Mar 28, 2024, 06:06 PM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

How to Make Money

Started by omelott, Jun 03, 2019, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omelott

I currently occupy the #2 spot on /money top, and was recently dethroned from the #1 spot by @sky_comet. Naturally, I get a lot of questions about how I make my money. So I thought I'd share my favorite techniques with you all. All of these techniques follow server rules and are 100% legal. Just be aware that they are time consuming and not for the easily bored.

Mining

:diamond: You'll need :diamond:

-1 Silk Touch Pickaxe
-1 Fortune 3 Pickaxe
-1 Shovel
-Glowstone Helmet (so you can see in the dark)
-Food
-1 Water Bucket
-Shulker Boxes

:diamond: Suggestions :diamond:

-Mine at Y level 11 or 12. You can check what Y level you're mining at by clicking the F3 button. If you mine at a level lower than 11, you risk an encounter with lava.
-Mine on the border of chunks (which you can check by typing F3+G). This is because only 1 vein of diamond ore spawns per chunk. Mining on the border of 2 chunks will maximize your odds of finding a vein of diamonds.
-Use the MCMMO super breaker ability when it's available to you. It refreshes every 10 minutes and makes your mining trip less timely.
-Turn on subtitles. You can do this by going to options, music & sounds, then turn subtitles to 'on.' Subtitles will allow you to know if there's lava or a cave nearby.
-Explore every cave you come across. Caves can expose a lot of ores and there are still many left undiscovered.
-Mine every ore you across (even coal).
-Mine the ores you come across with your silk touch pickaxe first. This is because if your MCMMO mining level is high enough, there's a chance there's a chance more than 1 ore will drop from mining 1 ore. Then replace your ore and mine with your fortune pickaxe.
-Smelt your iron/gold ore in groups of 32. This is because if your MCMMO repair level is high enough, there's a chance more than 1 ingot will be smelted from a 1 ore.
-Craft your gems into blocks for a more efficient use of space in your inventory.
-Always sell your gems to the EMP. Autoshop sell prices are crap and almost always lower than the EMP's. Even if you can sell your gems to an autoshop for the same price as the EMP, don't bother because there's a 10% tax on autoshop transactions (meaning when you sell a diamond to Mallusa for 1600 emp, you're actually only getting 1440 emp).

Nether Mining

:fire: You'll need :fire:

-1 Fortune Pickaxe (with mending to make it indestructable)
-Good Armor (with fire resistance and mending)
-Slime Boots
-Elytra (with mending)
-Rockets
-Food (Lots, because you'll run out quickly)
-Shulker Boxes

:fire: Suggestions :fire:

-Use your elytra and rockets to navigate the nether. It's easier than building bridges and pillars with throwaway blocks. Just be careful not to crash into cliffs.
-Mine all the quartz ore you come across.
-Mine the quartz ore you come across with a silk touch pickaxe first. This is because if your MCMMO mining level is high enough, there's a chance there's a chance more than 1 ore will drop from 1. Then replace your quartz ore and mine it with your fortune pickaxe.
-Craft your quartz into blocks for a more efficient use of space in your inventory.
-Always sell your quartz blocks to the autoshops, not the EMP. Mallusa is the best autoshop to sell your quartz blocks to, but the chests there fill up really fast.
-Use the XP you gained to enchant books/tools/armor, which you can sell on /ml. One of the amazing things about quartz mining is that you gain a lot of XP, which will automatically repair any mending tools/armor you have.
-I've been told by some people that glow stone is another nether material worth mining. I usually don't bother with it because it's harder and more dangerous to reach than quartz. Not to mention, it takes more time to mine.

Gold Mining

:gold: You'll need :gold:

-1 Pickaxe (Enchantments don't matter)
-1 Shovel
-Food
-Water Bucket
-Shulker Boxes

:gold: Suggestions :gold:

-Find a mesa biome. Gold can be found at any Y level in a mesa biome, as long as it's surrounded by stone.
-Dig straight down (anywhere). I know it's risky, but if you can type /w1 fast enough, you'll be just fine.
-Turn on subtitles. Having subtitles on will allow you to detect lava before you mine into it and therefore limit your encounters with it.
-Smelt your gold ore in groups of 32. This is because if your MCMMO repair level is high enough, there's a chance more than 1 ingot will be smelted from 1 ore.
-Always sell your gold ingots to the EMP.

Fishing

:fish: You'll need :fish:

-A good fishing rod (having mending on it will make it indestructable)
-A sword
-Food
-A dock/boat
-Shulker Boxes

:fish: Suggestions :fish:

-Fish in an open/deep ocean biome only
-If you're short on time, sell your fish through /fish shop.
-If you're in it for the long run, gut your fish for entropy and use the entropy to obtain augments for your fishing rod (which in turn will allow you to catch more fish).
-Sell the items you fish up (saddles/nametags mostly) to the EMP
-Use the XP you gain to enchant books/tools/armor, which you can sell on /ah
-The fishing deliveries (/fish deliveries) are worth the prize money (but you'll have to move biomes)
-The fishing contests are worth the prize money (not to mention, they're a lot of fun if others are participating).

I have a few more techniques, but since I'm pretty lazy, ima stop here and add a few more later.

BluetigerESW

I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

_iPhoenix

Very useful, will recommend this to guests starting out, thanks ome :D

omelott

Quote from: _iPhoenix on Jun 04, 2019, 03:24 AMVery useful, will recommend this to guests starting out, thanks ome :D

Guests weren't really on my mind when I was making this guide. It's more for players who already have good tools/high mcmmo skill levels and want to make absurd amounts of money in relatively short time periods (like 1 mil in 2-3 hours).

sommergirl41

Ome coming in clutch, thanks for the tips!

Towelie

Can you make a guide for how to make money IRL too? xd

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Autpek

Nice guide!  Passing along trade secrets!

xJade

Moved from general survival discussions to Survival guides

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart: