Apr 20, 2024, 02:39 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Curiosity. Again.

Started by Qwerty102964, May 26, 2014, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty102964

May 26, 2014, 08:55 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:59 PM by Qwerty102964
Back in March, I hosted a big event called "Curiosity" for my two-year anniversary on SFT. Since that was such a big success, I decided that I'd bring it back once more and build/host it again - but with a few differences. For those of you who have not played before: get ready for a great time. For those of you who have played before: it's about to get a lot more difficult.

The players start in a room next to a wall made of obsidian that is 17x17 blocks. Once the game begins, they must break that wall down as quickly as possible. Behind that wall is... you guessed it, another wall. But this wall is slightly bigger than the first wall! It's 19x19 blocks! And the next one is even bigger! And so is the one after that! But don't worry - only the first wall is obsidian. The rest are stone and cobblestone. Additionally, layers are locked until they are totally exposed. For example, layer 2 will not be unlocked until all of layer 1 is gone. The players may enter and leave as they wish in order to get more supplies (pickaxes), but setting warps will be disabled, so they must make their way back to however far through the layers the game has progressed. To make things even more difficult, since these walls are vertical (not floor layers, like in the first version), players may need to do some creative building, breaking, climbing and jumping to get to different parts of the wall as it gets bigger.

This event will be hosted at around 2:00pm GMT-6 on Saturday, May 31st. The prize will be based on donations to me right before the event is hosted plus a large sum of money that I will contribute myself. Be there or be square. :3

AidenBwah

Curiosity killed the kat.

Darren64_NY

I was the first one to get out when I was Untrusted. :/
But, it was all good.

maxwolf28

awwww dang it i can't make it again. D:

natehs2000

What's the overall objective of the game?

Brightpkz

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

m1n3craft33

Fun fact, with no tools or potions it takes 4 minutes and 10 seconds to break obsidian.

SkullzCrew

gigomartin

May 27, 2014, 08:01 AM #8 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:15 AM by gigomartin
but wait will this be for pixelmon survival or both?
and is everyone gonna have his own wall?

Green_Giant

Quote from: gigomartin on May 27, 2014, 08:01 AM
but wait will this be for pixelmon survival or both?
and is everyone gonna have his own wall?
This is a survival event. Also, everyone will be digging at the same wall, much like the app game which it is based on.

Post Merge: May 27, 2014, 09:01 AM

Quote from: natehs2000 on May 27, 2014, 01:28 AM
What's the overall objective of the game?
Dig away at the wall, whoever breaks the last block of the wall wins. You can only break one layer at a time.

Qwerty102964

Thanks for answering questions Green_Giant. Been studying for finals. xD

tylerinator

Quote from: AmberKat on May 26, 2014, 08:57 PM
Curiosity killed the kat.
Curiosity is gonna kill tylerinator

deeklz

If I'm not doing anything that day, I'm up for it. Missed the last one.

Qwerty102964

Don't forget. :3

The event takes place TOMORROW (May 31) at 2:00pm GMT-6 (About 23.5 hours after this post). Be there. :D

Qwerty102964

Congratulations to GRIMIGAMING on winning! <3

Goldeneye0242

I was the first casualty of that crazy game... So much fun but I lost some pretty good stuff. :P
Why'd you turn on damage while I was falling xD
Thanks for hosting!