Mar 29, 2024, 02:24 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Entertainment] Bi-weekly Brain Teasers 3/27-3/29

Started by Nicadean33, Mar 28, 2023, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicadean33

Welcome to The Newsstand board! If you are not aware of what The Newsstand is, you can get caught up by going to the pinned post on this board. I am not an editorial person, nor a person who would know where to start on keeping you all informed. I still read the local newspaper each day to get my news and listen to an AM radio talk show. Instead, I will be posting a couple brain teasers 2x a week. Post the correct answer and win 1k in-game! You can either respond with the answer or download the images and write on them to respond. Happy solving!

P.S. If you are interested in posting editorials to this board, please contact myself or another admin to get the rundown on how!

Brain Teaser Monday, March 27th
Each clue below leads to three rhyming words. The number of letters in each word appears in parentheses. Can you solve them?

1. Reduce the size of a light red beverage (6 4 5)
2. Animal having the smallest amount of lard smeared on it (5 7 5)
3. Do a parody of a geometry exercise mistake (5 5 4)
4. Device that records the position of a worker putting saltines in boxes (7 6 7)

Brain Teaser Tuesday, March 28th
In this crossword, you are given the first and last letters of each word (six-letter words across and five-letter words down). To solve, fill in the central letters using the randomly ordered clues.

https://gyazo.com/e07b1d2a90b27100baad7a1d5fcb7fec

Clues: dodge; curly-haired dog; poison; fanatic; planet; wound; significant

Brain Teaser Wednesday, March 29th
A club with 120 members is holding a Spring Fling dance for members only. Tickets for new members are $21 whereas tickets for longtime members are $30. As a result, all of the new members attend the dance but only 70% of the long-time members attend. How much revenue is collected from the ticket sales?

Squashini

i finished thew cwossword puzzew!! :fish:  :fish:  :jackolantern:  :sugar: You cannot see attachments on this board.

Nicadean33

Quote from: Squashini on Apr 01, 2023, 02:58 AMi finished thew cwossword puzzew!! :fish:  :fish:  :jackolantern:  :sugar: You cannot see attachments on this board.

1k your way!