Apr 20, 2024, 02:04 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Prison map re-visit

Started by Towelie, Dec 08, 2014, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Some of you may remember our Prison Server. While it died out due to various conditions, I have had a lot of requests to make a new prison server. Sadly this isn't it, but, I have found the old prison map.
Its story: After the prison server stopped I also lost all its files due to a hard drive failure (the backup hard drive failure) and I thought everything was lost. Today, I found the map in my gmail, in a conversation between me and one of the map builders.

To re-visit it (only the map, on a vanilla adventure server), come to 89.35.251.223

NOTE: This is not the final map, it's a map from a bit before release so some things are missing that were present in the final server.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

rens0wntnoob

oh my bloody god.....

towelie you're the best

TheStarNomad✯

I joined after the server died, so I never saw it.

This will be cool to check out. :3  :diamond:

Long time StarNomad

stormshooter

BluetigerESW

I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

N1ux_

This is awesome! :D I missed prison

TheGoldenKibby

What version is the map?

Towelie

Quote from: spen96 on Dec 08, 2014, 09:20 PM
You seriously can't think that its ok to use someones else's work without even asking them it it was ok.
Are you in any way TRITIUMNITR0X's legal representative or guardian? No? Then please kindly keep your comments to yourself regarding who's work I'm using and to what purpose.
If you want to discuss legally, this map was generated on my machine (on a server in my personal lease) so technically, it belongs to me. I don't mean in any way to disrespect TRIT but he made this map for SFT and to be used by SFT. I'm not starting a new business with his work and i'm not using his work in a way that may be considered otherwise than "FAIR USE".

Edit: It actually belongs to Mojang (now Microsoft) because it was made using their software.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Kingcozza

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 08, 2014, 09:39 PM
You seriously can't think that its ok to use someones else's work without even asking them it it was ok.
Are you in any way TRITIUMNITR0X's legal representative or guardian? No? Then please kindly keep your comments to yourself regarding who's work I'm using and to what purpose.
If you want to discuss legally, this map was generated on my machine (on a server in my personal lease) so technically, it belongs to me. I don't mean in any way to disrespect TRIT but he made this map for SFT and to be used by SFT. I'm not starting a new business with his work and i'm not using his work in a way that may be considered otherwise than "FAIR USE".

Edit: It actually belongs to Mojang (now Microsoft) because it was made using their software.
Oh snap

TRITIUMNITR0X

Dec 09, 2014, 01:00 AM #9 Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014, 01:10 AM by TRITIUMNITR0X

It's ok, spen. I (one of a few major contributors) had slaved over building the prison for the community to enjoy, and I wouldn't want the map to go to waste.

Towelie, I agree with your decision to resurrect the map. However, I'm not certain about how well the Redstone will function.
It takes about 15 minutes for an Italian to reach sexual maturity.

IPwnCreeps

The map is really outdated, its a version from before I even joined the project but its still pretty cool and nostalgic to see regardless.

spen96

Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Dec 09, 2014, 01:00 AM

It's ok, spen. I (one of a few major contributors) had slaved over building the prison for the community to enjoy, and I wouldn't want the map to go to waste.

Towelie, I agree with your decision to resurrect the map. However, I'm not certain about how well the Redstone will function.
If you are ok with it then I don't have an issue I just thought you should be consulted before it was utilized.

Towelie

Quote from: TRITIUMNITR0X on Dec 09, 2014, 01:00 AM

I did not intend to resurrect the map for now. Any such intentions will be discussed with you. I just wanted to bring the players a moment from the past which a lot of them seemed to enjoy.
Thank you for accepting.

supergomguy

I remember prison...... That server was fun while it lasted :P

Dpa1991

I've never wanted to slap someone so bad for such a stupid post, the prison map was created for SFT. This is a MEMORIAL for all the hard work that was put into making this server. So to you and anyone else who has a problem with towlies decision to rehost the map, get lost.

No where in this is he claiming he built it but honoring everyone's hard work by showcasing the map.

The Lovin Spoon

im sorry spen but i have to admit with dpa
you're usually acting up cause of trifles

BattleAxium

Quote from: spen96 on Dec 10, 2014, 02:10 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Dec 09, 2014, 05:20 PM
I've never wanted to slap someone so bad for such a stupid post, the prison map was created for SFT. This is a MEMORIAL for all the hard work that was put into making this server. So to you and anyone else who has a problem with towlies decision to rehost the map, get lost.

No where in this is he claiming he built it but honoring everyone's hard work by showcasing the map.
So sorry I misunderstood his intentions, please continue to flame me for it.
Didn't you know it's responsible and professional for owners in a community to flame their members? That's how a community like this is apparently run. But, ironically if we do the same we get punished for it.

Dpa1991

Quote from: BattleAxium on Dec 10, 2014, 02:44 AM

Didn't you know it's responsible and professional for owners in a community to flame their members? That's how a community like this is apparently run.
You think that is flaming? Because I hold a rank on an internet community I'm suddenly not allowed to have opinions and I'm required to like everyone's post, are you being serious or just trying to be a drama queen?

ecgecg

BattleAxium

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Dec 10, 2014, 02:51 AM

Didn't you know it's responsible and professional for owners in a community to flame their members? That's how a community like this is apparently run.
You think that is flaming? Because I hold a rank on an internet community I'm suddenly not allowed to have opinions and I'm required to like everyone's post, are you being serious or just trying to be a drama queen?
Well, in Towelie's terms he holds everyone to their rank. But yeah, calling me a drama queen because I disagree with you being a complete douchebag for no reason. You got me bro.

onionboys

Prison, where people fought not only in game, but also on the forums !

Dpa1991

Quote from: BattleAxium on Dec 10, 2014, 02:55 AM

Well, in Towelie's terms he holds everyone to their rank. But yeah, calling me a drama queen because I disagree with you being a complete douchebag for no reason. You got me bro.

I asked if you were trying to be a drama queen, not calling you a drama queen -- much like my original post which you called out was calling spens post stupid, not spen himself. You are infact, just trying to start drama so you can argue.

Fractalion

Quote from: BattleAxium on Dec 10, 2014, 02:55 AM

Actually, I believe dpa gave an appropriate response given the amount of drama that the two of you have caused in the last year. You two are always trying to start something, and you can't blame a man for finally being fed up with you.

TheGoldenKibby

Hey, I have an idea! Stop. Why can't we just view this post for what it is. Towelie has granted us all the opportunity to view a memorial of something of SFT's past. Appreciate it while it lasts, because it won't be around forever.

Also, flaming this topic will only worsen the chances of ever having a prison server again (for those of you who want it back).

nyllekFTW

Heh. I already remember prison what with all the flaming going on in this topic.

Nonetheless, prison was fun, Glad to see the map back again.