Mar 28, 2024, 01:26 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Guide] Autoshops 101

Started by Towelie, Nov 02, 2014, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Nov 02, 2014, 03:23 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2021, 03:53 AM by D_Doge23
Quote from: tobminer on Nov 02, 2014, 03:33 AMAuto shops are a fun addon to SFT that let shop owners stock items and set buy and sell prices.
They do come with their share of responsibilities, though.

In particular, a shop owner may allow players to sell diamonds to the shop.  Diamonds are expensive - buying a full chest of diamonds can drain a player's bank account!  Shop owners need to consider such things before deciding to buy and sell an item.

How can shop owners protect themselves?

First, try comparing item prices across other shop owner's stores

Second, you may not want to allow players to sell certain items to your shop.  Simply omit the sell price information from the sign.

Third, by setting the sell price very low so they don't drain your bank balance.

Finally, you can limit the number of items that you will accept by filling your chest with dirt and leave only a few spaces open for buying and selling.  For example, let's say you buy and sell diamonds at your auto shop.  The slots of your chest would look like this:

[Diamond][Diamond][Dirt][Dirt][...]

In this example, sellers would be limited to 2 stacks of diamonds total.  If they try to sell more to your shop, they will get a "no more space" message.

Remember, it is common for players to buy items at one shop and try to sell them for a higher price at another shop.  Consider the above tips to prevent a large sell transaction from taking you by surprise.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796