Mar 28, 2024, 11:14 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

What show/movie would you recommend?

Started by xJade, Jan 26, 2019, 02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xJade

Hey guys i was wondering what shows/movies you guys watch. I ran out of shows to watch and i'm curious about the movies or shows you guys watch. What's it about? How many seasons are there?

I watch Steven Universe a show about self love and acceptance. The show is about a group of alien gems also known as The Crystal Gems. The Crystal Gems are a team of magical beings who are the self-appointed guardians of the universe. Half-human, half-Gem hero Steven is the "little brother" of the group. The goofball is learning to save the world using the magical powers that come from his bellybutton and he goes on magical adventures with the rest of the Crystal Gems, even though he's not as powerful -- or smart -- as fellow group members Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl. Despite his shortcomings, Steven usually finds a surprising way to save the day.

heres a clip from "your mother and mine" explaining how the crystal gem rebellion was formed. (stop at 3:21 if you don't want a minor spoiler)

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

BuilderDaisy

Jan 26, 2019, 03:45 PM #1 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 10:33 PM by Lady_Carissa
Movies
The Theory Of Everything - Stephen Hawking. Eddie Redmayne's acting is 10/10

Fantastic Beasts - If you like Harry Potter, you'll enjoy this.

Logan - Wolverine. Pretty gruesome.

Rampage -  Trailer

Crazy Rich Asians - Trailer

Every single Marvel's Avengers movie too

Pirates of the Caribbean
TV Shows
Queer Eye - Fab Five giving makeovers. It's on Netflix.

Great British Baking Show - So many seasons to binge watch.

Gossip Girl

Nubbun

Series:
ShamelessUS: haven't finished but it's pretty decent (if you ignore jimmy)
SkinsUK: but only the first couple of seasons... The show became nextlvlcringe towards the newer seasons.
Casuals: recently started, it has it's moments where it's fun and other moments where it's kinda "eh" but I'm at start of season3 so can't really call it bad.
Degrassi(mainly The next generation): Lots of episodes and even more characters but they get introduced in a way that isn't overwhelming, and before you know it you grow to love so many of the characters.
The 100: Too bad it only had 3seasons and the third only had 7 and a half episodes q.q (in denial, leave me alone)
Blackmirror: if you haven't watched it at this point, what are you even doing?
Game of thrones: if you haven't watched it at this point, what are you even doing?
Orange is the new black: if you haven't watched it at this point, what are you even doing?
Wentworth: basically orange is the new black but Australian and on steroids pretty much (lots of explicit scenes that can be brutal to watch but overall has a lot of resemblance to OITNB). If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with wentworth.

Cartoons:
First off, +1 for steven universe.

Gravity falls
Over the garden wall
Young Justice
X-men Evolutions
Last airbender
Legend of Korra

and just because i wanna piss off some people i'm gonna mention Future Diary here since it is a good anime but i don't wanna make a catergory called anime

Movies:
Harry Potter
Call me by your name
Rent
Rocky horror picture show

\(◎o◎)/

Miricx

prison break and how i met your mother

TheStarNomad✯

Movies:
I'm not partial to many movies anymore, but I've always loved the MIB (Men in Black) trilogy and classics like The Mummy.
Currently, I've binge watched the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), with my favourites there being Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok.

As for cartoon movies, I literally just google "cartoon movies [year]" and watch the top ones. (Good thing to do if you're bored)

Series:
I don't watch any series other than cartoons, as I'm a massive fan of animation.
My favourites are:
- SU, same as you
- Star VS the Forces of Evil (Starts off as some funny entertainment but becomes much deeper and lore filled)
- Wander Over Yonder (A show heavily invested in animation and characterisation. Its funny, entertaining, and I adore it for its characters and music)
- Futurama (A classic)
- Gravity Falls (If you haven't seen this yet idk what you're doing)

Long time StarNomad

omelott

Jan 26, 2019, 10:55 PM #5 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 01:58 AM by omelott
Some of my favorite shows:

