Jun 16, 2019, 11:09 pm

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Survival community feedback

Started by Towelie, Dec 20, 2018, 02:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: bru_swayne on Jan 04, 2019, 07:04 amWould it be possible to make jack-o-lanterns be crafted without shearing pumpkins?
Um, ask mojang lol xd

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: ochoaj on Jan 02, 2019, 11:02 pm
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 22, 2018, 08:44 am
Quote from: omelott on Dec 21, 2018, 07:01 pmIt would be nice if you reset the Nether/End more often

True. It's a pain though as I have to generate them on a completely different server, then move them to Survival.

maybe instead, expand the the nether and the end to a great extent, and then you wouldn't have to reset them as often?

Everything costs. So expanding them would make them bigger. I'm not healthy enough atm to explain how much space on disk a world takes according to each size and why every increase not only doubles but i believe multiplies by 8x the size on disk. Again, not in the best state of mind

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

UrbanmineR

â-'â-ˆâ-€â-€â-€â-ˆ â-'â-ˆâ"€â"€â-'â-ˆ   â-'â-ˆâ-€â-€â-€â-ˆ â-'â-ˆâ-€â-€â-€â-ˆ
â"€â-,,â-,,â-,,â-€â-€   â-'â-ˆâ-,,â-,,â-,,â-ˆ â"€â"€â-,,â-,,â-,,â-€â-€ â"€â-,,â-,,â-,,â-€â-€
â-'â-ˆâ-,,â-,,â-,,â-ˆ â"€â"€â-'â-ˆâ"€â"€  â-'â-ˆâ-,,â-,,â-,,â-ˆ â-'â-ˆâ-,,â-,,â-,,â-ˆ

lionblaze10

As someone who just recently started playing again I think it would be nice for elite or maybe legend+ to have the ability to place pistons as they are necessary for slimefun progression and staff are not always on to assist.

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

misspiggy95

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 21, 2019, 12:54 amAs someone who just recently started playing again I think it would be nice for elite or maybe legend+ to have the ability to place pistons as they are necessary for slimefun progression and staff are not always on to assist.

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10
The only issue I see (well maybe not ONLY) is that staff log pistons for players, since players can only have a certain amount of pistons
This would just give free reign to players to place them

Melons are love. Melons are life

SashaLarie

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Jan 21, 2019, 02:23 am
Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 21, 2019, 12:54 amAs someone who just recently started playing again I think it would be nice for elite or maybe legend+ to have the ability to place pistons as they are necessary for slimefun progression and staff are not always on to assist.

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10
The only issue I see (well maybe not ONLY) is that staff log pistons for players, since players can only have a certain amount of pistons
Plus there are a lot of illegal build, etc that players would be able to make

FinnDaFiesh

i think there should be a trashcan plugin so when you do a command ( /trash or something like that) a trashcan will show up and you can get rid of things through it. i think itd be useful for mining and all of the cobble
Potatoes are the best thing to happen to me :potato: :potato:

misspiggy95

Quote from: FinnDaFiesh on Jan 21, 2019, 01:54 pmi think there should be a trashcan plugin so when you do a command ( /trash or something like that) a trashcan will show up and you can get rid of things through it. i think itd be useful for mining and all of the cobble
There is a trash bin in slimefun that is craftable

Melons are love. Melons are life

George_Filos

1) You should fix glow as soon as possible in my opinion.
2) You should make youtube videos about the server or try inviting youtubers so we can get more playerbase.
3) You probably may have to update pyromining and some more plugins just to add new features to make the server more fun! :)
Sub to PewDiePie for good luck!
Use code george_filos in the item shop for good luck!
Sub to Mr.Beast for a free cookie.
Simple as that! ^ ^ ^

stevebean

Quote from: George_Filos on Jan 22, 2019, 02:06 pm1) You should fix glow as soon as possible in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure it's being worked on right now

Quote from: George_Filos on Jan 22, 2019, 02:06 pm2) You should make youtube videos about the server or try inviting youtubers so we can get more playerbase.

There are already a few videos made by Tow/Miricx/etc, but Tow and Tony we're working on recruiting YouTubers to make videos about SFT.  https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,186934.msg891782.html#msg891782

Quote from: George_Filos on Jan 22, 2019, 02:06 pm3) You probably may have to update pyromining and some more plugins just to add new features to make the server more fun! :)

That's up to the developer of the plugin, so Pyro would be the one to update pyrofishing and pyromining, but for other plugins, their respective developers would need to update them

lionblaze10

Quote from: SashaLarie on Jan 21, 2019, 02:37 am

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10

Is there a way to give legends the ability to log piston similar to how we have the ability to do BCVs? I know these are two different systems but ive noticed this being a recurring issue lately.
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

SashaLarie

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 23, 2019, 02:28 pm

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10

Is there a way to give legends the ability to log piston similar to how we have the ability to do BCVs? I know these are two different systems but ive noticed this being a recurring issue lately.
If you need to contact a staff member to help you with something like placing a piston or a protection you can always beep us on discord. I don't think that the perms should be given to legends as it would make it harder for us to keep track of what they are being used for.

Towelie

Quote from: SashaLarie on Jan 23, 2019, 02:52 pm
Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 23, 2019, 02:28 pm

SFT's sexiest pig,
Lionblaze10

If you need to contact a staff member to help you with something like placing a piston or a protection you can always beep us on discord. I don't think that the perms should be given to legends as it would make it harder for us to keep track of what they are being used for.
and legends have duped in the past (Stancrazy) and pistons can be used for duping,s o no.

