Mar 29, 2024, 11:37 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] World2 - Reset in 3 Weeks

Started by Towelie, Nov 28, 2014, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Nov 28, 2014, 05:21 PM Last Edit: Dec 01, 2014, 12:25 AM by saywhat2365
IF NO MANAGER+ ARE ONLINE, USE THIS FORM: http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/minecraft-discussions/request-a-build-move!/

World2 will be reset in 3 weeks to make room for a new world that will contain 1.8 blocks and items.
I know I promised to give you guys 1 month of notice but I cannot because that would be exactly between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

To compensate for this, each player will be able to have two builds moved from World2 to World1.
Rules for moving:
- Build must not be a farm (Only shops or houses  - BUT NOT AUTOSHOPS)
- Builds must not be a town or huge in size (we are sorry but we cannot justify the intense lag that moving a town creates and the time wasted)
- Builds must not be on water (directly in water, it's ok if they are above)
- Builds must not be griefed/incomplete
- Attractions / Community Builds will have priority in being moved
- The only acceptable way to request a move is to message a Manager+ while they are online or to create a post. Do not open tickets on this matter!
- Managers are allowed to decline moving a build if they consider the value of that build doe snot justify occupying the land.
- Managers are allowed to decline moving a build to any player that might have offended them or a member of the staff team.
- We will transfer any DONATED Mob Spawners from World2 to World1, unconditionally.
- A thread will be made, where you can request a move if you can't find any Manager+ online

Let's hope we'll get past this well and not many of you will be angry!
Roadmap: By the end of November we will update the server to 1.8, by the end of December we will have a new world with fresh 1.8 land.

NOTE: World2 is the cause of about ~60% of the lag on Survival so this world reset will also be beneficial for lag. We are sorry for having to do this, but I promise we will make it up to you. I have my manager+ team programmed for "player satisfaction" first. We do not want to lose you guys!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

TheGoldenKibby

Nov 28, 2014, 05:43 PM #1 Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014, 06:49 PM by TheGoldenKibby
Thanks for the heads up. I think you made the right decision.

Edit: I have a few questions. If your home has chests inside it or the building is under ground (or partially under ground), will it still be able to be moved?

Eternal_Jamie

New world before Christmas? That's my holiday plans sorted.

N1ux_

So does that mean my double spawners can be transferred? :0

diggydogck

Nov 28, 2014, 06:41 PM #4 Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014, 10:11 PM by diggydogck
mrmoose12 and I donated for spawners and they're all located in one build, could you still move that?

Green_Giant

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Nov 28, 2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I think you made the right decision.

Edit: I have a few questions. If your home has chests inside it or the building is under ground (or partially under ground), will it still be able to be moved?
If a chest is moved with world edit, then the contents of the chest is removed. I'm not entirely sure, but I think deadbolts moved by world edit break.

Infarnape4Slurper

Not intention of rudeness or anything, but why not farm builds?

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Infarnape4Slurper on Nov 28, 2014, 08:11 PM
They tend not to move well (from experience) and most are easily remade.

Also green you're wrong on that, chest contents don't get removed by WE. Stuff like enchanted books, Steve co and sftmmo stuff break from it but reg items are fine

Towelie

Actually chest contents might be removed by WE. Maybe not right now but after we update to 1.8 (which will be in ~1-2 days) we will be using an experimental build of WorldEdit which, amongst other bugs, does not carry over the inventories of transferred chests.

Also, Mob Spawners you donated for = will be moved.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

xQuicScopex

so in builds that have a lot of chests can the build be moved then we have tie to move the contents before the original build is removed? and what about item framed items? do they need to be removed too or are they not lost

maxwolf28

Infarnape4Slurper

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Nov 28, 2014, 08:17 PM
Quote from: Infarnape4Slurper on Nov 28, 2014, 08:11 PM
They tend not to move well (from experience) and most are easily remade.

Also green you're wrong on that, chest contents don't get removed by WE. Stuff like enchanted books, Steve co and sftmmo stuff break from it but reg items are fine
oh ok thanks

Eternal_Jamie

Nov 28, 2014, 09:00 PM #12 Last Edit: Nov 29, 2014, 04:36 AM by Eternal_Jamie
Quote from: Towelie on Nov 28, 2014, 08:23 PM
Actually chest contents might be removed by WE. Maybe not right now but after we update to 1.8 (which will be in ~1-2 days) we will be using an experimental build of WorldEdit which, amongst other bugs, does not carry over the inventories of transferred chests.

Also, Mob Spawners you donated for = will be moved.
Gotcha, forgot we'd be updating before reset.

Applay

1.8, YES!
Those new doors and fences are cool as hell.
Good thing I built my main house at /w1

Tyvic

OMG.... AMAZING SERVICE SFT HAS. I got everything I needed moved, and we get a fresh 1.8 world! ;D ;D ;D ;D

ryan_m004

Do spawner count as a build being moved? And inb4 anyone asks w2 is the old world
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Applay

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Nov 29, 2014, 04:32 AM
Do spawner count as a build being moved? And inb4 anyone asks w2 is the old world

I think spawners fit the "- Build must not be a farm" part.

ryan_m004

Quote from: Applay on Nov 29, 2014, 04:40 AM

I think spawners fit the "- Build must not be a farm" part.
Aha, it says you can move spawners
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

camster65

Bummer all my builds are probably far too big to be moved :(

XZ_SLAUGHTER

Beast, I can get my spawned moved now

BritanniaRules

Nov 29, 2014, 10:00 AM #20 Last Edit: Nov 29, 2014, 10:25 AM by BritanniaRules
World 2???
We all HAD t move to world 2 a few months back... now we have to loose all our handwork and start all over again???

Why did you get everyone to move from w1 (was w2 at the time) to w2 just a few months ago just to do it all again??

Might sound like a really stupid question (can't be any more stupid than this reset decision), but why not just make a new (w4) for 1.8?

Cesspitsid

The best way to move your builds is to move your items from chests manually and then the blocks can be transferred by manager+ right?

Oh and there's going to be a big need for manager+ xD

Towelie

Quote from: camster65 on Nov 29, 2014, 09:25 AM
Bummer all my builds are probably far too big to be moved :(
Ask a Manager+ anyway. If they are awesome they will be moved anyway due to the "attractions have priority" rule.

Towelie

Spawners don't count as a build if donated for. NOTE: Spawner = just the actual mob spawner and not the whole "facility".

balistic_skills

Existing build warp: /warp land33 just the building made out of stone bricks
New build build warp/coords: X 289 Y 67 Z -3261
Extra info: could you make sure the redstone and everything underneath gets moved aswell

the build coords i want copied are
X -2553 Y 76 Z -640 to X -2531 Y 62 Z -581

i only want the building copied