The Handmaids Tale (2 Seasons)- About a woman who lives in a futuristic theocratic United States where women are denied any rights
House of Cards (6 Seasons)- A political thriller about a power-hungry congressman (@ochoaj)
Designated Survivor (2 Seasons)- Another political thriller about a low-level cabinet member who becomes President after an attack on the capitol during the State of the Union
Ozark (2 Seasons)- About a man and his family who move to Southern Missouri to launder money for a Mexican drug cartel
Narcos (3 Seasons)- About the life of Pablo Escobar and attempts by the DEA to stop him
Westworld (2 Seasons)- About a futuristic wild-west theme park where people can interact with robots that look and behave exactly like humans (would recommend to Black Mirror fans)

lionblaze10

Movies:
Hunter Killer
Aquaman
Bahemian Rhapsody

Shows:
Peaky Blinders
Black Sails
Firefly
Bigmouth
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

American_Walrus

Ozark is a really good Netflix original

AtomicPulse

Late reply but some good TV shows I've watched:

DC TV Shows:
Unlike the films they're actually decent. The flash, supergirl and legends of tomorrow are the ones I'd recommend.

Lucifer:
About the "devil" who makes friends with a detective and helps them solve cases.

Bodyguard:
Only a 6 episode series, though it's about a bodyguard who's assigned to protect someone

Killing Eve:
Only 8 episode series, though it's about a bounty someone is attempting to catch

Luther:
(My personal faviroute). It's about a detective, can be really intense at times.

As for the movie side of things, there's a lot of good movies. Some I'd suggest of the top of my head that may not be known by everyone:
Saving Private Ryan - Set in Ww2 (tom hanks)
Air Force One - Terrorists take over the presidential plane (Harrison Ford)
Unbreakable - Hard to say without spoiling the plot xD  (Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson)
Kingsman 1 & 2 - Secret Service of "agents"
King Arthur - (the new one) Pretty obvious plot

Probably way more just can't think of them atm

@xJimJam
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Towelie

American Horror Story for sure!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Th3RedGamer

You may want to check out Lucifer: It's about the devil who goes on vacation and ends up as a civilian consultant for the LAPD. It has a great plot in my opinion and is on Netflix (with new season coming in april). If you want a whimsical, romantic, supernatural crime drama then that's your go to.

Graceq

Bridge to Terabithia: a Disney movie that isn't animated, and is probably one of the best considering its for kids (Netflix)

Children of the Corn: a Steven King novel that is turn into a movie, its not scary but it a little spooky (Netflix)

Bridesmaids: a comedy about a sister who is jealous that her unattractive sister is getting married before her (Netflix)

AtomicPulse

Quote from: Graceq on Feb 26, 2019, 09:24 PMBridge to Terabithia: a Disney movie that isn't animated, and is probably one of the best considering its for kids (Netflix)

god no. that was horrible as a 5 year old xd

AtomicPulse

Quote from: Th3RedGamer on Feb 26, 2019, 08:03 PMYou may want to check out Lucifer: It's about the devil who goes on vacation and ends up as a civilian consultant for the LAPD. It has a great plot in my opinion and is on Netflix (with new season coming in april). If you want a whimsical, romantic, supernatural crime drama then that's your go to.

There's a new season coming?
I hated the last episode...

xJade

Quote from: AtomicPulse on Feb 26, 2019, 09:40 PM
Quote from: Graceq on Feb 26, 2019, 09:24 PMBridge to Terabithia: a Disney movie that isn't animated, and is probably one of the best considering its for kids (Netflix)

god no. that was horrible as a 5 year old xd
SCUSE i cried as a child

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Cireshie

Mar 01, 2019, 05:17 AM #15 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2019, 05:38 AM by Cireshie
I just watched Paddleton on Netflix and I really liked it, although I tend to like every movie that I've at least watched 10 minutes of.

It's sad; I cried a little but it was worth.