Mar 28, 2024, 07:37 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

What is an illegal build on the server (EXACTLY)

Started by HappyNem, Nov 28, 2014, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyNem

Nov 28, 2014, 04:47 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2022, 02:50 AM by TheStarNomad✯
NOTE: This post is to help explain details of rules contained in our general rules thread.  If you believe something in this post contradicts a rule stated elsewhere, please bring it to the attention of a staff member.  Thank you!

Hello SFT Players,

I would talk about the topic of "what is illegal for players to build on the server". This has been discussed by the staff team, and is now final.  Some of these may be common knowledge, others items are new, but we wanted to make sure the rules were black and white; we do not want any gray areas for people to be unclear.

Piston limits:
Guest: Piston placement for slimefun ONLY.
Members: 40
Veterans: 60
Elite+: 80

Definitions

Spawners
Fake Spawners - Player builds a dark room to spawn mobs and uses water to push them to a place to kill.
Mob drop - Any spawner that drops the mods a distance and injures them to make it easier to kill them.
Auto kill - Kills the spawned mob (fake spawner or real) via drop, piston suffocation, or drowning and gathers the resource.

Redstone
Automated clocks - A redstone machine, that runs automatically using a clock system.
Auto cobblestone/Obsidian Generator - A Redstone machine made to mix water and lava to make cobblestone or obsidian forever.
Auto Sorter - Players put items in a chest and dispensers and hoppers sort them out to another chest.
Auto Furnace - Player puts cookable items in a chest; items are pulled from the chest, cooked, and placed back in another chest.
Auto Brewing Station - A brewing station that creates potions with a press of a button.
Auto farm #1 (any product) - A (Redstone) build that allows the player to harvest crops 100% AFK.
Auto farm #2 (any product) - A (Redstone) build that helps a player harvest crops but they must be there.
Water use - A Player uses dumped water to flow down to break crops.
Pistons - A Player uses pistons to break crops.

Rules:

Spawners:
Fake - illegal
Drop - illegal (blaze exception)
Auto Kill - illegal

Redstone machines:
Auto clock system - illegal
Auto Cobblestone/Obsidian - illegal
Auto Sorter - legal, max size is 100 hoppers.
Auto Furnace - legal
Auto Brewing Station -  legal
AFK farm - illegal
AFK fishing - illegal
AFK Auto farm - illegal
Flying Machines - illegal
Hoppers - More than 100 hoppers in 1 protection/area (keep them 20 chunks apart) is illegal                               

Semi Auto Farm:
Water - Legal, size limited 1 farm 30 blocks wide x 40 blocks long.
Pistons - illegal

Automatic Cactus farm - illegal

Thanks,
HappyNem  ;D

yuniorroca

Just wondering for the water build do we have to do it by hand or can we do it by dispencers =)

lionblaze10

I am curious as to why the dark room, non-kill spawners are illegal as they are a good source of exp for players who do not want to use a player owned spwan room where people sit and hoard the exp and loot?
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 21, 2015, 05:52 PM
I am curious as to why the dark room, non-kill spawners are illegal as they are a good source of exp for players who do not want to use a player owned spwan room where people sit and hoard the exp and loot?
The server has limits on how many mobs of any type can be around at one time. So if everyone started making things like that "real" spawners could stop working as well or there'd be fewer wild mobs.

lionblaze10

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jan 21, 2015, 06:22 PM
Quote from: lionblaze10 on Jan 21, 2015, 05:52 PM
The server has limits on how many mobs of any type can be around at one time. So if everyone started making things like that "real" spawners could stop working as well or there'd be fewer wild mobs.

Thanks Jamie

paul_weebird

this is the worse thing happend my fake spawner is gone /:

Jasper

Feb 09, 2015, 06:54 PM #6 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015, 08:29 PM by Jasper
So just for some clarification: we're allowed to make massive, fully manual farms, right?

EDIT: :D thanks Chill!

