Apr 18, 2024, 10:33 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Some important (but technical) news

Started by Towelie, May 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I almost forgot to post this message :)

So, we've recently made an important change that should reduce lag and improve your experience across our server.
We've upgraded from our previous two dedicated server (one for survival + pix + bungee + web, one for modded, vanilla, creative, factions) to just one bigger, stronger machine.

Our infrastructure until now:
Main Machine (Xeon 4c8t, 64GB DDR3, 240G SSD) - Survival, Pixelmon, Waterfall (proxy), Webserver VM
Games Machine (Xeon 4c8t, 32GB DDR3, 120G SSD) - 1.7.10, Factions, Creative, Discord Bots, Pix Dev

Our new infrastructure:
EPYC Machine (AMD EPYC 16c32t, 128GB DDR4, 1TB nVME RAID1 (hosts all of above and still has room to spare for a few more. Survival view distance already increased from 6 to 8 with no big performance penalty (on the old server, this impacted performance negatively)

We've managed to keep our costs roughly the same, increasing them only with $2 / mo.
Hope you will notice the change, and if you did, tell us what is different!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

donnydoom604

Chill2000

Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

George

I said in chat that if you hadnt got epyc i would be mad lol
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!