Mar 28, 2024, 07:06 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Hmm-post] Should we host a CSGO Execute/Retake server?

Started by GRIMI_, Jul 21, 2020, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we host a CSGO Execute/Retake server?

Yes please
No thanks
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

GRIMI_

Hello gamers,

I'm writing to you with a simple question, should SFT set up and host a CSGO executes/retakes server. if you're not completely familiar with the idea of execute servers, the idea is that it condenses the traditional csgo experience into a series of site executes or retakes, cutting out all of the sitting around in T-spawn and taking map control etc. It's a great way to learn and master the maps and game, and it's a genuinely fun way to train your game sense and show your friends you're no.1 gamer.

Here is video of some dude playing an execute server:

Reasons for:
From Towelie's survey last week, out of 18 comments, at least 7 play csgo which is almost 40%. SFT discord server has 2133 members, so potentially 853 players of our existing playerbase have and play CSGO already!
Most execute/retake servers are extremely popular (always full when I try to join :( )
Dont need to bother with server listing and voting and all that. CSGO servers are visible to everyone on the community server browser! Free promotion!
Extensive sourcemod plugins available (including fun stuff like custom skins and knives and one that turns you into a chicken if you don't clutch! Clutch or cluck!
I already found the plugin and config files incl spawns and autosmokes.

Reasons against:
It's a different genre of game than SFT has typically hosted, being sports competitive strategy shooter.
Limited slots, csgo is a 5v5 game (and casual 10v10 is utter trash)
CSGO has an interesting community. The server might attract Russian 12 year old DJs who play donk down the mic. (I see this as an absolute win)

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

GRIMI_

willhill2000

Jul 23, 2020, 05:43 PM #3 Last Edit: Jul 24, 2020, 01:23 AM by willhill2000
i think prison lasted longer than a retake server would

Towelie

Quote from: willhill2000 on Jul 23, 2020, 05:43 PMi think prison lasted longer than a retake server would
Oh? How come? Not really familiar with Retake

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

willhill2000

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2020, 02:34 PM
Quote from: willhill2000 on Jul 23, 2020, 05:43 PMi think prison lasted longer than a retake server would
Oh? How come? Not really familiar with Retake
a fair few reasons the main ones being : 10 people max online, you can't play solo (obviously need 1 person on each team,so if no ones online.. you can't play), i think sft would benefit a lot more from a more community friendly game mode like surf , bhopping or even a simon says server or a escape the prison server (plenty ideas already in the community) I mean yeah it would be fun to 1v1 your friends once a week but i'm sure the fun of it would die down in a week or two and it would struggle to see players, that being said i think a csgo server is a good idea but a different game mode... a more community driven one if thats the right term. (i really like the idea of a prison csgo server and if anyone wants to msg me so i can show them what i mean pls do, they r funny as fok)