Mar 28, 2024, 11:18 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

New Server

Started by Kiannaa, Sep 25, 2020, 02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiannaa

Hey SFT!

Dogggeh and I will be hosting a server but we're unsure of what you all want! We're willing to branch out to many ideas and we would love to hear your opinion on what SFT is missing!

Our idea:
We were thinking of hosting a 1.8 Hardcore Factions server. HCF is basically a fast paced version of Factions, where you will be pvping against other small factions (Most likely around 4-5 member per faction). We will make sure that the border is smaller than the other worlds you would usually see on SFT to encourage PvP. There will be a peaceful period which could last about 2 days (to get prepared) and then PvP will be enabled. There will be resets often and the faction who has dominated everyone will receive recognition and many prizes! At the moment, we're not 100% on everything as these guidelines could change but this is just a rough idea. If the HCF idea is going to continue, we'll be asking for community feedback on a lot of the plans we have in mind to suit your wants!

Your idea:
What would you like to see? We're willing to open up to anything and we could use your help! Keep in mind that it does not have to be PvP related but we would like to satisfy the SFT PvPers out there as well!

If you have any questions about this you may ask down below or PM us on discord (Kiannaa#5633 & Dogggeh#0192).

Please suggest the type of server you'd like to see down below!

Khema騎士

I like the Hardcore Factions idea. Sounds like a lot of fun!

George

no. please no more pvp servers
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

stormshooter

I feel like not much good would come from yet another factions server, its just a breeding ground for toxicity

If you do go ahead with making it then there definitely needs to be some kind of personal player muting plugin implemented & some very detailed rules to try and minimize the damage it could cause

badbrad01

Right

rallyreaper suggested MODDED factions and it still sounds a good idea with guns tanks planes different way to get material and everything stronger bricks, guns and stuff but got shot down this might be a idea to contact rallyreaper as he knows more on the idea
Made By Miricx

badbrad01

Quote from: TeraStorm on Sep 25, 2020, 02:10 PMI feel like not much good would come from yet another factions server, its just a breeding ground for toxicity

If you do go ahead with making it then there definitely needs to be some kind of personal player muting plugin implemented & some very detailed rules to try and minimize the damage it could cause

The rules for factions last time weren't good at all they were left open for loop holes to be implemented into breaking them and everything like many of the players said they was not strong enough for a factions server like the rule you can't flame but you can bait them but if they say stop you've got stop like so many loop holes in that rule
Made By Miricx

badbrad01

The idea of a hardcore factions server would be good but are you going be doing you've got pay to be revive to be able to join back after you've died or?
Made By Miricx

Dogggeh

Another option could be a survival skyblock type of server? idk

badbrad01

Quote from: Dogggeh on Sep 25, 2020, 02:24 PMAnother option could be a survival skyblock type of server? idk

Or bed wars? Would be cool to have Ngl
Made By Miricx

SashaLarie

Quote from: Dogggeh on Sep 25, 2020, 02:24 PMAnother option could be a survival skyblock type of server? idk
pLEASE do Skyblock

iFlirt

Ooh i've been saying HCF for a long time and I know plenty about it and would be more than happy to help out if you guys need me. :)
Lost Islands Elder

finb

i would definitely play a skyblock

Tyler7733

If you would do skyblock, just make sure it isn't barebones, an ore gen(where some % of cobble from cobble generators is replaced with ores) would be good along with other things, but I also advise against overloading it with pluggins to the point where it might as well be modded. From my experience, the best slyblock servers really just need an economy,a way to obtain everything or at least most of what you would normally in a regular world through a shop, and a few plugins to make it very mildly less grindy, but also add a better end game.(just realized how much I wrote about skyblock on a post about factions)
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Kiannaa

Quote from: Tyler7733 on Sep 25, 2020, 03:13 PM
If you would do skyblock, just make sure it isn't barebones, an ore gen(where some % of cobble from cobble generators is replaced with ores) would be good along with other things, but I also advise against overloading it with pluggins to the point where it might as well be modded. From my experience, the best slyblock servers really just need an economy,a way to obtain everything or at least most of what you would normally in a regular world through a shop, and a few plugins to make it very mildly less grindy, but also add a better end game.(just realized how much I wrote about skyblock on a post about factions)
It's not just about factions it is more of a "what do you want to see" post!

Chill2000

Sep 25, 2020, 03:19 PM #14 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2020, 03:45 PM by Chill2000
Ive seen a few things about modded skyblock servers which sounds pretty cool and lends more to the game and the objective? Could be cool to investigate
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Tyler7733

Quote from: Chill2000 on Sep 25, 2020, 03:19 PMIve seen a few things about modded skyblock servers which sounds pretty cool
Revolutionary idea, Lost Islands
Lost = Life
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

Kamer

HCF sounds like fun, please just make sure to include stuff like KOTHs with rewards for factions capping them. A way you could work this is by having KOTHs at set intervals, such as a major KOTH (better rewards) every 2-3 hours with a smaller KOTH (worse rewards) in between, so that players know when to get on if they want to participate.

I also think the skyblock idea would be fun, just please keep it a simple skyblock without too many gimmicks  :D.

rooster702

I really like Evan's servers. They're great!  :)

Kiannaa

Quote from: Kamer on Sep 26, 2020, 02:10 AMHCF sounds like fun, please just make sure to include stuff like KOTHs with rewards for factions capping them. A way you could work this is by having KOTHs at set intervals, such as a major KOTH (better rewards) every 2-3 hours with a smaller KOTH (worse rewards) in between, so that players know when to get on if they want to participate.
Yes, events like KOTH will happen but I doubt it will be every 2-3 hours (depending on playerbase). We'll figure this all out as a community if the HCF server idea does pass through!

Dogggeh

Any other suggestions you guys would like to see other than HCF/Skyblock?

UnicornOnACob

Quote from: badbrad01 on Sep 25, 2020, 02:26 PM

Or bed wars? Would be cool to have Ngl
I second this, bedwars or skywars for me
I started with 10 hearts, now im at nine, because you stole one from me (porcupine). -dyduke :'(:heart:

Lady_Carissa

Quote from: SashaLarie on Sep 25, 2020, 02:28 PM
pLEASE do Skyblock
PLEASE! A SkyBlock Server would be so much fun!  :cake:

xJade

I've seen some YouTube videos about the "one life" or "x life" where you basically start with one heart and the more you die the more hearts you gain. I don't know what happens after you reach all lives but it'd be interesting to play. (It's also a modded thing but I think it can happen in vanilla. I think.)

Idk about having another factions server considering the ones we've tried to bring back usually die off or stop having players after two weeks or so.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

TristenC7

You could bring TNTWars back, that was always fun back in the day!
Orions belt is a huge... waist of space.

xJade

Quote from: xJimJam on Sep 26, 2020, 12:45 PMI've seen some YouTube videos about the "one life" or "x life" where you basically start with one heart and the more you die the more hearts you gain. I don't know what happens after you reach all lives but it'd be interesting to play. (It's also a modded thing but I think it can happen in vanilla. I think.)

Idk about having another factions server considering the ones we've tried to bring back usually die off or stop having players after two weeks or so.

OR we can have another one of these bad boys https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,150384.msg721529.html#msg721529

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart: