Mar 28, 2024, 09:06 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Factions Dyno map should be removed

Started by badbrad01, May 03, 2020, 01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes
17 (51.5%)
No
16 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

badbrad01

Cons with having the map:
It allows other players to see exactly where an opposing faction is located on the map.
It allows other players to see how many members an opposing faction is on currecntly.
It allows other players to see the weak points in an opposing factions base layout
It allows and helps other players to see where an opposing faction may have spawners at
It allows other players to see where other players on the map (Yes a player could potentially use invisibility potion)
It allows other players to know when other players are invisible

Pros to having the map
Allows other players to see if other players are getting close while out getting supplies unless the other players use invisible potion
Look for potential areas for base building.
Potentially lets you know when you are being raided (but factions is a game-mode where you should have eyes in the back of your head)

As you can see there are more con's to having the dynomap than pros.
I would like to try a one week removal of the dynomap to see how the server runs without it.
If it seems to be more of a determent to the server to not have map then add it back.

Finding a enemy base without the map should be a accomplishment
Made By Miricx

willhill2000

I like the idea, but if it was to be implemented it would have to be on the next reset

Dogggeh

This is currently being discussed with the fmod+ team, we will come to a decision shortly and will let you know :)

stormshooter

imo most of your cons are pros too

The server is pretty small so if we removed dynmap there would be barely any pvp and very little raiding, would kill the server

badbrad01

Quote from: TeraStorm on May 03, 2020, 01:51 AMimo most of your cons are pros too

The server is pretty small so if we removed dynmap there would be barely any pvp and very little raiding, would kill the server

It coped many of years ago without the map im sure it can cope without it now
Made By Miricx

willhill2000

Quote from: badbrad01 on May 03, 2020, 01:51 AM
Quote from: TeraStorm on May 03, 2020, 01:51 AMimo most of your cons are pros too

dynomap has been a thing for a very long time I swear

badbrad01

Quote from: willhill2000 on May 03, 2020, 01:57 AM
Quote from: badbrad01 on May 03, 2020, 01:51 AM

dynomap has been a thing for a very long time I swear
since 2016 weve had it perm on the server and everytime the server has died , im implementing a idea to make it harder as it should be harder then just checking a map
Made By Miricx

Jyncs

I think the proposal of doing it for a week to try it out is reasonable. This gives the option for it to return after a week if it seems to be an issue with how the game is being played.

There is no other multiplayer game similar to mc factions(Rust come to mind because I play a lot of it) that has a map that shows where other players bases or other players locations are.

If you can give me a reasonable and logical game play reason to keep a map in a multiplayer game to show where every player, base and claimed land is then I will change my vote to keep the map.

George

I agree it is a disadvantage in my opinion.
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

camster65

It's a good idea to trial and could end up being a positive, however it would be pointless to do right now in this current reset because all i'd have to do is take a screenshot of each persons cord's now and i'd know where each base and spawner is so would defeat the point in removing it.

Towelie

It's dynmap XD
Not dyno map, not dyna map xD The name comes from the plugin with the same name, and the Dyn comes more from Dynamic rather than any  reptiles

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Jyncs

Quote from: camster65 on May 03, 2020, 10:58 AMIt's a good idea to trial and could end up being a positive, however it would be pointless to do right now in this current reset because all i'd have to do is take a screenshot of each persons cord's now and i'd know where each base and spawner is so would defeat the point in removing it.

I disagree. You might see some groups decide to move bases to somewhere else because people know where their current base of operations is.

badbrad01

Quote from: Towelie on May 03, 2020, 12:42 PMIt's dynmap XD
Not dyno map, not dyna map xD The name comes from the plugin with the same name, and the Dyn comes more from Dynamic rather than any  reptiles

could be dinomap see whos got sexist dinosaur
Made By Miricx

badbrad01

Made By Miricx

Kiannaa

I honestly think it's going to be super boring without the map. I mean there's not even that much pvp to begin with but imagine it without a map.

Happysheep102

Server updated to address this. Locking