Mar 28, 2024, 08:23 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

ME Storage Cells and NBT Data

Started by ceddy24, Jul 27, 2019, 03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceddy24

Jul 27, 2019, 03:50 PM Last Edit: Jul 27, 2019, 03:54 PM by ceddy24
I would like to explain one common way to corrupt your playerdata, as it has happened quite a few times in the last few days.
Every item holds NBT data, I think that much is clear. It's the data that gives an item certain properties e.g. what is stored inside it. However, it is possible to overload this and thus corrupt your inventory. Specifically, if you store your ME Storage Cells into a golden bag, use a dolly on a chest that contains them, pick up strong boxes with them etc. The NBT data of both the inventory item and the storage cell stack, overload and effectively destroy your inventory.
In order to fix this I would have to reset your playerdata, which is no major issue, however your storage cells will guarenteed be wiped in the process.

From this point forward, I would like to emphasize that we will not be refunding players on items they have lost due to the NBT overload.
To bring your items back, we would have to either rollback the entire server or fire up a backup on a seperate world. While it sounds relatively easy to manage, a rollback would be unfair towards the rest of the playerbase and firing up the backup in a seperate world causes major lag on the server's end and a huge risk of crashing the server.

Schokofrosch1401

General_RJH

RJH

mikkyd656

Read & Understood, thank you Ceddy

TheRabster1428/Crnge

R&U, thanks for making this post. Almost happened to me.
Pocket Ex-Moderator
Survival Member
1.7.10 Technologist/Memelord
B-Team Astronomer/Memelord

litgamer

[/center]