Mar 28, 2024, 09:22 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

What is an illegal build on the server (EXACTLY)

Started by HappyNem, Nov 28, 2014, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosslaya

What if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?
Pocket veteran/Pixelmon Charmander/Survival member

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 05, 2017, 05:28 AMWhat if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?

Yes that is allowed.

Bosslaya

Quote from: Fire_Lord_Nero on Jan 05, 2017, 06:42 AM
Quote from: Bosslaya on Jan 05, 2017, 05:28 AMWhat if I have a small building holding chickens and they lay eggs?I have to be online before the items despawn so is that allowed?

Yes that is allowed.
I thought so because I have to be online to collect.

MichaelNiro

So just to clarify with the spawner situation, if we FIND an already existing spawer, say a skele spawner in a cave, are we still allowed to claim that as our own and build around it or is that "illegal"?

Fire_Lord_Nero

Quote from: MichaelNiro on Jan 12, 2017, 02:43 AMSo just to clarify with the spawner situation, if we FIND an already existing spawer, say a skele spawner in a cave, are we still allowed to claim that as our own and build around it or is that "illegal"?

Finding existing spawners and protecting them is completely allowed. You just can't build auto killers via crushers. Other then that building it into a grinder is allowed.

Dartz

So For the automated farms. I have a cactus farm that uses no redstone. I have fences that break the cactus and i have water that pushes the cactus towards hoppers. Is that illegal?

Nicadean33

Quote from: Dartz on Jul 28, 2017, 03:03 AMSo For the automated farms. I have a cactus farm that uses no redstone. I have fences that break the cactus and i have water that pushes the cactus towards hoppers. Is that illegal?

No, that is illegal. It allows for the harvest of items without the player doing any interaction. Also, it lags the area if it is of a bigger size.

Dartz

Protecter3

Can we use redstone lamps or togglable lights to harvest crops, and are simple iron farms allowed?
Also, are semi-automatic smooth/cobble stone farms using pistons to move the stone to allow more stone to form allowed?

Nicadean33

Quote from: Protecter3 on Jul 31, 2017, 04:52 PMCan we use redstone lamps or togglable lights to harvest crops, and are simple iron farms allowed?
Also, are semi-automatic smooth/cobble stone farms using pistons to move the stone to allow more stone to form allowed?

You have to hit the switch on the light. Iron farms are a no go, won't work anyway with farm limiter, and no on the cobble/stone farms.

truewolfmaster

Quote from: Kaninka on Jul 10, 2015, 08:37 AM
Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 01:28 AMI need clarification for something: are automatic cactus farms legal? they use 0 redstone themselves except for a dropper system to transport all the cactus. they look a little something like this

Considering how it works, you can be AFK while it harvest blocks to you, making it an AFK auto farm: Illegal  :zombie:
ima be honest this one is kinda dumb tbh it causes 0 lag and no redstone
Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

HD

Quote from: truewolfmaster on Oct 04, 2017, 03:17 AM
Quote from: xX420YoloSwagXx on Jul 10, 2015, 01:28 AMI need clarification for something: are automatic cactus farms legal? they use 0 redstone themselves except for a dropper system to transport all the cactus. they look a little something like this

Considering how it works, you can be AFK while it harvest blocks to you, making it an AFK auto farm: Illegal  :zombie:

Lag and red stone doesn't have to do with this decision. You can harvest the cactus and be AFK at the same time, leave the keyboard and come back with resources you didn't even try to get it yourself. It is auto that you don't do it yourself, the game and the machine does it for you. Perfectly good reason why this is illegal and not dumb

truewolfmaster

Quote from: Halla on Oct 05, 2017, 06:38 AM

Lag and red stone doesn't have to do with this decision. You can harvest the cactus and be AFK at the same time, leave the keyboard and come back with resources you didn't even try to get it yourself. It is auto that you don't do it yourself, the game and the machine does it for you. Perfectly good reason why this is illegal and not dumb
could you redstone pistons and make it semi auto

Oh yes Give the serial killer enthusiast a mod to make monsters, what could possibly go wrong?

HD

Quote from: truewolfmaster on Oct 05, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Halla on Oct 05, 2017, 06:38 AM

could you redstone pistons and make it semi auto

Semi autos aren't allowed either, but ask the Staff Team for more information/confirmation

FinalTest

Since there have been some better/less laggy designs for item sorters recently, is there any way that the hopper limit can be increased (maybe 200? with a good design 200 hoppers don't cause that much more lag than 100)? Or at least increased for certain/approved designs (e.g. designs that only run when items need to be sorted)?

Bosslaya

is a system where you flick a lever and it activates a piston allowed?you cant afk with it.

Lady_Carissa

Updated the Piston Section!

Welcome to all the new players and thanks for reading the rules.

Lou671998

I'm curious as to why pistons are illegal in semi auto farms, I'm certain this didn't used to be the case. Players already have individual piston limits, reducing the potential size of farms and lag created by pistons. perhaps a better solution to lag would be to limit the number of pistons firing within a number of ticks? you could quite easily reduce the lag of medium sized piston farms just by firing each level at a different time. If its the production of items we're worried about, fortune and MCMMO make manual farms more efficient anyway. Was just wondering if we could get this reviewed?
I used to be lou, I have ascended.

Lady_Carissa

Quote from: Lou671998 on Sep 16, 2020, 11:48 AMI'm curious as to why pistons are illegal in semi auto farms, I'm certain this didn't used to be the case. Players already have individual piston limits, reducing the potential size of farms and lag created by pistons. perhaps a better solution to lag would be to limit the number of pistons firing within a number of ticks? you could quite easily reduce the lag of medium sized piston farms just by firing each level at a different time. If its the production of items we're worried about, fortune and MCMMO make manual farms more efficient anyway. Was just wondering if we could get this reviewed?
Hi Lou!
I've brought it up with the Manager+ team and we've decided that many factors come into play with it, it would be difficult to enforce and keep an eye on how players change & manage it. It will be staying the same, thanks for your input. If you have anymore suggestions, feel free to create a support ticket about 'em in the Discord!  ;D

Bruhmoment2023

um hi i am a member of the server and wanted to clarify if auto bone meal farms are allowed not to sell for emp bucks but to use for crops????????????

AtomicPulse

Quote from: Bruhmoment2023 on Nov 18, 2020, 04:43 AMum hi i am a member of the server and wanted to clarify if auto bone meal farms are allowed not to sell for emp bucks but to use for crops????????????

Any kind of auto farm is not allowed
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard

AtomicPulse

+ Added Flying Machines to the list of illegal machines to clear up some confusion.

+ Made it look more tidy
BTeam Owner | Survival Admin | Creative JMod

Ex - Factions FMod | Prison Guard