Mar 28, 2024, 06:50 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Creative Feedback/Suggestions

Started by Dogggeh, Jan 31, 2021, 01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogggeh

Hey Guys,

Similarly to the post about Survival please use this post for any and every suggestion/piece of feedback you may have regarding our Creative server,  and I shall get back to you within 24h :)

p.s if you wish to discuss privately my discord is Dogggeh#0192

Khema騎士

Jan 31, 2021, 02:14 AM #1 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2021, 12:18 AM by Magnet
1. Add a default world for those who prefer terraforming over just building on a plot that has flattened land for you.

2. Host build competitions as an incentive to get on Creative. You could give out special prizes to the winners on Survival or other servers of their choosing.

3. Add interesting plugins that would work well on Creative. I currently don't have any in mind, but I recommend looking through a list of plugins and see if you can find anything that might interest players to get on Creative.

4. Host other events. Build competitions don't have to be the only event hosted on Creative. There can be unique Creative events that differ from the Survival events. I know this one is a little less realistic, considering the task of building the events, but it is certainly something to at least consider.

5. Treat Creative just like Survival and the other servers. What I mean by that is that Creative should be treated equally as a server. It should be advertised just as much, it should have it's on voice channel on the Discord server, it should have it's on feedback location which it finally does now, and it should receive the same amount of maintenance and routine updates as the other servers. Show people that Creative is cared about and not just an extension of the Survival server.

6. I know people coming onto Creative to make lag machines has been an issue. Surely, there must be something that can be added to prevent lag machines from being created or from doing harm.

7. Add more ranks on Creative and add unique abilities to all of the ranks. What I mean by that is on Survival, as you rank-up, you get access to a few more commands. Perhaps that could be added as an incentive to get more uptime on Creative.

8. To sum it all up, make Creative unique. In other words, make Creative the Super Fun Time Creative server, not just any ole Creative server by considering the above. This may attract players who build on other Creative servers and increase the amount of the current Super Fun Time player base on Creative.

Green_Giant

One thing I would say, is that the number of plots a player should have access to should be tied to their rank. A few months ago a player went on and claimed hundreds of plots, I believe a suitable amount would be:

Drafter: 4
Apprentice: 8
Builder: 12
Constructor: 15
Engineer: 25
Architect: 40

All other ranks: unlimited.

UnicornOnACob

I think there should be a plot purge. I was on yesterday trying to find a new plot to claim and the amount of empty plots belong to players who had clearly logged on once and never been on again/been inactive for a while now was crazy, I know there's a command to find a nearby plot but I think it's still needed. I also like magnet's idea of a non-flat world :)
I started with 10 hearts, now im at nine, because you stole one from me (porcupine). -dyduke :'(:heart:

Dogggeh

Been going through these today- some i think are amazing ideas so have started implementing them.

Will post back again with what has been done/ what is to be done etc

tysm!!!!!

Wppvater

Quote from: Magnet on Jan 31, 2021, 02:14 AM8. To sum it all up, make Creative unique. In other words, make Creative the Super Fun Time Creative server, not just any ole Creative server by considering the above. This may attract players who build on other Creative servers and increase the amount of the current Super Fun Time player base on Creative.

Most important thing IMO^ (Sorry I can't give many suggestions on it)

I do have a couple of suggestions:
- A forum section for the Creative server, with a General board and one for showing off your builds.
- Make an actual spawn that's more than a hut, things to include could be:
  - Build showcase (a number of warps to good builds we'd like to showcase)
  - Bigger tutorial with the /plot commands
  - Basic worldedit tutorial
  - Other commands
  - Rules!
  - Ranks and their benefits
- Use the 12 plots that are around the central 4 plots (all of those are claimed by BluetigerESW) to house build contest winners or just some really good builds
- Themed build contests.
- Some kind of place for people to post builds looking for advice on how to improve(different than just showcase)

Dogggeh

Quote from: Wppvater on Feb 03, 2021, 09:49 PM- A forum section for the Creative server, with a General board and one for showing off your builds.

well well well look where we are.

I'm happy for this board to be used for all things creative, that includes showing off builds/getting opinions.

If we find we need separate boards for separate things we can address that when we come to it.

Dogggeh

Feb 04, 2021, 11:17 AM #7 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2021, 11:20 AM by Dogggeh
Quote from: Wppvater on Feb 03, 2021, 09:49 PM- Make an actual spawn that's more than a hut, things to include could be:
  - Build showcase (a number of warps to good builds we'd like to showcase)
  - Bigger tutorial with the /plot commands
  - Basic worldedit tutorial
  - Other commands
  - Rules!
  - Ranks and their benefits

new creative spawn!!!! /spawn to see it, still a work in progress but just need to add the information etc now :)

Quote from: Magnet on Jan 31, 2021, 02:14 AM1. Add a default world for those who prefer terraforming over just building on a plot that has flattened land for you.

/vanilla or /vanillaworld to get to the default world and /plotworld or /plot home to get home :)

for claiming in this world you will either have to ask a creative mod+ or myself (imo the best way would be to make a ticket)

(there are now also some temporary pressure plates at spawn and where you spawn in the default world to go between)

Khema騎士

Feb 14, 2021, 12:23 AM #8 Last Edit: Feb 18, 2021, 03:53 AM by Magnet
I have some more feedback!

1. Add a world map for the vanilla world on Creative. This would allow players to find cool places to build, find other people's cool builds, and find a location that they may have accidentally lost where they were building.

2. Add /back. I understand why it's not on Survival because it would make it easy for players to get back to their death points. However, on Creative, there's really no reason not to have it. Infact, there is a reason to have it. It would allow players to get back to a previous location. that they were at, incase they forgot to /sethome or /warp create there. Would be really nice.

3. Add one new rank above Architect and replace Architect with a different name such as Designer so that people won't get confused with actual Architects who do great work for the server.