[Entertainment] Bi-weekly Brain Teasers 4/24-4/28

Started by Nicadean33, Apr 25, 2023, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicadean33

Welcome to The Newsstand board! If you are not aware of what The Newsstand is, you can get caught up by going to the pinned post on this board. I am not an editorial person, nor a person who would know where to start on keeping you all informed. I still read the local newspaper each day to get my news and listen to an AM radio talk show. Instead, I will be posting a couple brain teasers every other week. Post the correct answer and win 1k in-game! You can either respond with the answer or download the images and write on them to respond. Happy solving!

P.S. If you are interested in posting editorials to this board, please contact myself or another admin to get the rundown on how!

Brain Teaser Monday, April 24th
Use the given letters to fill in the empty squares so that each row across spells a word and so that the shaded letters, clockwise from the top, spell out a big oil produces.

EASEUP
CURTLY

https://gyazo.com/031349c77484f87575113580a610c85f

Brain Teaser Tuesday, April 25th
Each letter from A through H has one of the eight values listed, and no two letters have the same value. Determine which number goes with each letter to make the equation true.

1     3     4      7
10    11    17     21

B+H=F
A+E=C
D+H=G
C+E=D
C+G=F

Brain Teaser Wednesday, April 26th
In each row, rearrange the letters in each word to come up with another word. Then think of a common saying that contains the anagrams that you've just found, keeping the words in the same order in which they appear. The number in parenthesis tells you the number of words in the saying. For example, TEAL NERVE (4) is "Better late than never.

1. EPICS FILE (6)
2. TRIKES NOIR (6)
3. PEELINGS GODS ELI (4)
4. HEWN MORE RANSOM (8)

Brain Teaser Thursday, April 27th
Each repeated letter in this 5x5 word square has been replaced by the same number everywhere it appears. Letters occurring only once are not numbered. Use letter patterns to reconstruct the grid of 10 different words (five across and five down) with the help of the randomly ordered clues.

https://gyazo.com/e7fb97c8610ee7da9dfd959cec6dc5a8

Clues: soup scoop, pips, coasters, cop's shield, IOUs, circumvent, be of use, like mosaics, valleys, narrowly defeated

Brain Teaser Friday, April 28th
Eight knights - numbered 1 through 8 - are seated facing the Round Table in such a way that any two knights sitting next to each other have numbers that are at least three apart. Additionally, knight 7 is directly opposite the knight who sits two seats to the left of knight 6. With knights 2 and 5 seated as shown, seat the rest of the knights.

Nicadean33

Seeing as this had no attempts, I will be leaving it open another week or two