Mar 28, 2024, 01:08 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Know any places where we could advertise?

Started by Towelie, Aug 23, 2019, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'm looking for some places where we can advertise for $50-$100.
These places could either be web ads, or for example an advertisement on a huge discord server.

Things I am not interested in:
- Adsense (I just don't know how to make it work for us, last time I tried it cost us like $2 per click so that's just not worth it and in my opinion the worst unless you have a SEO team and a budget upwards of $5000
- Facebook Ads (Due to technical reasons eg: I owe facebook 300 euro from when I last advertised SFT and their shitty ads didn't stop because of a bug)
- Places that are not for advertising (eg: I am not interested in submitting the site to a vote site or something similar).

Would greatly appreciate it if you have some tips

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

George

I know there is a way to advertise on Instagram but I am not sure about pricing but I know you have to make your account a business account which doesn't require any process like verification. Now I have made my account a business one to check some stuff it unlocks but I think the adverts are a little bit pricy.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

_0i

Well, one of my ideas was to have some big builds, or minigames players have made, post on r/minecraft Call it like "Some friends built this together, Enjoy!", Good luck though.

ironman3000

I recommend if anyone knows a YouTuber or twitch streamer that's somewhat popular to come and join/make videos. Another would be try to advertise off of Reddit.

twoseksii

What about contacting some of the bigger minecraft youtubers? I know a lot of them have their own servers but might be willing to showcase SFT for some compensation
Kate :creeper:
Super Fun Time - Survival Veteran
Discord: @twoseksii#2434

Towelie

Quote from: twoseksii on Aug 23, 2019, 02:41 PMWhat about contacting some of the bigger minecraft youtubers? I know a lot of them have their own servers but might be willing to showcase SFT for some compensation
That can go anywhere from $500 to $1000 or even higher and we don't have that kind of money :S

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

George

I am willing to advertise on yt or twitch. I am not famous by any means but if my video does well lets say it can go viraland bring alot of attention.

diamondcc888

I have a twitch account with over 1000 views and I know the nooks and crannies of Instagram business advertising as I've looked over it intensely for my own sake.

Towelie

Quote from: George_Filos on Aug 24, 2019, 11:40 AMI am willing to advertise on yt or twitch. I am not famous by any means but if my video does well lets say it can go viraland bring alot of attention.
Sure, why not

Towelie

Quote from: diamondcc888 on Aug 26, 2019, 09:46 AMI have a twitch account with over 1000 views and I know the nooks and crannies of Instagram business advertising as I've looked over it intensely for my own sake.
Hmm, do you really think it would help us in our case?

diamondcc888

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 26, 2019, 04:04 PM
Quote from: diamondcc888 on Aug 26, 2019, 09:46 AMI have a twitch account with over 1000 views and I know the nooks and crannies of Instagram business advertising as I've looked over it intensely for my own sake.

Streaming would maybe bring in more players, and maybe advertising off of Instagram as the first sponsered advertisement is free along with the multiple other ways to advertise without paying.

George

Quote from: diamondcc888 on Aug 27, 2019, 05:00 AM

Streaming would maybe bring in more players, and maybe advertising off of Instagram as the first sponsered advertisement is free along with the multiple other ways to advertise without paying.
Uh tbh i have streamed like 5 times and i got 250 views and i get an average of 2 viewers so it isn't realy going to help.

Towelie

Guys, I meant places where I can advertise more literally.

Eg: website - Description of website - $20+ and up for an ad

Happysheep102

Aug 27, 2019, 04:19 PM #13 Last Edit: Aug 27, 2019, 04:24 PM by Happysheep102
Okay I know you said no to Facebook, but bear with me on this one. A free way of advertising (Which I think is more preferable from what you have described) is to do giveaways on the server? Say for example, get existing members of the community to share the server on their own private facebook accounts with their friends, comment, like and share posts, and if they do, one lucky person will recieve an ingame reward (Such as a mystery chest/vote tokens etc). There is no better way to advertise than seeing a post made by your friend. People trust friends, not adverts.

Try to find a way to get the existing community to share SFT through their own friends, either through word of mouth, or Facebook. Myself, and many others came to SFT through word of mouth of friends, not adverts. All people need is a bit of encouragement to do so, such as giveaways, or anything that you deem appropriate. Using Facebook to do so is an easy way to see what is going on, as you'll be able to see who is actually sharing the page.

SashaLarie

Pretty sure you are banned so I'm not sure streaming will work out.

diamondcc888

Quote from: George_Filos on Aug 27, 2019, 02:31 PM

Uh tbh i have streamed like 5 times and i got 250 views and i get an average of 2 viewers so it isn't realy going to help.
I got 1.2k views ;p

diamondcc888

Aug 29, 2019, 07:46 AM #16 Last Edit: Aug 29, 2019, 07:54 AM by diamondcc888
You can easily advertise on instagram, make your account a business profile, then Instagram will offer to give your first advertisement free (the posts of ads you usually see between posts in your feed). You can then continue to pay for a sponsored ad by Instagram OR you can also find Minecraft related instagram accounts and offer money for them to post the ip on their feed or story, usually, it'll be an easy and quick yes for like a $20 story post from an account that has 50k+ followers. The only way Minecraft and meme pages survive on Instagram is paid advertisements, so it won't be hard to get a taker.

If I do ever get unbanned, I got 1.2k views and about 5-7 average viewers per MINECRAFT stream so that'll bring in a few people.
You can also apply happysheep's way of free advertising onto any other social media platform.
I personally found SFT through an app that I downloaded telling me of random SMP servers.

OH or you can post SFT's greatest builds on Planet Minecraft, which attracts a SHIT TON of attention and leave the ip in the post description. (I currently have about 1k views on there)
@Towelie

Towelie

Quote from: diamondcc888 on Aug 29, 2019, 07:46 AMYou can easily advertise on instagram, make your account a business profile, then Instagram will offer to give your first advertisement free (the posts of ads you usually see between posts in your feed). You can then continue to pay for a sponsored ad by Instagram OR you can also find Minecraft related instagram accounts and offer money for them to post the ip on their feed or story, usually, it'll be an easy and quick yes for like a $20 story post from an account that has 50k+ followers. The only way Minecraft and meme pages survive on Instagram is paid advertisements, so it won't be hard to get a taker.

If I do ever get unbanned, I got 1.2k views and about 5-7 average viewers per MINECRAFT stream so that'll bring in a few people.
You can also apply happysheep's way of free advertising onto any other social media platform.
I personally found SFT through an app that I downloaded telling me of random SMP servers.

OH or you can post SFT's greatest builds on Planet Minecraft, which attracts a SHIT TON of attention and leave the ip in the post description. (I currently have about 1k views on there)
@Towelie
No offense but I'm not unbanning anyone for youtube views unless it's like PiewDiePie and he gets banned xd

William Korkshire

Sep 26, 2022, 07:25 PM #18 Last Edit: Sep 27, 2022, 08:32 PM by William Korkshire
Reputable forums, Quora, and Reddit are some options where you can advertise websites and blogs free of charge. Quality link building services created on the mentioned platforms will boost traffic, visibility, and rank in search engines. Before placing your website on a specific forum, check its domain rating(DR) and spam score(SS). A high DR and a low SS are mandatory for greater impact. Quora and Reddit are both powerful and work in the same ways.
All in all, depending on what you want to achieve, you choose the advertising places.