Mar 28, 2024, 10:08 AM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

Let's discuss PE

Started by Towelie, Mar 19, 2019, 05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

So, I've been talking with @xQuicScopex✪ and we are unsure what to do with PE.
On one hand, it's almost completely abandoned, on the other hand we would like to hear what you think.

In our opinion, we could do one of three things:
- Completely remove it from SFT
- Turn it into a private whitelisted server (almost no benefit though)
- Keep it as it is

Its main problem is the lack of players. Yes, it wasn't updated so fast in the past due to inactive owners, but now that is no longer a problem. Only the lack of players is one.
Please tell us what you think we should do with the PE server and why!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Passava1

PE has had a good run, however it's time to move on. I don't think people are as interested in playing PE, mostly because people are just growing out of it. People are getting jobs, getting new interests, and dealing with school. The player base isn't constant enough to support the staff system either, for the same reasons as before. It's upsetting to see but people are growing up and moving on. It's time for SFT to do the same.
nobody can catfish me better than myself

Tyler7733

I think it still has a solid chance, we still have the incoming player flow, we just need a few people with consistant uptime and/or more people to help new people from Discord.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Das_Unterstrich

Maybe limit the playercount to 10 or 20 people if this is possible to save some money, also remove some plugins that are unnecessary. I think the biggest problem is the lack of content of the server. "Yeahhh, we have survival, aaaaand this was everything...".

Cliss

I agree with Ava and I personally think that getting the staff team back on track wouldn't really change anything since the PE community just doesn't have the consistency it had before and people are now moving forward with their lives.
*   .   +  ✵     .✵ ˚. *     •✹   👽    ˚ 🚀✹  ✦    . *   ✦  .    ✵    .      ✦ ✺ .    👽 *   +  ✦

Charliiruu☾

Sadly, I second the choice of leaving it. I loved pocket, I enjoyed it for so many years. But as the years go by, I found myself having little to no interest in going online. Everyone is honestly growing out of it. As Ava said people could be having jobs, friends to hang out with, school work, and hobbies. It's hard to admit but, I'm however the same. I have sports, friends, tests, preparing for high school, schoolwork, and auditions. I think it's time to say goodbye.

George

I believe we should focus on the famous servers first (survival,1710 etc.) before the ones that haven't got over 10 people online at the same time in months.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!