Mar 28, 2024, 07:38 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Scavenge World

Started by Towelie, Jan 05, 2020, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jan 05, 2020, 04:46 PM Last Edit: Jan 05, 2020, 04:57 PM by Towelie
Some of you may remember that on Survival, we had an update world. Well scratch that, that world has been now renamed to scavenge world and has the following modifications done to it:

- PvP will be enabled, and god/fly will be disabled upon entering the world
- PvP cooldowns will be eliminated in this world (meaning PvP will be 1.8 like)
- Difficulty is set to HARD
- You are not allowed to create warps, set a home, or /tpahere other people
- PyroMon was moved exclusively to this world. Meaning this is the only world PyroMon will spawn in
- PyroMining was moved exclusively to this world. Meaning if you want to gather flux and other materials, you have to do it in this world
- Creepers destroy blocks
- You can build, but it is recommended only for cabins and other short used builds. This world will be reset often, and there will be no protections on it, meaning raiding will be a possible thing
- The world has been extended to 1000 border size (from 750). I would like to avoid increasing it a lot more, due to lag
- Phantoms were enabled for this world
- Warps, setting homes and tp-ing to other people are disabled in this world

How to get there:
- Join our server play.superfuntime.org
- Type /sw
- Enjoy

NOTE: I am looking forward for feedback, and if you find any ways to enter this world with pvp off (exploits or simply things we may have overseen, please DM me asap and tell me how)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Soulreaper

Will slimefun be enabled?

It could provide some benefits such as walking through lava without burning, breathing under water.

These are just a couple benefits that seem 'god like' but theres quite a few more.

Towelie

Quote from: Soulreaper on Jan 05, 2020, 05:16 PMWill slimefun be enabled?

It could provide some benefits such as walking through lava without burning, breathing under water.

These are just a couple benefits that seem 'god like' but theres quite a few more.
should already be enabled

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Aslanbor

So just from being on there for a bit I have a couple suggestions. One being the fact that players can avoid the pvp by either logging out, or tping back to their home. I had a player do this while I was fighting them just a while ago. Another thing is chest protections and other container protections. This can also be used to skirt the pvp by placing a chest before you get killed, unloading your items and then coming back at a later time to pick it up. So while you can break other peoples homes you can't access their storage and therefore raiding wouldn't be worth it. Also, I agree that maybe an ore spawn amplifier would be nice. It would create an incentive to want to go to /sw more often.
The more that you read, the more you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you will go. - Dr. Seuss

Lady_Carissa

You should add the bounty plugin to this world!

Towelie

Quote from: Lady_Carissa on Jan 06, 2020, 06:07 AMYou should add the bounty plugin to this world!
Can't because it is not compatible with our pvp toggle solution

Lady_Carissa

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 06, 2020, 09:13 AM
Quote from: Lady_Carissa on Jan 06, 2020, 06:07 AMYou should add the bounty plugin to this world!
Can't because it is not compatible with our pvp toggle solution
Dang, it's still fun anyway. Good job Towelie!

xJuJuu

Quote from: Aslanbor on Jan 05, 2020, 09:59 PMSo just from being on there for a bit I have a couple suggestions. One being the fact that players can avoid the pvp by either logging out, or tping back to their home. I had a player do this while I was fighting them just a while ago. Another thing is chest protections and other container protections. This can also be used to skirt the pvp by placing a chest before you get killed, unloading your items and then coming back at a later time to pick it up. So while you can break other peoples homes you can't access their storage and therefore raiding wouldn't be worth it. Also, I agree that maybe an ore spawn amplifier would be nice. It would create an incentive to want to go to /sw more often.

I agree

Towelie

Quote from: xJuJuu on Jan 06, 2020, 10:51 AMSo just from being on there for a bit I have a couple suggestions. One being the fact that players can avoid the pvp by either logging out, or tping back to their home. I had a player do this while I was fighting them just a while ago.

This is our #1 issue that we are trying to fix right now, but sadly it is not possible without the help of a dev, which is harder to find than we anticipated
After that, I will gladly discuss chest prots and anything else.

It is my goal to make this world in such a way that is consistent with the player's feedback and requests.

Towelie

Quote from: xJuJuu on Jan 06, 2020, 10:51 AMAnother thing is chest protections and other container protections. This can also be used to skirt the pvp by placing a chest before you get killed, unloading your items and then coming back at a later time to pick it up. So while you can break other peoples homes you can't access their storage and therefore raiding wouldn't be worth it. Also, I agree that maybe an ore spawn amplifier would be nice. It would create an incentive to want to go to /sw more often.
How do you think we should resolve this. Disable LWC in scavengeworld? I think that should be simple (but didn't check yet)
Also, I have a moral problem with this. On one side, we want this to be a PvP world, on the other side we want people to be able to mine there and get resources to the other worlds. But perhaps they can do that with enderchests?

Aslanbor

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 06, 2020, 04:22 PMHow do you think we should resolve this. Disable LWC in scavengeworld? I think that should be simple (but didn't check yet)
Also, I have a moral problem with this. On one side, we want this to be a PvP world, on the other side we want people to be able to mine there and get resources to the other worlds. But perhaps they can do that with enderchests?

So yes, while it is supposed to be able to let a player pull more resources than a regular world, having the risk associated with the pvp would make it more exciting. The chest prots are what bother me most right now, a way you can fix that is enderchests yeah. That would make it to where they can only take a comparatively small amount of loot rather than a couple dubs. Another thing would be perhaps down the line creating backpacks or something. But for now I think that maybe chest prots should be removed and they can use enderchests instead. It makes the reward worth the risk as well as giving players the incentive to pvp more in the hopes of getting more loot from other scavengers.
The more that you read, the more you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you will go. - Dr. Seuss

_0i

So, I think if you want me to play in SW and work on a base there, there needs to be some sort of incentive, so one thing i was thinking, is like higher drop rates for farm items, like melons, pumpkins, sugar cane, wheat, carrots, potatoes, etc. This could make people want to build bases there. Also, I think one benefit of playing there could be higher MCMMO levels. I know I want to get a higher brewing lvl, but its a lot to have to dedicate to get my level pretty high in that. Maybe like 5x or something. Anyways, cya

Aslanbor

Quote from: _0i on Jan 08, 2020, 11:51 PMSo, I think if you want me to play in SW and work on a base there, there needs to be some sort of incentive, so one thing i was thinking, is like higher drop rates for farm items, like melons, pumpkins, sugar cane, wheat, carrots, potatoes, etc. This could make people want to build bases there.

The point isn't for players to build bases. It's for resource gathering.

Towelie

Sadly it is not possible to disable LWC per world.
So I'm afraid that I cannot do anything about.

SashaLarie

stormshooter

Quote from: SashaLarie on Jan 09, 2020, 04:57 PMTNT is enabled now c:
ye i think u made that one clear ingame AHAHA

SashaLarie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jan 09, 2020, 05:32 PM
Quote from: SashaLarie on Jan 09, 2020, 04:57 PMTNT is enabled now c:
ye i think u made that one clear ingame AHAHA
sTOP HAHA that was you!!

_0i

So, is there any way we could get A warp/tp/world warp countdown while in sw? Like 3s could be sufficient, but if you're in a fight and someone is chasing you, you can easily just tp out. One more idea is combat tag, so if you are in combat, you can't warp for a bit, and if you leave, you die.