Nov 13, 2019, 11:34 am

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

I need answers ...for these questions

Started by Towelie, Apr 07, 2019, 03:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Please answer this questions and help me improve Survival!

1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
2. What would you change if you were me? (tangible things only please)
3. What is one thing that you feel is not being done often enough?
4. What is one thing that you feel is being done too often
5. What would you add to Survival? (whether it's a plugin, or a new world, please go ahead and say it)

Thank you!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

NotChocobo654321

1. The fact that there is little rain rendering one of the pyrofishing augments useless. (Call of the Storm)
2. Making an area to show how you can create the pyrofishing augments
3. N/A
4. N/A
5. A world where it has rain and is optional for people to go into. (Or that awesome pyromon plugin ;3)

Rose2247

Not being able to know what each plugin(To be used by players) can do and the fact that I don't even know all the plugins players are allowed to use. It's a big guessing game.
       Adding an area that lists player access plugins, how to use them, what arguments you need to pass each command, and a list of basic commands
       Inclusion of the other servers, SFT has more than survival(Although I know it is the bigger server in the group, a little bit of mention to the other servers would be nice)
       Piggybacking from answer 3, you advertise survival waaaaaay too much, almost everywhere I go to either vote, or am on the main website, I see nothing but ads for survival. Seems a bit excessive but that's just me.
5. What would you add to Survival? (whether it's a plugin, or a new world, please go ahead and say it)
       A resource world, just a basic world with no protection, and the ability to get all types of items ie: stone, dirt, sand, gravel, etc. I always feel bad going somewhere in the wild to gather my resources because I feel as if I am taking away places people can build houses at just because I needed dirt, or wood, or any item.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Mazeworker

Chat... especially new joiners who post hate/toxic/rude just to get kicked/banned... staff need to just ban people like that much quicker instead of "giving them more time to be rude"
 Allowing the /back command... yes it defeats the purpose of Survival, but people will be more inclined to stay/play if they don't lose their "good items" and not rage quit.
 Drop Parties... I remember when I first joined, DPs happened almost every month or two.
 The same events get hosted each weekend (Spleef/TowerSpleef/Wipeout) I see we have other events and I think I've played in Board Game three times since I joined in 2016... and the Build Challenge area still has the builds from early 2018!
 Lootable chests in spawn where players can loot once a day/week/month with random items/blocks in them...

twoseksii

I miss world 2! Would be cool to have a second survival world again!
Kate :creeper:
Super Fun Time - Survival Veteran
Discord: @twoseksii#2434

Towelie

Quote from: kate2808 on Apr 07, 2019, 04:54 pmI miss world 2! Would be cool to have a second survival world again!
It's already planned for 1.14

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Miricx

Apr 07, 2019, 08:12 pm #6 Last Edit: Apr 07, 2019, 08:15 pm by Miricx
Quote from: Mazeworker on Apr 07, 2019, 04:44 pm1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
 Chat... especially new joiners who post hate/toxic/rude just to get kicked/banned... staff need to just ban people like that much quicker instead of "giving them more time to be rude"
i second this so badly
you can tell sft is extremely desperate for players when people are literally shitting on the server for 20 minutes straight and staff doesnt give a shit. "Please be nice :-)", fuck off
sometimes nice isnt always an option. Find your balls and return them to your sack, because the staff ends up just looking like a joke infront of new players, and i dont mean that in an insulting way. Im just saying how it is.

sft is canadian, alright.

omelott

The lack of players.
I would reset the nether/end more often (although you seem to have gotten on top of that in the past couple of
months, so thank you!).

Some popular weekend events (storage wars, build contest, fridge of death, spotit) have not been hosted in years and have been pushed aside in favor of easier to host weekend events like towerspleef.
N/A
A party area needs to be added to spawn. Every spawn before the one we have now has had one. They were great for drop parties during the SFT anniversaries.

Towelie

Some popular weekend events (storage wars, build contest, fridge of death, spotit) have not been hosted in years and have been pushed aside in favor of easier to host weekend events like towerspleef.

Survival Managers - take note

Towelie

A party area needs to be added to spawn. Every spawn before the one we have now has had one. They were great for drop parties during the SFT anniversaries.

@xJimJam - What can you do about this ? :D

Towelie

Quote from: Miricx on Apr 07, 2019, 08:12 pm
Quote from: Mazeworker on Apr 07, 2019, 04:44 pm1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
i second this so badly
you can tell sft is extremely desperate for players when people are literally shitting on the server for 20 minutes straight and staff doesnt give a shit. "Please be nice :-)", fuck off
sometimes nice isnt always an option. Find your balls and return them to your sack, because the staff ends up just looking like a joke infront of new players, and i dont mean that in an insulting way. Im just saying how it is.

sft is canadian, alright.
since two people pointed this out, I'm gonna assume it's a problem.

Staff - please be less lenient to people who obviously are "shitting on our server" (eg people that are here for the sole purpose of trolling or demeaning our server).
It's good to be lenient in general, but not with these kind of people.

