Mar 28, 2024, 10:07 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

The EULA won't kill SFT, seriously!

Started by Towelie, Jun 17, 2014, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Ok so, I feel like in my post "August 1st - The end of the SFT Donator Shop as you know it." I may have scared some of you and that my post is too negative, mainly because I was distraught at the time.

Even if the worst case scenario happens and Mojang starts cracking on servers starting August 1st prohibiting all donations except cosmetic ones. I believe we will be able to raise enough donations to support SFT even like that. However, there is a difference between the SFT that is today and the sacrifices we might have to make:

SFT Today:
- We have 5 Dedicated servers and a VPS around the world:
  - one for survival/bteam, one for pixelmon
  - one for the multitude of smaller servers (parkour, tekkit, derpy, eventhost server, spawntown build server, pocket server, etc)
  - one for factions, creative and small servers for the developers / staff training, etc
  - one for the website

- We have a multitude of other expenses:
  - cPanel WHM license for the webserver
  - Cloudflare license for the webserver
  - Mediafire Business and Dropbox Pro for the pixelmon/survival servers (backups/downloads/etc)
  - TCAdmin license for hosting servers and giving access to devs and so to them
  - Several Buycraft licensess
  - DayZ Server Hosting
  - TTT Server Hosting

- Other expenses:
  - Developing costs (we don't pay our developers because we cannot afford, but every other month, we try to create paid projects or bonuses so it keeps them motivated and interested)
  - Advertising costs
  - Maintenance costs

If we were to stop receiving the donations today, we would have to cancel pretty much everything but one Canadian server (where survival + pixelmon would run) and the webserver (where the website runs). This reduces our expenses to a minimum but means SFT will only have two servers: Survival and Pixelmon. Again, this is the worst case scenario. Maybe we will receive enough donations to support more than this, or maybe not.

So my point: SFT won't die. Don't panic. We won't be able to provide the Services we provide now, but it won't die.

PS: We do have to worry but you don't. We are the server owners, we have to worry and deal with this, you just have to play and be happy and if you like our servers vote/donate for us.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dogggeh

i hope it doesnt come down to only the two servers... i love bteam

Chinwonder2

I don't care how small SFT gets, I've been in this community for a long time
now (almost 2 years) I've been and still staff and I would hate to see it go (which won't happen :)

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

gigomartin

but wait :/ THIS IS HORRIBLE that means it will be ligitly inpossible to get any legends in pixelmon also no rare candys cus they are banned that will kinda destroy the game (you can get mew but nobody found one in more then 2 months)

onionboys

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 08:45 AM
but wait :/ THIS IS HORRIBLE that means it will be ligitly inpossible to get any legends in pixelmon also no rare candys cus they are banned that will kinda destroy the game (you can get mew but nobody found one in more then 2 months)
Rare candies not being able to be bought isnt bad, you can just level up normally like the reset of the server

gigomartin

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jun 17, 2014, 09:23 AM
Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 08:45 AM
Rare candies not being able to be bought isnt bad, you can just level up normally like the reset of the server
yea okay but think about the other things like legendarys and stuff

Eternal_Jamie

@gigo don't worry about it I'm sure dpa will be working on a way to keep things like that obtainable.

gigomartin

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 17, 2014, 11:11 AM
@gigo don't worry about it I'm sure dpa will be working on a way to keep things like that obtainable.
kk but ethernal can you look to my last post of the other topic to cus i kinda want to know that

Toxic_Foxtrot69

I think this thread is going sideways from Towelie's intended path. What i would like to know is: How many member+ will still donate to SFT knowing that you may not be receiving anything in return.

I for one will continue to donate and help out SFT no matter what the future may be.

Thank you Towelie and DPA for everything you do for us!

Your local survival Mod
Toxic

gigomartin

well i would want to donate but my mom just wont agree she is being like "its just a game" even when i do get a reward its sad ;(

Post Merge: Jun 17, 2014, 11:36 AM

why dont we add a poll to this?

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Toxic_Foxtrot69 on Jun 17, 2014, 11:32 AM
I think this thread is going sideways from Towelie's intended path. What i would like to know is: How many member+ will still donate to SFT knowing that you may not be receiving anything in return.

I for one will continue to donate and help out SFT no matter what the future may be.

Thank you Towelie and DPA for everything you do for us!

Your local survival Mod
Toxic
Even if folk say they will it's no guarantee. We really can't rely on goodwill donations S:

Goldeneye0242

I would love to donate, but I don't have a credit card. Do those prepaid debit cards work?

Jyncs

Quote from: Goldeneye0242 on Jun 17, 2014, 12:45 PM
I would love to donate, but I don't have a credit card. Do those prepaid debit cards work?
Anything you can use through Paypal will work.

8d2

It would kill SFT because it would remove derpy.

Derpy is my life!

deeklz

Quote from: 8d2 on Jun 17, 2014, 05:22 PM
It would kill SFT because it would remove derpy.

Derpy is my life!

Are you... ?

But seriously, just because it would remove derpy doesn't mean it's going to kill SFT. Now, if it removed Pixelmon and Survival, that would kill SFT.

Barely any people play on Derpy anyways. Pretty much 5-7 people online. It's not going to kill Derpy, but nice try at such a comment.

Chous

If you put all your effort into pixelmon and survival, into a game you have admitted is dying, that's just stupid.

SETHAWESOMEST

The fact that SFT is slowly dwindling down because of Mojang is extremely saddening, I had no idea about any of this until now  :'(

Goldeneye0242

This post it turning into exactly what Tow is trying to tell us NOT to do.
This isn't the end of SFT, there just might be some tough times ahead.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jun 18, 2014, 06:52 AM
If you put all your effort into pixelmon and survival, into a game you have admitted is dying, that's just stupid.
Well they're the servers which pay the bills to keep other games like gmod up, so we should not keep them and just close everything? Need to put some effort into them. Thanks for your helpful attitude, always a blessing in important discussions.

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 18, 2014, 11:25 AM
Well they're the servers which pay the bills to keep other games like gmod up, so we should not keep them and just close everything? Need to put some effort into them. Thanks for your helpful attitude, always a blessing in important discussions.
^

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Oh please share your great wisdom and teach us what we should put all our effort in.

Goldeneye0242

SFT was survival, is survival, and will always be survival. Please stop complaining about how your precious servers are going away. We have to take a step back and be cautious of SFT's budget in these upcoming months. This isn't THE END of all these different servers. We just have to put them on hold until we can figure out this whole EULA thing.
This is a time to step up, not to sit and complain.
Do something useful.

spen96

Clearly its not dying if the playerbase of pixelmon keeps growing, nice attitude though really helpful in this kind of situation.

Kingcozza

The attitudes of some people on this subject makes me feel sick. SFT will not die, many servers may be removed because of Mojang's stupidity, but that doesn't mean we won't have the servers which bring most of the player base SFT gets. Please get this into your head. Yes your favourite servers may go but it's not the end.

The Lovin Spoon

if people are leaving the community because of this, i wouldnt be mad at all

it just show that they're unloyal for not helping the owner of the community from a situation like this, so they can just as good leave. So yeah, this wouldnt be a big problem in my opinion, if the playerbase is as loyal as they say

but sure, the bills is a problem, though