August 1st - The end of the SFT Donator Shop as you know it.

Started by Towelie, Jun 16, 2014, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Something important you need to remember:
- IT won't mean the end of SFT

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Happysheep102

Will this mean that factions closes down? I love factions  :(

I might quit SFT and minecraft permanently if this goes ahead.

Towelie

Quote from: happysheep102 on Jun 16, 2014, 09:09 PM
Will this mean that factions closes down? I love factions  :(

I might quit SFT and minecraft permanently if this goes ahead.
Not unless we really have to.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

maxwolf28

mojang... fuck you.
maybe we can have adds on the web sight to make some money for the server?

Dpa1991

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
mojang... fuck you.
maybe we can have adds on the web sight to make some money for the server?

We tried that once, we're just not big enough for that sort of thing. I think we made like $5 in a few months or something. If I remember right (might be thinking of something else) we weren't even able to claim that $5

Chris Onyx

onionboys

What will happen to the server Miricx is making and any other servers being created

R1mP3x

QuoteCan I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features "premium" areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

So am I correct in saying that we could have:
world 1 on server 1 (free) Survival
world 2 on server 2 (donation fee for access) Survival +More room
world 3 on server 3 (donation fee for access) Minigames

World 2 would be another world 1 but with more space to build and World 3 would be the minigame/game world.
So Donations could be Permission to more space / access to the minigames, which when purchased would give you the option to connect to server 2 / 3 with bungeecord or whatever it is.
Would this work?

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jun 16, 2014, 10:21 PM
What will happen to the server Miricx is making and any other servers being created
Miricx's server is not Minecraft

mordalthunder

Make a f2p and p2p server, strip stuff from the f2p and make the p2p server 5 dollars a month.
people transferring from f2p to p2p is possible, transferring from p2p to f2p is not possible.
this is what i suggested a week ago, but nobody bothered to respond to it.

ExconHD

Quote from: mordalthunder on Jun 16, 2014, 10:44 PM
Make a f2p and p2p server, strip stuff from the f2p and make the p2p server 5 dollars a month.
people transferring from f2p to p2p is possible, transferring from p2p to f2p is not possible.
This is probably the best idea and gives SFT a fairly stable amount of money every month.

emm10

I am angry at Mojang, and sad for the other moderators that only work on tekkit or factions, as they won't be staff any more. Will they get new positions on Survival, Pixelmon, or B-Team? Or will they just not be staff anymore?

whisan

Quote from: ExconHD on Jun 16, 2014, 11:01 PM
Quote from: mordalthunder on Jun 16, 2014, 10:44 PM
This is probably the best idea and gives SFT a fairly stable amount of money every month.

like runescape. member perks n stuff

tylerinator

The end of sft?  *Cri*  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( SEND THEM  :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: AFTER MOJANG

tylerinator

As much as I love mojang and Minecon and their games. I hate you for this mojang.

Eternal_Jamie

I can' see anything involving paying for the servers we offer atm working, maybe some special server we could offer with added features such as some amazing mini games, maybe give everyone some of the donation perks we have atm might work but just offering what we do already for a one-off/regular fee would fail.

R1mP3x

Also I'll add another point I saw on reddit earlier.
QuoteThey could do something where there's a progression bar i.e. $23 / $100 and once it fills up everyone gets the bonus
So an example would be every time the server donation bar reaches 100 Euro's in donations (so hopefully 5 times a month) Access is given to servers/drops/boosts/whatever are added or given for a limited time

Chinwonder2

Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

Chinwonder2

Ahh I thought they already had enforced this rule, well I hope they wake up and realise how much hate they're getting/going to get and don't apply the rule. :/
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

Goldeneye0242

Quote from: R1mP3x on Jun 16, 2014, 11:58 PM
Also I'll add another point I saw on reddit earlier.
QuoteThey could do something where there's a progression bar i.e. $23 / $100 and once it fills up everyone gets the bonus
So an example would be every time the server donation bar reaches 100 Euro's in donations (so hopefully 5 times a month) Access is given to servers/drops/boosts/whatever are added or given for a limited time
Pretty solid idea, but the incentives for voting would still have to meet Minecraft's EULA, and then we might as well just sell those incentives.

UntrustedAlly

yeehaw

Karkafi

Twitchzz_

How much would we need to have per/m to keep it exactly how it is now?

tylerinator

Here is a great Idea. If Tow makes a youtube channel and if you donate a certain amount of money you can post videos on it. BUT in order to post videos you need to have them go past Tow. If they are approved they can be posted but we can only allow a few people to post the videos because the password would be given out.
Here is an overview
- 1-5 people have password and username tp the channel
- Donate to post videos on there
- Videos need to be approved by one of the 1-5 people to be posted
- Start of by ad revenue and go to monetizing the videos once we can

Overview of video edicit
- Keep it PG larger audiences
- Videos on SFT ONLY
- Intro and an outro
- Outro needs to have the ip for the server
- Intro needs your IGN (in game name)
-HD RECORDING

In the end SFT can make a half decent amout of money off of this.
One last thing. Tell your friends about this and we need to get the channel out but dont advertize it on other channels comments

Towelie

Will be kept. Again, we have a fund reserve, we'll be totally ok for a few months, and after that we just have to downsize and reduce our costs to further survive.

Towelie

Quote from: R1mP3x on Jun 16, 2014, 10:25 PM
QuoteCan I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features "premium" areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

So am I correct in saying that we could have:
world 1 on server 1 (free) Survival
world 2 on server 2 (donation fee for access) Survival +More room
world 3 on server 3 (donation fee for access) Minigames

World 2 would be another world 1 but with more space to build and World 3 would be the minigame/game world.
So Donations could be Permission to more space / access to the minigames, which when purchased would give you the option to connect to server 2 / 3 with bungeecord or whatever it is.
Would this work?

Miricx's server is not Minecraft
Nope, mojang said that you can charge for access to your server but not to parts of it.