@SashaLarie  - Please make sure this message gets across to the staff team

Towelie

Quote from: omelott on Apr 07, 2019, 08:20 pm1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
The lack of players.

Well yeah :S
But what can you do about that..

ICritical_

1.) I just find that there isn't much to do when I join the game, I personally left because this ain't a game as a adult I can enjoy, my home got bcved but that i don't care about I didn't really use it. It was more of hanging out with my SFT friends and whatever.

3.) I'm not active let me state that first, but events, I like those, uh...staff I guess being more engaged with players it seems like they just go help the guest or member then leave at least that's what I see whenever I join I just wanna talk to staff and chill out with them. Otherwise it feels awkward when they just leave right away

tman6698

I just feel minecraft's pace is slowing down and it's not what it once was. You're doing nothing wrong, and for the years and years i've been here (2012 squad), you've worked at making SFT the best it can be. :)

It's definitely the lack of players that's the big problem

I used to only think about coming home to play SFT, and i would be sat at the PC for hours. I felt super proud to be staff. Most of us are now adults which i think is the reason for quite a lot of player loss and we need to develop a way to pull the newer generation into the game.

jasper_Fritz

TRITIUMNITR0X

Quote from: Rose2247 on Apr 07, 2019, 04:23 pm1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
       Not being able to know what each plugin(To be used by players) can do and the fact that I don't even know all the plugins players are allowed to use. It's a big guessing game.
       Adding an area that lists player access plugins, how to use them, what arguments you need to pass each command, and a list of basic commands

For these issues, @Towelie would probably need to add a tutorial for each available plugin, much like our old staff tests. That, or a plugin that displays detailed information about each plugin. Although these options are feasible, given enough time to procure, the volatility of adding/removing plugins makes such options unsuitable.

Quote from: omelott on Apr 07, 2019, 08:20 pm1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
The lack of players.
This is a big oof. I agree with this, but there's not much to help increase numbers besides advertising on free sites such as Discord or Reddit.
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

xJimJam

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 08, 2019, 06:57 am5. What would you add to Survival? (whether it's a plugin, or a new world, please go ahead and say it)

@xJimJam - What can you do about this ? :D
I can make this :D

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

Have you heard the news? I'm into dudes! ;)

MrChanango

Lack of SFTMMO/replacement for mcmmo. I loved that plugin and I know everything went downhill with it but it was such a good plugin with the tool additions.
     In the new world I wouldn't protect anything and let people do whatever they want to villages. I'd also open up the end because it's a third or the games dimensions that we can't go to. Also, we can't kill the dragon which is a very rewarding thing.
     I'd also love to get rid of plugins that some people don't like, I know there's some I'd like to get rid of such as MCMMO and I'd love an overall overhaul if plugins/features.
     Events.
4. What is one thing that you feel is being done too often?
     When there are events, the same events happen Everytime. Like @Mazeworker said the weekend events are repetitive.
     I'd probably add a new world. I know that's planned so I'd also love to see the new world with maybe a biome generation plugin?
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18

TeraStorm

Quote from: MrChanango on Jun 08, 2019, 03:45 am1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?
     Lack of SFTMMO/replacement for mcmmo. I loved that plugin and I know everything went downhill with it but it was such a good plugin with the tool additions.
     In the new world I wouldn't protect anything and let people do whatever they want to villages. I'd also open up the end because it's a third or the games dimensions that we can't go to. Also, we can't kill the dragon which is a very rewarding thing.
     I'd also love to get rid of plugins that some people don't like, I know there's some I'd like to get rid of such as MCMMO and I'd love an overall overhaul if plugins/features.
Just to clear these 2 up:

1. As far as I know it's not possible for us to get SFTMMO back. MCMMO is a good substitute and it's a fairly popular plugin so removing it doesn't make much sense.
2. In the current world most villages are already unprotected. World one is already becoming fairly crowded therefore world 2 needs protections so that people can build their projects without someone new building right next to them. As for the end, it is already available by doing /theend - and you can kill the Ender Dragon, it's reset on about a monthly basis, with a new dragon each time.

BluetigerESW

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 08, 2019, 08:10 am
Quote from: MrChanango on Jun 08, 2019, 03:45 am1. What is the thing that bothers you the most on Survival?

1. As far as I know it's not possible for us to get SFTMMO back. MCMMO is a good substitute and it's a fairly popular plugin so removing it doesn't make much sense.
2. In the current world most villages are already unprotected. World one is already becoming fairly crowded therefore world 2 needs protections so that people can build their projects without someone new building right next to them. As for the end, it is already available by doing /theend - and you can kill the Ender Dragon, it's reset on about a monthly basis, with a new dragon each time.
MCMMO is a good replacement but you don't get to use much of the abilities all that much because the leveling is so slow.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

MrChanango

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 08, 2019, 08:10 am

oh wow. Sounds good ;D
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!
Founder at ModMart!
Survival Mod 12/30/16 - Survival JMod 11/5/16
Survival Admin 12/23/17 - Survival Manager 7/17/17 -
Survival Elder 3/21/18