Mar 28, 2024, 07:03 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

It's that time of the year

Started by Towelie, Jun 30, 2014, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 30, 2014, 02:32 PM Last Edit: Jul 02, 2014, 04:43 AM by Towelie
Added poll, please vote!

Lniks to charities:
http://www.wcrf.org/
http://www.spcai.org/
http://www.oxfam.org/
http://www.womancareglobal.org/
http://www.altso.org/
http://www.worldwildlife.org/about

And now details about how this campaign will be run:
After the poll ends, we will add a special donator item in our donator shop for the charity that wins.
This will go for a month, and after a month, all of the proceedings from that charity will go to the charity (this will be done open and transparently and during a livestream.

Everyone who donates to that campaign will receive a special "hat" (leather armor cap) customized to this occasion. The hat will have no enchantments other than unbreaking 10, so this will be purely decorative and to mark the fact that you donated for that charity.

PS: To see how much was donated for the charity, we will post screenshots such as this one that shows the names of the donators, dates and you can get total amount by adding everything together.
There is no other way of doing this with buycraft

Not sure if you remember, but a while back we had a donation run and we donated 50% of that month's income to the charity Childs' Play.
It went good, however, due to suggestions from the past thread, this time I will let you all suggest a charity then we will have a poll to determine which charity we will donate to.
We will then run a special campaign and donate the income of that campaign to the charity.

So here it goes, name your charity.

Requirements:
It has to be a reputable worldwide charity (such as Red Cross, Child's Play, Electronic Frontier Fundation, etc)

I don't know about you but I feel like things such as these should be done often and we should give something back to the world!

So yeah, name your charity, I will do a poll after i get several charity names then we vote.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

The Lovin Spoon

is that really a good idea now with the EULA and shit

Brightpkz

Oxfam!

But I think we should make sure we have enough funds.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Karkafi

Pretty sure Tow knows if he has the funds to do that or not.. I suggest http://www.booksforafrica.org/

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: brE on Jun 30, 2014, 02:55 PM
is that really a good idea now with the EULA and shit
Gonna do some special donation option(s) just for this campaign and have that proceed go to the charity so we'll be k money wise.

itsConnor_

Jun 30, 2014, 03:18 PM #5 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014, 03:24 PM by itsConnor_
Charity Suggestions:
Passage

"Our aim is to provide homelss people with support to transform their own lives"
A fantastic charity helping the homeless get off the streets and have a life & they don't get a whole lot of donations, so our donation could go a long way.

Great Ormond Street Hospital
"Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity raises money to enable the hospital to provide world class care and to pioneer new treatments and cures for childhood illnesses.

With over 220,000 patient visits every year, we need your support to help us give hope to our young patients and their families. "

Where the money goes

They do amazing work, saving children's lives each day (also saved my vision); a very worth while cause.

I think it would be nice to help a smaller charity, as opposed to the huge ones (e.g. Red Cross, Water Aid) - all of these are very worthwhile charities, but they already get a lot of donations and perhaps some of the money gets spent on marketing, etc. (no disrespect)

Also:
-Kiva's an interesting one: loan poorer people money to help transform their lives; you even get the money back afterwards!
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

Sparkle_Sun

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)

So many animals are abused, neglected, and killed every day :'(
This society helps animals from all over find good loving homes!

emm10

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jun 30, 2014, 04:59 PM

As long as we aren't supporting PETA, I'd rather our donations not go to suing Nintendo about Mario.

Towelie

Quote from: emm10 on Jun 30, 2014, 05:03 PM
Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jun 30, 2014, 04:59 PM

As long as we aren't supporting PETA, I'd rather our donations not go to suing Nintendo about Mario.
Yeah, PETA out of the start is a huge NO!
They are involved in too much crazy stuff.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

happypinecones

World Cancer Research Fund
More then 20,000 people a day die from cancer. 20,000 families ripped apart a day. 20,000 deaths a day that has a potential to be stopped.

I guess I choose this as it effects me so closely.  Three of my close family relatives have been affected with cancer. My Mom my Dad and my Granddad. My Dad was affected with a drain tumor/cancer. He may not have died but he now can only walk with a walking stick, he has terrible balance and has double vision in his left eye. Not that bad, is it? Well all those times where I will think "Hey dad, want to play some football (soccer)?" or "Want to go for a cycle ride?", those times are when it affects me.

My Mom, she had a cancer that 1/3 women get, breast cancer. This will not affect me that much other then her right arm is very week and she gets a lot of pain but in her point of view it mush be very difficult and horrible. She had one of the worst cases which led to some nasty thing I don't want to go into.

My Granddad had a Throat Cancer. This is the worst of the three. The nurses released to my Mom that after his operation he would have a 30% chance of living. The next day we saw him lying in intensive care. Very luckily, he was alive (just). Now he cannot taste many things. He finds it hard to swallow, and has to take daily pills.