Chill2000

Quote from: Jasper on Feb 09, 2015, 06:54 PM
So just for some clarification: we're allowed to make massive, fully manual farms, right?
Yes! :)
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

paul_weebird

hmm I think a mob crusher with a spawner then they spawn and pushes down with a stickey piston and there crushes that's illegal or lag?

Cr1_98

Quote from: Paul_Weebird on Mar 06, 2015, 11:20 PM
hmm I think a mob crusher with a spawner then they spawn and pushes down with a stickey piston and there crushes that's illegal or lag?
Automatic mob crushers are illegal yes, because you are killing the mobs without any player interaction and so you are getting free items for nothing and there is the is the slight bit of lag caused by the redstone as well.  :)

bjc20

this rule kinda made me a bit mad just becuase i didnt relize that it was not allowed to make auto farms so i started making a 32x32x32 auto farm...

Please change this rule it really limits what useful things you can make.
if you guys keep this rule in place put it in the rule book so that newer players know what they can and cant do.

Green_Giant

Quote from: bjc20 on Mar 23, 2015, 09:48 AM
this rule kinda made me a bit mad just becuase i didnt relize that it was not allowed to make auto farms so i started making a 32x32x32 auto farm...

if you guys keep this rule in place put it in the rule book so that newer players know what they can and cant do.
I can add some signs to spawn to help with this, but I know players don't like reading paragraphs of text on signs.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: bjc20 on Mar 23, 2015, 09:48 AM

this rule ill admit is not as known as it should be but you can still build your farm i actually have a farm thats 100 by 100 in the sky over my house that i was gonna make auto until i saw this rule but it wasnt too hard to alter the design besides with sftmmo farmer you get more out of breaking it by hand once you hit lvl 50

lionblaze10

Just for clarification, these rule are all still updated, yes? I am thinking of building a new auto farm, but I need to make sure the rules are still updated. Second, can I use dispensers to place the water or does it need to be done by hand?
~lionblaze10

Kaninka

Quote from: lionblaze10 on Apr 23, 2015, 05:28 AM
Just for clarification, these rule are all still updated, yes? I am thinking of building a new auto farm, but I need to make sure the rules are still updated. Second, can I use dispensers to place the water or does it need to be done by hand?
~lionblaze10

We haven't had reason to change them yet :)  :zombie:

If the water is for: A Player uses dumped water to flow down to break crops., then not allowed.
If you need normal water placed in order for the crops to grow, you can ask a mod if everything fails, they can expand a water block :)

platerfin

Jasper

I need clarification for something: are automatic cactus farms legal? they use 0 redstone themselves except for a dropper system to transport all the cactus. they look a little something like this

Kaninka

Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 01:28 AMI need clarification for something: are automatic cactus farms legal? they use 0 redstone themselves except for a dropper system to transport all the cactus. they look a little something like this

Considering how it works, you can be AFK while it harvest blocks to you, making it an AFK auto farm: Illegal  :zombie:

Jasper

Quote from: Kaninka on Jul 10, 2015, 08:37 AM
Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 01:28 AMI need clarification for something: are automatic cactus farms legal? they use 0 redstone themselves except for a dropper system to transport all the cactus. they look a little something like this

Considering how it works, you can be AFK while it harvest blocks to you, making it an AFK auto farm: Illegal  :zombie:

Alright, tnx m88

SuperJK

Quote from: HappyNem on Nov 28, 2014, 04:47 PMHello SFT Players,

I would talk about the topic of "what is illegal for players to build on the server". This has been discussed by the staff team, and is now final.  Some of these may be common knowledge, others items are new, but we wanted to make sure the rules were black and white; we do not want any gray areas for people to be unclear.

Definitions

Spawners
Fake Spawners - Player builds a dark room to spawn mobs and uses water to push them to a place to kill.
Mob drop - Any spawner that drops the mods a distance and injures them to make it easier to kill them.
Auto kill - Kills the spawned mob (fake spawner or real) via drop or drowning and gathers the resource.

