Mar 28, 2024, 09:00 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Poll] What type of modpacks do you like?

Started by blalp, Jun 13, 2020, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blalp

Jun 13, 2020, 09:13 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2020, 10:08 AM by Mord3005
NOTE: Even if you have not played modpacks before, but are willing to give it a try, please fill out this poll to the best of your knowledge, if you don't know the answer to a question, that's fine too.

Unfortunately due to the complex nature in the organization of this poll, please post your response below rather than just checking a box. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but the increased value of having consolations between different answers warrants the extra effort both on my side, and yours. If you want to respond anonymously, dm me, and I will put a post here.
Questions:
[b]Do you like skyblock or overworld? [/b]
[b]Do you like quests? [/b]
[b]Do you like the grind? [/b]
[b]Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? [/b]
[b]How many GB of RAM do you have? [/b]
[b]Do you like tech? [/b]
[b]Do you like magic? [/b]
[b]Do you like exploring/adventuring? [/b]
[b]How hard of a modpack do you want? [/b]
[b]How much modded experince do you have? [/b]

Explanation of intent of questions:
Do you like skyblock or overworld? This question is trying to figure out which of the two modes do you prefer, or are you indifferent to which mode.
Do you like quests? Question is self-explanatory
Do you like the grind? Some mod packs require an insane amount of repetitive, tedious actions in order to succeed. Do you like that?
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Question is self-explanatory
How many GB of RAM do you have? Question is self-explanatory
Do you like tech? Question is self-explanatory
Do you like magic? Question is self-explanatory
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Question is self-explanatory. DISCLAIMER: This is hard to do in a multiplayer environment.
How hard of a modpack do you want? Question is trying to get at how hard do you want it? Some packs aim to give that vanilla+ experience (like our pixelmon server), others try to give a modded experience, others seek to challenge your skills by changing all crafting recipes so it takes a stack of cobblestone just to make one furnace. How hard do you want?
How much modded experience do you have? This can range from I have never played modded before, but am willing to try it, to I am a modded master and know almost any mod you throw at me.

Example response:
Do you like skyblock or overworld? I prefer skyblock, but I am willing to play an overworld pack
Do you like quests? Although I prefer quests, I don't need them.
Do you like the grind? Frankly no.
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Yes. I love getting challenged, but there are also times I just want to chill and make a really cool system not worrying about resources.
How many GB of RAM do you have? 32GB
Do you like tech? Yes, and can't really live without it
Do you like magic? Yes, but I can live without it on a normal pack, I do enjoy tinkering with it though and seeing how cool it is. The animations of astral sorcery are on point.
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Eh. Can live without.
How hard of a modpack do you want? I want both a normal modpack experience and a crazy hard one
How much modded experience do you have? I know a good deal of mods, but there are still some that I would like to get into.
Have a fantastic day!

litgamer

Do you like skyblock or overworld? I prefer a sky block pack, but im also good with a over world pack.
Do you like quests? I do like quests, but not if they're the main "idea" of the pack.
Do you like the grind? Yes!
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Sounds very interesting.
How many GB of RAM do you have? 32 GB
Do you like tech? Love it :)
Do you like magic? Love it :)
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Sometimes, but not preferably.
How hard of a modpack do you want? Im good with Normal+ Difficulties. Hard Modpacks are always enjoyable for me though.
How much modded experince do you have? Hundreds of hours on different networks, and many many hours on the SFT Network.
[/center]

ceddy24

Do you like skyblock or overworld? I like both, but I think it'd prefer exploring an overworld.
Do you like quests? Yup!
Do you like the grind? It depends... I'd rather grind for a late game item.
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? I'm not a fan of effort.
How many GB of RAM do you have? 8, but I don't want to use more than 4.
Do you like tech? Yes.
Do you like magic? YES.
Do you like exploring/adventuring? YES!
How hard of a modpack do you want? Yes.
How much modded experince do you have? Quite a bit.

CrafterLuc2

Do you like skyblock or overworld? I prefer overworld
Do you like quests? Not really
Do you like the grind? depends on the amount
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? nah, I suck
How many GB of RAM do you have? 16 of which I use 6-8gb max
Do you like tech? yes
Do you like magic? yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? yes
How hard of a modpack do you want? Bteam level difficulty
How much modded experience do you have? Played bteam for years, and know mods from there. Also did some basic things of 1.7.10 pack.
met veel rust en vrede zal de end geen keerzijde kneden
虚心坦懐に申し上げる。今から言うことは、言葉どおりに受け取ってほしい。
Bteam Admin and AHoS   |  McPE Developer   |  1.7.10 Elder
Need my aid? Contact me through discord Luc#5794 | Or send a forum pm.

