Mar 28, 2024, 12:46 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] We tried...

Started by Towelie, Jun 02, 2019, 04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 02, 2019, 04:49 PM Last Edit: Jun 02, 2019, 04:54 PM by Towelie
Today, I've tried to update Survival to 1.14.2.
Well, the results of that were mildly encouraging, because it turns out our world works just fine, even in 1.14.2. Meaning when Mojang/Microshit actually release a playable version, we can upgrade to it (1.14.3, 1.14.100000, who knows).

But I quickly had to downgrade because:
- The performance was like well.. trying to run Crysis on a toaster
- Minecraft is a piece of shit game made by lousy people who don't care about servers and performance (it wasn't always like that, but it seems to be the case now)
- A ton of plugins were broken and we would've lost oh about 30% of our plugins, including critical ones.

TL;DR -> We updated to 1.14.2 then quickly downgraded to 1.13.2, now we are waiting for Minecraft to stop being a shitty game and actually work for a change.

EDIT: Turns out this was yet another flopped update from Mojang and NOT the update that was supposed to fix all the clusterfuck

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chinwonder2

Ah shit, at least we're halfway there I guess!

Thanks for your persistence!

-Chin
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

twoseksii

Kate :creeper:
Super Fun Time - Survival Veteran
Discord: @twoseksii#2434

ceddy24

It was worth a shot. Maybe, we can try in the future and sure it would be fun to play on 1.14. Perhaps it is for the best that we stay on 1.13.2 until an update comes out that does not destroy everything.

saxophonequeen7

thanks for always working hard (: we appreciate it!!

stevebean

Thanks for all the work you're doing :heart:

Towelie

Update: Seems that the Villager AI and Chunk Lighting are the cause. Here's to hoping 1.14.3 is better.. Who am I kidding xd

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chinwonder2

Ever since Microsoft bought Minecraft, shit like this has happened numerous times. I don't know if that's just a coincidence or...

-Chin
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

CJB3RRY

Srsly, i feel bad for survival, 1710 doesnt have to go through this...
I wish i could help

shotzy9

It just isnt meant to be.

Words once spoken by a wise Mod

xJade

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 02, 2019, 04:56 PMUpdate: Seems that the Villager AI and Chunk Lighting are the cause. Here's to hoping 1.14.3 is better.. Who am I kidding xd
Sometime in the future...
Towelie: it seems there are problems with water flowing, hope 1.15 has a fix.

dammit Minecraft, what happened to your glory xd

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart: