August 1st - The end of the SFT Donator Shop as you know it.

Started by Towelie, Jun 16, 2014, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 17, 2014, 03:28 PM
We can add back the donation bar we had in 2012-2013

At 75 euros, Everyone gets Haste for x hour(s)
At 150 euros, Double XP for x hour(s)
At 250 euros, Jump boost for x hour(s)
At 350 euros, Double SFTMMO XP for x hour(s)
At 450 euros, Health boost for x hour(s)
At 500 euros, big drop party/ unique event
Yup, sounds good.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

emm10

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 04:55 PM
Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 17, 2014, 03:28 PM
We can add back the donation bar we had in 2012-2013

At 75 euros, Everyone gets Haste for x hour(s)
At 150 euros, Double XP for x hour(s)
At 250 euros, Jump boost for x hour(s)
At 350 euros, Double SFTMMO XP for x hour(s)
At 450 euros, Health boost for x hour(s)
At 500 euros, big drop party/ unique event
Yup, sounds good.

But wouldn't it take almost a month for the shop to bring in 500 dollars? I wasn't part of the community back when the donation shop was like that, but it seems that those are some pretty high numbers.

curiousartist

Quote from: rens0wntnoob on Jun 16, 2014, 08:30 PM
i hope mojang knows what they're doing.they're going to fuck up their playerbase so bad.
They probably dont. Mojang is about as disconnected from their playerbase as you can get...

tylerinator

I dont totally get it. The rule for EULA are not changing they are now just being enforce alot more. So why cant we just keep the donations coming?

spen96

Well mojang just destroyed whatever faith people had in their company, gg.

emm10

Congratulations Notch, you made me completely hate you, instead of partially hating you for the whole VR Facebook fiasco. Now you've screwed us with a brand new EULA!

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: tylerinator on Jun 18, 2014, 02:33 PM
I dont totally get it. The rule for EULA are not changing they are now just being enforce alot more. So why cant we just keep the donations coming?
Because they are enforcing it now whilst before they didn't give a shit... i.e threatening legal action which would lead to trouble for towelie irl.

Towelie

Quote from: Chris7500 on Jun 18, 2014, 04:59 PM
Would something like donating to design a steve co crate set (obviously with approval from Towelie and other owners/admins) work? Or even the addition of named items? (For example, I donate X amount of money and a Chris7500's Sword becomes purchasable in game for everyone)
Quote from: Chris7500 on Jun 18, 2014, 04:59 PM
Would something like donating to design a steve co crate set (obviously with approval from Towelie and other owners/admins) work? Or even the addition of named items? (For example, I donate X amount of money and a Chris7500's Sword becomes purchasable in game for everyone)
Good question, not sure if it's completely allowed.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Goldeneye0242

^ good idea if implemented correctly
I think it would be fine

Jalapinos

Not to ruin the hate-buzz (not that its not well deserved) Would it be ok or at least detectable if you sold everything as a custom donation. like contacting staff and asking them for items in return by paying manualy through paypal. that way we can still buy ranks an items. if you ask me this sounds even better than the original becuase its more personal.

Towelie

Quote from: Jalapinos on Jun 19, 2014, 03:43 AM
Not to ruin the hate-buzz (not that its not well deserved) Would it be ok or at least detectable if you sold everything as a custom donation. like contacting staff and asking them for items in return by paying manualy through paypal. that way we can still buy ranks an items. if you ask me this sounds even better than the original becuase its more personal.
That's still not allowed under mojang's new EULA.

Jalapinos

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 19, 2014, 04:21 AM
You could consider it personal... then what the fuck can they do...

And im training to be a lawyer and the phrase think like a lawyer means something. there is always a way around it. if you cant sell an item sell a command to get an item. how the player uses the command it not your problem.

maxwolf28

Quote from: Jalapinos on Jun 19, 2014, 05:50 AM

And im training to be a lawyer and the phrase think like a lawyer means something. there is always a way around it. if you cant sell an item sell a command to get an item. how the player uses the command it not your problem.
but the thing is they could say the command would modify in-game play.

Jalapinos

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 19, 2014, 06:12 AM

Well then think like a lawyer agian. Getting trails could effect how people respect you changing how you play in the game... therefor trials modify in-game play. diferance from that and commands is up to you.

deeklz

Quote from: Jalapinos on Jun 19, 2014, 07:15 AM
Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 19, 2014, 06:12 AM

Well then think like a lawyer agian. Getting trails could effect how people respect you changing how you play in the game... therefor trials modify in-game play. diferance from that and commands is up to you.

Getting trails are completely cosmetic. It doesn't change how people respect you - you could become an admin and people respect you.

If you get trails, you're not going to become a billionaire, are you? Trails do not modify your play. They only make you cooler. It doesn't give you any buffs, it's purely cosmetic.