a manager didn't reply it most likely meant they were very busy. Also you might want to come back now, because mining received a big update after the pyromining plugin was added. :D
Best tree on survival

Graceq

Personally, I think it would be super fun if we had more collections of cool items like Steve co! It is one of my favorite parts of SFT, and also if /town (if it is still here) should be advertised more at spawn or something so we can have more attractions to explore if player are willing to create towns. Towns are one of my favorite parts of a server :D

mathmatician17

Quote from: BakaUniverse on Oct 24, 2018, 07:19 PMA modpack that has fun mods and dosnt kill my computer, and mabye some more cooler events on bteam? Mabye ljke quests on it so I have somthing to do instead of restarting when I completed everything.
This is what I mean.  B-team needs more support.