My Minecraft account got hacked yesterday!

Started by ReimuHakureix3, Jan 23, 2020, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReimuHakureix3

I've been a part of SFT for years, but came back the other day when Marisa kidnapped me after a break, been playing for a couple of days then BOOM~! Someone hacked my minecraft account yesterday, I had forgotten to update my Mojang account thingie so the password was old and weak, no special characters or anything, so I changed it, recovered my account and all is good, thankfully I had a login password set on the SFT Survival server we play at so it was impossible for the hacker to use my account in the SFT server, but I's still worried about it since he changed my name.

The butt absolutely changed my minecraft name to Jino08 for some reason and even had the audacity to change my skin to some edgy V for Vendetta skin. My username in minecraft and in the server is originally ReimuHakureix3, there are 30 days till I can change it back so I submitted a ticket to Mojang so they can change it back to how it was. My question is, what happens if I join the SFT server right now? Will all my stuff, Donator status and what not be lost in the server? Should I wait until Mojang restores my original name? If I do indeed loose my stuff, will changing it back via Mojang ticket restore it?

Lady_Carissa

Your rank will be the same, I can find your protections and base for you. You don't need to make a ticket with Mojang for items on SFT.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

UnicornOnACob

If all they did was change your IGN then you should be good to come back on. All your stuff and your Donator rank should be safe - especially if you had a /login password set and you're sure they didn't bypass that.
I started with 10 hearts, now im at nine, because you stole one from me (porcupine). -dyduke :'(:heart:

ReimuHakureix3

Excellente! YES~! YES!!! I can join and all!

Thanks for getting me setup and all, I was worried it would have apocalyptic consequences. My password login thing is actually gone for some reason though, but it doesn't seem like they played with my account though, atleast not in SFT, all my items were in my inventory, and I was in the exact spot I logged out on which was in warp sfttree.

Towelie

Quote from: ReimuHakureix3 on Jan 23, 2020, 06:10 PMExcellente! YES~! YES!!! I can join and all!

Thanks for getting me setup and all, I was worried it would have apocalyptic consequences. My password login thing is actually gone for some reason though, but it doesn't seem like they played with my account though, atleast not in SFT, all my items were in my inventory, and I was in the exact spot I logged out on which was in warp sfttree.

You should change your password and possibly even your security questions.
In addition, I recommend using a strong password that you don't use anywhere else.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796