GRIMI_

Sorry for bumping a dead post. I imagine you still want feedback.

I recently got back into survival, particularly interested in farming, redstone and machines etc. at the moment as seems to be in vogue with Youtubers (hermitcraft and whatnot)

However, I find the old auto farm and redstone restrictions outdated. I understand that the rules were necessary to avoid lag with 160+ players on the server, however now that we are peaking at ~35, we can manage to relax the restrictions to allow more scope of play for more technical players.

With regards to the EmpBuck economy impact, I'm sure that it will impact the economy no more than the pyro-fishing buffs are currently, and will actually open the base-game up for a lot of players as a viable way to make money. Surely the method should not be to blame, and rather the economy be adjusted if required to compensate.

Towelie

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Feb 24, 2019, 11:10 pmSorry for bumping a dead post. I imagine you still want feedback.

I recently got back into survival, particularly interested in farming, redstone and machines etc. at the moment as seems to be in vogue with Youtubers (hermitcraft and whatnot)

However, I find the old auto farm and redstone restrictions outdated. I understand that the rules were necessary to avoid lag with 160+ players on the server, however now that we are peaking at ~35, we can manage to relax the restrictions to allow more scope of play for more technical players.

With regards to the EmpBuck economy impact, I'm sure that it will impact the economy no more than the pyro-fishing buffs are currently, and will actually open the base-game up for a lot of players as a viable way to make money. Surely the method should not be to blame, and rather the economy be adjusted if required to compensate.

We have relaxed the restrictions for semi automatic farms.
We cannot allow auto farms due to two issues:
- Extreme lag (has nothing to do with the number of players, it's enough for 3-4 of these autofarms to be active to lag a server to a crawl. In modpacks it's easier to cope with that / handle it, but in vanilla servers, not that much.
- Pistons. There is still a crazy amount of pistons exploits/dupes/glitches and it is why pistons are restricted and a staff member generally will look into how you are using your pistons. Until Minecraft fixes this bullshit (quite honestly, it's laughable how they don't manage to fix some freaking exploits that have been around since the pistons were added)

GRIMI_

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 25, 2019, 07:45 am
Quote from: GRIMI_ on Feb 24, 2019, 11:10 pmSorry for bumping a dead post. I imagine you still want feedback.

We have relaxed the restrictions for semi automatic farms.
We cannot allow auto farms due to two issues:
- Extreme lag (has nothing to do with the number of players, it's enough for 3-4 of these autofarms to be active to lag a server to a crawl. In modpacks it's easier to cope with that / handle it, but in vanilla servers, not that much.
- Pistons. There is still a crazy amount of pistons exploits/dupes/glitches and it is why pistons are restricted and a staff member generally will look into how you are using your pistons. Until Minecraft fixes this bullshit (quite honestly, it's laughable how they don't manage to fix some freaking exploits that have been around since the pistons were added)

Towelie, thanks for the response.

I concede the autofarms still need limitations to avoid constant server meltdown, I recognise steps have been made recently w.r.t this, and hope that the server continues to react.

With regards to pistons, I don't disagree that they should be staff placeable only, however their usage limits could be expanded within reason. Such to allow:
-more pistons (maybe different limits for higher ranks as an incentive?)
-Piston usage in SEMI-automatic farms eg. kelp farm.

twoseksii

Quote from: treefart on Jan 10, 2019, 05:14 amI've heard from multiple players that the /back command would be extremely appreciated. For those who don't know, /back was a command used way back in the day that allowed player to return to their last death spot. Now I've heard lots about if we have this command then it wouldn't be "real survival", but it's less about holding true to a genre and more to lot having players getting pissed off and leaving because they lose all of their stuff. I do remember the old duping glitch used with this command so I'd recommend either finding a way to patch said glitch or trying to find another plugin that utilizes different code and hopefully the dupe glitch doesn't exist in the others.
I agree that /back or /return is a good idea. I know how annoying it can be to use /random and find a great spot, only to die and lose it.
Kate :creeper:
Super Fun Time - Survival JMod
Discord: @twoseksii#2434

winston_b

Quote from: kate2808 on Mar 06, 2019, 03:06 pm
Quote from: treefart on Jan 10, 2019, 05:14 amI've heard from multiple players that the /back command would be extremely appreciated. For those who don't know, /back was a command used way back in the day that allowed player to return to their last death spot. Now I've heard lots about if we have this command then it wouldn't be "real survival", but it's less about holding true to a genre and more to lot having players getting pissed off and leaving because they lose all of their stuff. I do remember the old duping glitch used with this command so I'd recommend either finding a way to patch said glitch or trying to find another plugin that utilizes different code and hopefully the dupe glitch doesn't exist in the others.
I agree that /back or /return is a good idea. I know how annoying it can be to use /random and find a great spot, only to die and lose it.
I never did quite get this one... yes we're a survival server, but we have plugins and warps and teleporting. And if people teleporting back is such a problem why not just allow it ONLY when people die
Former Staff
January 1, 2016 to June 29, 2017

Qd -b[ fbxvubr [/cbhv wuqf Hvffk.v Hv kw rq/fwb/:t:xc b/ f'-lvP Hbnbf
Quote from: Towelie on Nov 07, 2016, 07:05 pmMake America great again... I mean SFT.