I have been very lucky. Not one of them has died, still living on with the problems with cancer. Many people are not so lucky. Please donate to World Cancer Research Fund to help save more families, to detect cancer quicker to reduce the after affects and to stop/reduce that ever horrible cancer death toll.

willhill2000

Quote from: happypinecones on Jun 30, 2014, 06:08 PM
More then 20,000 people a day die from cancer. 20,000 families ripped apart a day. 20,000 deaths a day that has a potential to be stopped.

I guess I choose this as it effects me so closely.  Three of my close family relatives have been affected with cancer. My Mom my Dad and my Granddad. My Dad was affected with a drain tumor/cancer. He may not have died but he now can only walk with a walking stick, he has terrible balance and has double vision in his left eye. Not that bad, is it? Well all those times where I will think "Hey dad, want to play some football (soccer)?" or "Want to go for a cycle ride?", those times are when it affects me.

My Mom, she had a cancer that 1/3 women get, breast cancer. This will not affect me that much other then her right arm is very week and she gets a lot of pain but in her point of view it mush be very difficult and horrible. She had one of the worst cases which led to some nasty thing I don't want to go into.

My Granddad had a Throat Cancer. This is the worst of the three. The nurses released to my Mom that after his operation he would have a 30% chance of living. The next day we saw him lying in intensive care. Very luckily, he was alive (just). Now he cannot taste many things. He finds it hard to swallow, and has to take daily pills.

I have been very lucky. Not one of them has died, still living on with the problems with cancer. Many people are not so lucky. Please donate to World Cancer Research Fund to help save more families, to detect cancer quicker to reduce the after affects and to stop/reduce that ever horrible cancer death toll.
I double this, Very well put happy <3 Keep yo head up troll! ;)

happypinecones

Quote from: willhill2000 on Jun 30, 2014, 06:18 PM

I double this, Very well put happy <3 Keep yo head up troll! ;)
Thanks will!

Green_Giant

Totally agree with this.

AidenBwah

I entirely agree with this.

jimbob0102

cancer research. cancer has taken too many lives. WAY to many lives

happypinecones

Jun 30, 2014, 08:46 PM #15 Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014, 06:15 AM by happypinecones
Quote from: jimbob0102 on Jun 30, 2014, 07:19 PM
cancer research. cancer has taken too many lives. WAY to many lives
This is not a world wide charity, that is my I choose world cancer research fund over cancer research, they both do the same thing just one on a much larger scale.

Qwerty102964

PETA has nothing to do with the SPCA. It's all about animal rights and such... SPCA is just about rescuing and finding homes for abused or neglected animals. I think it is a much better organization. :)

katoon123

ChoctheMilkman

Im all for Cancer Research Charity, i lost a close family friend to Cancer just this week, it would mean a lot if you chose this Charity

Towelie

Quote from: itsConnor_ on Jun 30, 2014, 03:18 PM
Charity Suggestions:
Passage

"Our aim is to provide homelss people with support to transform their own lives"
A fantastic charity helping the homeless get off the streets and have a life & they don't get a whole lot of donations, so our donation could go a long way.

Great Ormond Street Hospital
"Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity raises money to enable the hospital to provide world class care and to pioneer new treatments and cures for childhood illnesses.

With over 220,000 patient visits every year, we need your support to help us give hope to our young patients and their families. "

Where the money goes

They do amazing work, saving children's lives each day (also saved my vision); a very worth while cause.

I think it would be nice to help a smaller charity, as opposed to the huge ones (e.g. Red Cross, Water Aid) - all of these are very worthwhile charities, but they already get a lot of donations and perhaps some of the money gets spent on marketing, etc. (no disrespect)

Also:
-Kiva's an interesting one: loan poorer people money to help transform their lives; you even get the money back afterwards!

It's a local charity from what I'm noticing.
We're looking for global charities as not everyone is from the same place.

Towelie

Towelie

Quote from: Qwerty102964 on Jun 30, 2014, 11:00 PM
PETA has nothing to do with the SPCA. It's all about animal rights and such... SPCA is just about rescuing and finding homes for abused or neglected animals. I think it is a much better organization. :)
I know, I was just saying so peopel don't suggest PETA xD

Towelie

Original post updated, poll added

Lucazade13

I suggest we go for the Red Cross War memorials children's hospital

I was there on a school outing about a week ago and just seeing how old the wards look they could really use some help with funds.

They are the only children's hospital like this in the whole of Africa

They are getting loads of patients all the time from all over Africa witch is costing a huge amount to transport them

So if you ask me i suggest we help them

Thanks for reading this :)

Lucazade

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

Towelie

Quote from: lucazade13 on Jul 01, 2014, 06:38 AM
I suggest we go for the Red Cross War memorials children's hospital

I was there on a school outing about a week ago and just seeing how old the wards look they could really use some help with funds.

They are the only children's hospital like this in the whole of Africa

They are getting loads of patients all the time from all over Africa witch is costing a huge amount to transport them

So if you ask me i suggest we help them

Thanks for reading this :)

Lucazade
Thank you for suggesting but we are only sponsoring global charities (as we want something that would benefit everyone across the world)