HissBooom

Do you like skyblock or overworld? Overworld
Do you like quests? As long as they aren't essential to progression and are only rewarding for your own progression yes
Do you like the grind? Some of it, not so much
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base?
yes that would be enjoyable
How many GB of RAM do you have? 16 on pc and 3 dedicatable on laptop(would like to be able to play on laptop too)
Do you like tech? YES!
Do you like magic? So and so
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Yea just not in excess
How hard of a modpack do you want? Medium difficulty, not too hard in the beginning
How much modded experince do you have? A good amount, knowing a lot of tech mods, a few magic and misc ones
Modded Mod

stormshooter

Do you like quests? They're ok
Do you like the grind? Not terribly
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? No
How many GB of RAM do you have? 16
Do you like tech? Its ok
Do you like magic? Yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Yes
How hard of a modpack do you want? Not too hard
How much modded experince do you have? Not much

Live2Ride17

Do you like skyblock or overworld? either or
Do you like quests? As long as they aren't essential to progression and are only rewarding for your own progression, yes
Do you like the grind? A bit
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Yes
How many GB of RAM do you have? Total:8 Max for minecraft:4(Laptop tanks at 4.5)
Do you like tech? Love it
Do you like magic? Love it
Do you like exploring/adventuring? not really
How hard of a modpack do you want? easy start medium end
How much modded experince do you have? 7 ish years

NotChocobo654321

Do you like skyblock or overworld?     Never played skyblock before yet willing to give it a shot
Do you like quests?   Yes gib all the quests plz k tnx
Do you like the grind?   Yes and no as long as there is a way to be able to farm resources via crops or some other way like milking cows or using common resources
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? All though not really liked by myself I would agree with this to help bring new people in too the pack and help them get started and understand what to do before going to a challenge.
How many GB of RAM do you have?   16 gb of rams 
Do you like tech?   Are robits made of metal? Yes
Do you like magic? As long as im not forced into thaumcraft than 100% fine
Do you like exploring/adventuring? If theres a lot to see and do in the worlds/dimensions yes
How hard of a modpack do you want? something kinda challanging at first yet with a high end reward (kinda like Mc-Enternal ;3)
How much modded experince do you have? I would say a good portion of my playtime for sft is modded so fairly good bit.

rooster702

Do you like quests? Yes
Do you like the grind? yes
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? no
How many GB of RAM do you have? 24
Do you like tech? kindof
Do you like magic? Not really
How hard of a modpack do you want? Not too difficult but difficult enough
How much modded experince do you have? I've only played Pix from SFt but a lot of experience on my own time

pwnswords

Do you like skyblock or overworld? Skyblock
Do you like quests? no
Do you like the grind? some
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? yes
How many GB of RAM do you have? 256gb
Do you like tech? yes
Do you like magic? yes
How hard of a modpack do you want? As hard as possible
How much modded experince do you have? >1000 hours
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Sketamine

Do you like skyblock or overworld? Definitely prefer skyblocks because its more interesting
Do you like quests? I like quests but i dont like to HAVE to follow them. i like them to be optional
Do you like the grind? Eeeeh. some days
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Sounds interesting actually
How many GB of RAM do you have? 16, am happy to use all of it.
Do you like tech? Yes!
Do you like magic? I could take it or leave it.
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Not the biggest fan.
How hard of a modpack do you want? intermediate/hard
How much modded experince do you have? years of it!
[Modded Elder][Developer][Infernal Dragon]

mikkyd656

Jun 13, 2020, 07:54 PM #11 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2020, 05:26 AM by mikkyd656
Do you like skyblock or overworld? Overworld, willing to try skyblock, have not done it before
Do you like quests? Yes, not required but basically give extra rewards for things I am already doing.
Do you like the grind? It's not about the destination, but the journey.
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? This sounds nice, a place for refuge when you do not feel like being challenged.
How many GB of RAM do you have? 32gb
Do you like tech? Yes. Main reason why i like modded.
Do you like magic? Yes, I only get into it though once i have gone through most tech mods and have resource production, processing and storage setup.
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Yes, I mostly like the challenge/puzzle aspect of making the most efficient production systems.
How hard of a modpack do you want? I agree with Sket, Intermediate/hard
How much modded experince do you have? Uh, far too  much.

AtomicPulse

Jun 13, 2020, 08:31 PM #12 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2020, 08:35 PM by AtomicPulse
Do you like skyblock or overworld? overworld
Do you like quests? yes, as long as they're optional
Do you like the grind? not particularly
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? not really
Do you like tech? yes
Do you like magic? yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? yes, we need an adventuring pack
How hard of a modpack do you want? normal difficulty / not too hard
How much modded experince do you have? not much other then bteam and some mods on 1710
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

Relevant_Chaos

Do you like skyblock or overworld? skyblock. good times
Do you like quests? No, i like to play my own way
Do you like the grind? not particularly
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? indifferent
Do you like tech? yes
Do you like magic? yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Not really. i dont mind a little
How hard of a modpack do you want? normal difficulty / not too hard
How much modded experince do you have? most mods >1.7.10
Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

Schokofrosch1401

Do you like skyblock or overworld? Skyblock
Do you like quests? YES
Do you like the grind? yes
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? not really
Do you like tech? YES
Do you like magic? its ok
Do you like exploring/adventuring? YES
How hard of a modpack do you want? middle/hard
How much modded experince do you have? i think i'm ok but could be better

Tyler7733

Do you like skyblock or overworld? skyblock > overworld
Do you like quests? not a huge fan
Do you like the grind? not really a fan of multiplayer modded without significant automation possible
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base?
How many GB of RAM do you have? 8
Do you like tech? yes
Do you like magic? yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? to an extent, I am not really a fan of just looking for dungeons that have all been long past looted
How hard of a modpack do you want? anywhere from moderate to hardcore
How much modded experince do you have? >5000 hours
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

SpiritDance

Do you like skyblock or overworld? Sky block
Do you like quests? Yes
Do you like the grind? Yes
Do you want a separate server where your skills can be put to the test, but you still have your main base? Yes
How many GB of RAM do you have? 8
Do you like tech? Yes
Do you like magic? Yes
Do you like exploring/adventuring? Yes
How hard of a modpack do you want? Like a change
How much modded experince do you have? Very little