Mar 28, 2024, 10:58 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

10 years..... (yeah another one of these)

Started by Happysheep102, Dec 26, 2022, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happysheep102

Dec 26, 2022, 03:16 PM Last Edit: Dec 26, 2022, 03:21 PM by Happysheep102
Hello all,

Many of the new players probably won't know who I am, but this lil sheep has just reached his 10 year anniversary on SFT (give or take a week or so).

It's sad to see that this amazing place has lost the spark it once had, through the inevitability of us "growing up" and moving on, it's such a shame to see that the community hasn't replaced what it once was.

But if like me, you're an oldie, you probably log onto the forums of SFT once every while to see who's still around, and it's such a joy to see old names that you played with for hours and hours all those years ago.

SFT isn't just a game or a server, it's a community that has brought thousands of people together over the years, something which will remain part of us forever. No matter what the future here, the legacy that it leaves behind means more than anything.

I would like to personally thank @Towelie for keeping this place going all these years, it isn't until I've got older that I've realised how much of a ballache this must've been in addition to just having a life. You and the founders have provided a place for folks from all over the world to come together, build friendships, and most of all, have fun.

Whilst I haven't played here properly now for around 3 years, around 7 years and 2,000 hours of my life consisted of playing here with friends, most of which I've never met. SFT was, and still is a large part of my life and will be remembered whatever the future brings.

I'm not going to write a long list of people to thank, you know who you are. But thank YOU to everyone for the memories and fun that once was.

-- Happysheep

AidenBwah

It's been great having you, from one person who grew up here to another!!

Nicadean33

Congratulations on your achievement Happysheep! The server has definitely changed over the years and isn't what we knew it as in 2013, but it has remained a part of many of our pasts and presents.

Glad you stick around! Our new world is custom generated, would love to see you piddle around for an hour or so.

Lady_Carissa

Happy Anniversary!! Can't believe it's been 10 years, that's insane and impressive 😭
Hope you're doing well though! :heart:

Happysheep102

GRIMI_