[Community Discussion] Mojang's new up-coming EULA and how servers stand

Started by Towelie, Jun 06, 2014, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzGotSwag

So let me see whats happening, mojang forced us to donate and get nothing in return, right? so why dont we make a mitiny at mojang xD OR make a secret donation shop that they dont realize.

EX: everyone has a now a "wallet" in their forum account that is LINKED to their IGN account, if the donate to the server, automatically, it gives than some $$$ in their wallet (depending about you donated,DU), that you can use in the GAME, (don't add it on the website, they will see it) just type a command (IDK make up a command) and click on stuff you cant, use the wallet money, and BOOM, you got stuff, but lost wallet money, the guys wont realize a thing!

M

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 06, 2014, 01:24 PM
What I took from what Notch said is you cant go restrict access to something like mining diamonds and require the user to donate to use something that should be available to them at the start. So as long as we arent withholding game content and REQUIRING the user to donate to access, we should be fine.

Our donations are optional and a way to progress your play on the server faster, everything can be obtained for free if you play and we do our best to keep it that way.
so what about pixelmon dpa? how legends are only accessible through the donator shop? But on a side note you can see where they are coming from its just  a tad drastic.

SkullzCrew

Whatever they do or don't do, I'm sticking with SFT. If the donator shop is actually not allowed to continue (although Dpa's point is valid) I will try to donate when I can. I expect about 100-200 others would do the same. But I doubt Mojang would do something so drastic, especially not to pester you into using Realms. We'll see how it turns out.

maxwolf28

What I took from what Notch said is you cant go restrict access to something like mining diamonds and require the user to donate to use something that should be available to them at the start. So as long as we arent withholding game content and REQUIRING the user to donate to access, we should be fine.

Our donations are optional and a way to progress your play on the server faster, everything can be obtained for free if you play and we do our best to keep it that way.
so anything vanilla all players have to get?

Towelie

Um no, notch is saying you can charge to host a server for people (for example, if I'm a hosting company and I rent servers) but not to sell in-game items.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: AzGotSwag on Jun 06, 2014, 02:10 PM
So let me see whats happening, mojang forced us to donate and get nothing in return, right? so why dont we make a mitiny at mojang xD OR make a secret donation shop that they dont realize.

EX: everyone has a now a "wallet" in their forum account that is LINKED to their IGN account, if the donate to the server, automatically, it gives than some $$$ in their wallet (depending about you donated,DU), that you can use in the GAME, (don't add it on the website, they will see it) just type a command (IDK make up a command) and click on stuff you cant, use the wallet money, and BOOM, you got stuff, but lost wallet money, the guys wont realize a thing!
Because my ass is on the line and I can get sued and I have sacrificed a lot for sft but my freedom I will not sacrifice for anyone or anything.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

rackoflamb

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 06, 2014, 09:30 AM
Honestly definitely disappointed in such a bad decision made by Mojang. This could definitely lead to the downfall of servers.
Totally agree, Mojang is being pretty damn stupid if this goes through.

GRIMI_

Yeah, exactly. I bought auto shops with earned in game money, and decided to buy fly with real money because it would be faster, and supporting the server.(Well, I bought part of fly because I won a competition)

Also, by donating to superfuntime, you are funding our community, and not just our minecraft server. It is clear that donating for the community is not for profit also. So, this isn't what notch is saying because he says that he doesn't want people making money(profit) off his game.

Donations are donations, not purchases really. The prices are high enough that people don't buy for the item, they buy to keep a community they love running.

If mojang in fact does cause our community(and many others probably) to crumble I will never play minecraft, or any game involved with mojang again. Your call, notch.

Green_Giant

If this goes through, I would hope that Mojang would have the decency to give licences to some honest and trustworthy server (like SFT) to allow the donation for perms. But all we can do now is be optimistic and hope for the best.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jun 06, 2014, 03:24 PM
If this goes through, I would hope that Mojang would have the decency to give licences to some honest and trustworthy server (like SFT) to allow the donation for perms. But all we can do now is be optimistic and hope for the best.
That's not gonna happen. They can't discriminate. They will either full on apply this or not.
And technically we are in violation of the ToS too, as we are offering items as donator rewards.

Eternal_Jamie

For now we just gotta wait on them updating their eula, and clarifying what they will/wont tolerate. They've said they'll gve some time to comply as well so just gotta see what happens, may not be as bad now they've seen the reaction

Loasty

Well the way i see all of this is that users are donating to the COMMUNITY and not the servers itself... Then the money for the community is used to bring us MULTIPLE game servers and not just minecraft.... And then in return for them donating to the community we give them rewards in game that can be aquired anyways....

Also what about all the plugins made for so many servers?  So they are saying that if we make a custom plugin we cant have donations for it to allow people to use it?

If this does affect anything of sft or any other mc servers i see minecraft getting shut down within a month
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

curiousartist

When will Mojang actually get it through their heads that they aren't listening to the community and that's going to kill them off?

R1mP3x

The problem is that some server owners make a living off of Minecraft servers.
Thats what has caused this problem and Non-profit servers like SFT are damaged by it.

Towelie

Quote from: R1mP3x on Jun 06, 2014, 04:56 PM
The problem is that some server owners make a living off of Minecraft servers.
Thats what has caused this problem and Non-profit servers like SFT are damaged by it.
Making a living is one thing, owning a huge ass cracked server and making it pay to win is a completely different thing. This all started from a big cracked server (won't give its name)

TheGoldenKibby

Ok, if I buy auto perms within the next week, and the update has not come out yet, will i be able to keep the perms? And if not, can I still buy the auto perms with in-game money?

Towelie

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Jun 06, 2014, 05:52 PM
Ok, if I buy auto perms within the next week, and the update has not come out yet, will i be able to keep the perms? And if not, can I still buy the auto perms with in-game money?
If you can see autoshops in our donator shop you will receive them.  if we are forced not to sell, we'll remove from donator shop

xMeowzerz

So does this mean if you have perms you will loose them??  :-\

Loasty

Quote from: xMeowzerz on Jun 06, 2014, 06:35 PM
So does this mean if you have perms you will loose them??  :-\

No because you have already donated for them BEFORE they made the changes to it and all
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Sparta123

Towelie

spen96

onionboys

So if this goes through big servers will fall, as well as people will stop playing minecraft. That will then cause minecraft youtubers who rely on servers to fall