Redstone
Auto cobblestone/Obsidian Generator - A Redstone machine made to mix water and lava to make cobblestone or obsidian forever.
Auto Sorter - Players put items in a chest and dispensers and hoppers sort them out to another chest.
Auto Furnace - Player puts cookable items in a chest; items are pulled from the chest, cooked, and placed back in another chest.
Auto Brewing Station - A brewing station that creates potions with a press of a button.
Auto farm #1 (any product) - A Redstone b uild that allows the player to harvest crops 100% AFK.

Auto farm #2 (any product) - A Redstone build that helps a player harvest crops but they must be there.
Water use - A Player uses dumped water to flow down to break crops.
Pistons - A Player uses pistons to break crops.

Rules:

Spawners:
Fake - illegal
Drop - illegal (blaze exception)
Auto Kill - illegal

Redstone machines:
Auto Cobblestone/Obsidian - illegal
Auto Sorter - legal, Max size is 200 chests.
Auto Furnace - legal
Auto Brewing Station -  legal
AFK Auto farm - illegal

Semi Auto Farm:
Water - Legal, size limited 1 farm 10 blocks wide x 20 blocks long.
Pistons - illegal

Thanks,
HappyNem  ;D

I can Only Make Legit spawners with water and drops cuz i can't make other spawners Happy Nem k

/warp SteveCoMuseum

butterpants.

A few weeks ago I met a guy that built a D... I reported it and the building was destroyed

Chocobo123456

Does this build count as an ilegal build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHrieM9994 Its a video containing the farm and shows whats it about so if you see this Happynem and tell me if its allowed or not It will be nice =D

misspiggy95

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 13, 2016, 05:36 PMDoes this build count as an ilegal build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHrieM9994 Its a video containing the farm and shows whats it about so if you see this Happynem and tell me if its allowed or not It will be nice =D

That would definitely count as an illegal build.
It requires no work and can constantly reproduce the chicken meat.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Chocobo123456

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Dec 13, 2016, 05:51 PM
Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 13, 2016, 05:36 PMDoes this build count as an ilegal build?

Would it count if i made it to where i would have to lead the chickens into the chambers and have to cook them like that?

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Chocobo123456 on Dec 13, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote from: misspiggy95 on Dec 13, 2016, 05:51 PM

Would it count if i made it to where i would have to lead the chickens into the chambers and have to cook them like that?
As long as nothing is "automatic" and it requires you to be online and working with it, then it's fine

Long time StarNomad

Bosslaya

What if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 05, 2017, 05:28 AMWhat if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?

Yes that is allowed.

Bosslaya

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jan 05, 2017, 06:42 AM
Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 05, 2017, 05:28 AMWhat if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?

Yes that is allowed.
I thought so because I have to be online to collect.

MichaelNiro

So just to clarify with the spawner situation, if we FIND an already existing spawer, say a skele spawner in a cave, are we still allowed to claim that as our own and build around it or is that "illegal"?

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: MichaelNiro on Jan 12, 2017, 02:43 AMSo just to clarify with the spawner situation, if we FIND an already existing spawer, say a skele spawner in a cave, are we still allowed to claim that as our own and build around it or is that "illegal"?

Finding existing spawners and protecting them is completely allowed. You just can't build auto killers via crushers. Other then that building it into a grinder is allowed.

Dartz

So For the automated farms. I have a cactus farm that uses no redstone. I have fences that break the cactus and i have water that pushes the cactus towards hoppers. Is that illegal?

Nicadean33

Quote from: Dartz on Jul 28, 2017, 03:03 AMSo For the automated farms. I have a cactus farm that uses no redstone. I have fences that break the cactus and i have water that pushes the cactus towards hoppers. Is that illegal?

No, that is illegal. It allows for the harvest of items without the player doing any interaction. Also, it lags the area if it is of a bigger size.

Dartz

Protecter3

Can we use redstone lamps or togglable lights to harvest crops, and are simple iron farms allowed?
Also, are semi-automatic smooth/cobble stone farms using pistons to move the stone to allow more stone to form allowed?

