[Entertainment] Bi-weekly Brain Teasers 3/13-3/15

Started by Nicadean33, Mar 13, 2023, 10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicadean33

Welcome to The Newsstand board! If you are not aware of what The Newsstand is, you can get caught up by going to the pinned post on this board. I am not an editorial person, nor a person who would know where to start on keeping you all informed. I still read the local newspaper each day to get my news and listen to an AM radio talk show. Instead, I will be posting a couple brain teasers 2x a week. Post the correct answer and win 1k in-game! You can either respond with the answer or download the images and write on them to respond. Happy solving!

P.S. If you are interested in posting editorials to this board, please contact myself or another admin to get the rundown on how!

Brain Teaser Monday, March 13th
Four playing cards, one of each suit (a red heart, a red diamond, a black club, a black spade), lie in a row on a table. They are a Jack, a Queen, a King, and an Ace. Using these clues, can you determine the cards and their order?
1. The Queen is somewhere to the left of the red Jack
2. The Ace of clubs sits between two cards of different colors
3. The diamond is somewhere to the left of the heart
4. The King is not the diamond, and is not next to the Ace.

Brain Teaser Tuesday, March 14th
Place the digits 1 to 9 into the empty cells so that the three rows across and three columns down form correct arithmetic statements. All calculations involve only positive whole numbers and should be performed from left to right and top to bottom, ignoring mathematical order of operations. A starting hint will be provided on Thursday.
https://gyazo.com/9a708728d1f4c778ba5abefa9b1daa23

Brain Teaser Wednesday, March 15th
Starting on a letter in the longest row, spell out a 10-letter word going from letter to adjacent letter -- horizontally, vertically, diagonally -- as you use every letter in the grid once. Then, rearrange the 10-letter word into two 5-letter words that begin and end with the letters shown in rows at the bottom. What are the words?
https://gyazo.com/2a3457f1d93e39317d517174a368eafb

Soulreaper56

Brain suffering.
March 13 - QAJK
Q - spade
J - diamond
K - heart
a - club

Soulreaper56

March 14 You cannot see attachments on this board.

Soulreaper56

Nicadean33

Quote from: Soulreaper56 on Mar 14, 2023, 05:16 AMBrain suffering.
March 13 - QAJK
Q - spade
J - diamond
K - heart
a - club

Correct

Quote from: Soulreaper56 on Mar 14, 2023, 05:38 AMMarch 14 You cannot see attachments on this board.

Correct

Quote from: Soulreaper56 on Mar 14, 2023, 05:38 AMmarch 15
Turbulence
Rebel
Uncut

And correct! 3k!