Mar 28, 2024, 06:25 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

What would keep you coming back?

Started by GlitterBomb84, Sep 17, 2019, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Survival were to implement daily rewards, would you keep coming back for more?

Yes
17 (81%)
No
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Sep 22, 2019, 05:21 PM

GlitterBomb84

Hello Survival players!

We were wanting to know if we were to start a daily rewards would you be interested?

For example...you log in one day and get 10k emp just for playing that day, would you come back the next day to claim the next days rewards?

lewisayyyy

Does this mean the more you play in that week the better the rewards are?

and this is an awesome idea!

George

I dont like the idea of people getting free stuff just for playing. That would be like telling them to log on for 30 seconds and take their reward and leave.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Waffle_man22

Quote from: George_Filos on Sep 17, 2019, 06:45 PMI dont like the idea of people getting free stuff just for playing. That would be like telling them to log on for 30 seconds and take their reward and leave.

This exactly, I like the concept of there being something to get players to log on, but  I feel this would just lead to people logging on and leaving like what George mentioned.  Assuming something was done like 10k emp a day to me it kind of feels like it undermines the voting system which gives you rewards every day for very little effort, in addition to helping the server.

I think it could be interesting if whoever has the most uptime for that week or that month to get some kind of reward or surprise or a rank like TopVoter. Though this might not be as effective as getting players on like a daily reward system, I think it would lead to more overall uptime in the long run and avoid players logging on and off, as well as adding a competitiveness between players to see who can get the highest uptime.

N1ux_

I don't want rewards, I just want to have fun with playing the game and friends.

omelott

3.65 mil/year just for logging on sounds pretty OP imo

xJade

Not per day... maybe per month or every week. Also something that may keep me on is the return of lucky block heads

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Mazeworker

Have chests at spawn for people to open.
Daily: Items like 10 dirt/10 cobble/10 leather/10 logs/random junk blocks.
Weekly: Iron tools/ Iron Armor/10 Silly Pads/10 Red Stone/random better blocks.
Monthly: Diamond tools/ Diamond Armor/Steve Co. Crates/Steve Co. Keys/Vote Tokens/Better Blocks.
these crates placed at Spawn can be looted once a day/week/month. Would be something I'd like to see.

Tombo_

It would motivate me to log on more often but doubt it would be enough to make me log on every day.

Realistically if someone logs on every day they're gonna be playing more than just 30 seconds anyways.
Vary what you get each day but make it valuable enough that it still motivates people to log on. This is actually a decent idea worth putting some time into...

Green_Giant

How about daily challenges instead of just free rewards? The daily challenge could be something randomly picked from a list of possible challenges. Could include catching 50 fish, crafting a cake, maybe mining 20 diamond ore. If you complete the challenge, you get a bonus 10k or some other reward. That kind of thing. A plugin might already exist for this concept?

PurpleShlong

Quote from: Green_Giant on Sep 19, 2019, 06:55 PMHow about daily challenges instead of just free rewards? The daily challenge could be something randomly picked from a list of possible challenges. Could include catching 50 fish, crafting a cake, maybe mining 20 diamond ore. If you complete the challenge, you get a bonus 10k or some other reward. That kind of thing. A plugin might already exist for this concept?

That'd be cool. Kind of like how halo had their daily/weekly challenges for a chunk of xp.

Nubbun

We have it on pixelmon where you get free rarecandy, after day 5 the reward doesnt get bigger but just streak can still be made bigger just for fun. Don't have to give anything that becomes crazy after a few weeks.
Works really well on pix to the point theres fear for missing a day xD

\(◎o◎)/

GlitterBomb84

Quote from: lewisayyyy on Sep 17, 2019, 05:24 PMDoes this mean the more you play in that week the better the rewards are?

I would assume it would be. What comes to mind with this is similar to the games people play on their phones that give coins, free spins, power-ups for example. Each day is something more helpful than the previous.

Quote from: George_Filos on Sep 17, 2019, 06:45 PMI dont like the idea of people getting free stuff just for playing. That would be like telling them to log on for 30 seconds and take their reward and leave.

Maybe we can see if it can be set to a player has to be playing for a certain amount of time per day before the rewards are applied. Not sure if that's possible or not but might be worth looking into.

Quote from: Green_Giant on Sep 19, 2019, 06:55 PMHow about daily challenges instead of just free rewards? The daily challenge could be something randomly picked from a list of possible challenges. Could include catching 50 fish, crafting a cake, maybe mining 20 diamond ore. If you complete the challenge, you get a bonus 10k or some other reward. That kind of thing. A plugin might already exist for this concept?

I'm not sure if there is a plugin for this or not, although I'm sure there is. If so the only thing we would need is for someone to write out the challenges/give an idea as to what the rewards would be to match the difficulty.

Smallfry5545

Quote from: GlitterBomb84 on Sep 20, 2019, 03:40 AM

I'm not sure if there is a plugin for this or not, although I'm sure there is. If so the only thing we would need is for someone to write out the challenges/give an idea as to what the rewards would be to match the difficulty.
Finding the challenges would be easy:
Boat over 3k blocks
Run over 1k blocks
Catch 50 fish
Fight 25 zombies
Etc etc

Rewards on the other hand, little bit more difficult to think of.. perhaps:
Steve co crates
Emp
Diamond block (for tough challenges?)
Elytra