Mar 28, 2024, 12:38 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Forums - Feedback & Ideas

Started by AtomicPulse, Mar 19, 2019, 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicPulse

Since the activity of forums is very low, even a majority of staff are failing to check them, myself & Towelie have come to the conclusion to ask you all what would make you check the forums more often

These could be ideas of any kind, at the moment we just need anything and it will be considered (please nothing plain stupid), eg;
- In-game perks of some kind?
- Forum perks of some kind?
- More interesting topics?
- Rewards of different kinds?
- The forums to become more of the community?

All ideas are appreciated so please leave them below :)

Thanks, AtomicPulse
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

saxophonequeen7

hi personally i'm just really bad with um... technology, i guess, so i'm not super good with navigating the site, plus i feel awkward responding to certain things, which is why i'm not very active.

riley

The fourms could be more easy to use. Too many options to choose from. Simplify it for each server. I used to not like fourms until i was staff, there wasn't much use for what I was doing as a player too.

A_Groggett

I agree with Riley on making the forums easier to use.

I barely use the forum except to let the server know if something happened and I won't be on, but even that is complicated.
A_Groggett

Elementaldad

I agree with the others here make the forums a bit easier to navigate thats one thing in game rewards would be something that will defo pull people in maybe competitions that involve something here that will spread in to the game if that makes sense

Towelie

Can I get some info on how you would make the forums more easily navigable?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

N1ux_

If it's the issue of activity on forums personally I used to like when forums involved the community and had interesting topics to engage people in. Heck, I might even be more active if it was suggested above.

Miricx

-Advertise the forums more ingame, make it more interesting, give players ingame a reason to visit it.
-Remove inactive boards, some boards havent had posts for over 1 year, for example make the survival discussion one board and the smaller servers sub-boards. That way the forums is easier to navigate.
-Make forum events rewarding minecraft players ingame or give them some kind of points on forums that gives them some kind of advantage or something.

But the real reason forums is inactive is not because the forums is inactive, its because all the servers are inactive aswell and that's right now the biggest issue with the community in my opinion. So that's to me the main focus right now. We get players and the forums will be active automatically, just like it did 4-5 years ago.

We need to stop beating around the bush and we all need to figure out something together that will get SFT, not forums, SFT back on it's feet again.

ThorandCoal

imo forums are pretty simple to navigate, could maybe use a little cleaning up. the only thing i'd suggest is maybe making the "fun" pages like off-topic/general discussion more prominent (so you don't have to scroll as far to see it). miri's right, but we used to do more fun things on the forums as well. post your face, post your pets, guilds, sign-up for big events, "forum games" etc. kind of feels like it's all business now.

> i realize some of those pages are still technically active but not many people post anymore. again, refer to miri.

side note maybe switch the "skype name" to "discord name" in user profiles since skype is dead
whaaaat

George

I suggest adding achievments.
My ideas:
- Check 5 different announcements. (Make it more days and add tiers to it)
- Join the forum 5 different days. (Make it more days and add tiers to it)
- Add someone as a friend. (Make it go every 2 friends you add you get more tiers)
- etc.

Thanks! :)
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

omelott

I personally don't have an issue with navigating the forums. What I do have an issue with is finding topics that are interesting. When I first joined the forums, there were plenty of engaging posts that were worth replying to, but now, such posts are rare.