[Entertainment] Bi-weekly Brain Teasers 2/23-2/24

Started by Nicadean33, Feb 23, 2023, 03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicadean33

Welcome to The Newsstand board! If you are not aware of what The Newsstand is, you can get caught up by going to the pinned post on this board. I am not an editorial person, nor a person who would know where to start on keeping you all informed. I still read the local newspaper each day to get my news and listen to an AM radio talk show. Instead, I will be posting a couple brain teasers 2x a week. Post the correct answer and win 1k in-game! You can either respond with the answer or download the images and write on them to respond. Happy solving!

P.S. If you are interested in posting editorials to this board, please contact myself or another admin to get the rundown on how!

Brain Teaser Thursday, February 23rd
Dinah secretly assigns values to each of the letters in the word SHORE and then provides Annika with the sum of the letters in these shorter words
HERO 32     ROSE 26     HERS 29     HOSE 34     RHOS 31
Dinah challenges Annika to determine the sum of the letters in SHORE, and Annika does it quite quickly. Can you?

Brain Teaser Friday, February 24th
The answers to the clues are four-letter words, listed in no particular order. Fill the ribbon with the words overlapping by two letters, like GLOW and OWNS in the example. We've supplied the first and last letters of the ribbon. Can you piece the words together?

Clues: asterisk - toque wearer - nod off - aid in crime - martial art - engrave deeply - citrus rind - Saudi, e.g.

MrChanango

Shore = 38

Judo
Doze
Zest
Star
Arab
Abet
Etch
Chef

This was fun, I want more >:)
Owner of the legendary Wood4U!