Nicadean33

Quote from: Protecter3 on Jul 31, 2017, 04:52 PMCan we use redstone lamps or togglable lights to harvest crops, and are simple iron farms allowed?
Also, are semi-automatic smooth/cobble stone farms using pistons to move the stone to allow more stone to form allowed?

You have to hit the switch on the light. Iron farms are a no go, won't work anyway with farm limiter, and no on the cobble/stone farms.

truewolfmaster

ima be honest this one is kinda dumb tbh it causes 0 lag and no redstone
Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

HD

Quote from: truewolfmaster on Oct 04, 2017, 03:17 AM

Lag and red stone doesn't have to do with this decision. You can harvest the cactus and be AFK at the same time, leave the keyboard and come back with resources you didn't even try to get it yourself. It is auto that you don't do it yourself, the game and the machine does it for you. Perfectly good reason why this is illegal and not dumb

truewolfmaster

Quote from: Halla on Oct 05, 2017, 06:38 AM

Lag and red stone doesn't have to do with this decision. You can harvest the cactus and be AFK at the same time, leave the keyboard and come back with resources you didn't even try to get it yourself. It is auto that you don't do it yourself, the game and the machine does it for you. Perfectly good reason why this is illegal and not dumb
could you redstone pistons and make it semi auto

Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

HD

Quote from: truewolfmaster on Oct 05, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Halla on Oct 05, 2017, 06:38 AM

could you redstone pistons and make it semi auto

Semi autos aren't allowed either, but ask the Staff Team for more information/confirmation

FinalTest

Since there have been some better/less laggy designs for item sorters recently, is there any way that the hopper limit can be increased (maybe 200? with a good design 200 hoppers don't cause that much more lag than 100)? Or at least increased for certain/approved designs (e.g. designs that only run when items need to be sorted)?

Bosslaya

is a system where you flick a lever and it activates a piston allowed?you cant afk with it.

Lady_Carissa

Updated the Piston Section!

Welcome to all the new players and thanks for reading the rules.

Lou671998

I'm curious as to why pistons are illegal in semi auto farms, I'm certain this didn't used to be the case. Players already have individual piston limits, reducing the potential size of farms and lag created by pistons. perhaps a better solution to lag would be to limit the number of pistons firing within a number of ticks? you could quite easily reduce the lag of medium sized piston farms just by firing each level at a different time. If its the production of items we're worried about, fortune and MCMMO make manual farms more efficient anyway. Was just wondering if we could get this reviewed?
I used to be lou, I have ascended.

Lady_Carissa

Quote from: Lou671998 on Sep 16, 2020, 11:48 AMI'm curious as to why pistons are illegal in semi auto farms, I'm certain this didn't used to be the case. Players already have individual piston limits, reducing the potential size of farms and lag created by pistons. perhaps a better solution to lag would be to limit the number of pistons firing within a number of ticks? you could quite easily reduce the lag of medium sized piston farms just by firing each level at a different time. If its the production of items we're worried about, fortune and MCMMO make manual farms more efficient anyway. Was just wondering if we could get this reviewed?
Hi Lou!
I've brought it up with the Manager+ team and we've decided that many factors come into play with it, it would be difficult to enforce and keep an eye on how players change & manage it. It will be staying the same, thanks for your input. If you have anymore suggestions, feel free to create a support ticket about 'em in the Discord!  ;D

Bruhmoment2023

um hi i am a member of the server and wanted to clarify if auto bone meal farms are allowed not to sell for emp bucks but to use for crops????????????

AtomicPulse

Quote from: Bruhmoment2023 on Nov 18, 2020, 04:43 AMum hi i am a member of the server and wanted to clarify if auto bone meal farms are allowed not to sell for emp bucks but to use for crops????????????

Any kind of auto farm is not allowed
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

AtomicPulse

+ Added Flying Machines to the list of illegal machines to clear up some confusion.

+ Made it look more tidy
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard