Apr 18, 2024, 03:22 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Should we start a DayZ Server?

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2014, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we start a DayZ Server? If yes, what mod?

DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 Panthera
20 (40.8%)
DayZ Overpoch 1.0.5.1 Chernarus
13 (26.5%)
I don't think SFT should have a DayZ Server
16 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2014, 05:33 PM

Towelie

Dec 12, 2014, 05:18 PM Last Edit: Dec 12, 2014, 05:44 PM by Towelie
I know there was a poll but I've narrowed it down to three choices and now we are going to stick for it.
Please vote for the game mode that you'd like our DayZ server to have (poll)

My only question is if it's going to be worth it (20$ / mo and a 50$ initial cost for anti cheat and so on) or not for a server that's most likely going to peak at ~5-6 players and be empty most of the time.

Please vote in the poll and if you want, comment your decision here.

Info about Epoch -> http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Epoch_Mod_Wiki

Info about Overpoch -> http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3555-what-is-overpoch/

Map of Panthera:

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

RallyReaper

xNemeXiS

Towelie

Completely re-made post and poll. Please re-vote and sorry about that!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

RallyReaper

I'm fine with ether one, i like the idea of new guns. but if epoch wins i'll still be happy

Eternal_Jamie

Atm my opinion is still it'd be  a waste of $70 (yes I'm anticipating it lasting no longer than a month). Unless there was some way we could distinguish our server from others and promote it well that is. Not many non-sft folk would want to go away from the servers they've played and have gear on and play on a new server which might not last I'd imagine without a good reason to, as the servers listed seem pretty common. But hey it'd be fun for as long as it lasts.

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Dec 12, 2014, 05:40 PM
Atm my opinion is still it'd be  a waste of $70 (yes I'm anticipating it lasting no longer than a month). Unless there was some way we could distinguish our server from others and promote it well that is. Not many non-sft folk would want to go away from the servers they've played and have gear on and play on a new server which might not last I'd imagine without a good reason to, as the servers listed seem pretty common. But hey it'd be fun for as long as it lasts.
With rally's help we'll be able to add a series of mods to the server so in a  way, we can make our server a bit different.

RallyReaper

Dec 12, 2014, 05:46 PM #7 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2014, 06:12 PM by rallyreaper
We'd just need to advertise which shouldn't be hard.

Post Merge: Dec 12, 2014, 06:12 PM

Things that I've decided on possibly adding:

- Single money currency (meaning it removes the need for tin, silver, gold, and copper and replaces it with gold coins that you can store in banks and take from dead bodys)

- Custom staff skins with custom clothes and possibly other one's too

- Walking dead zombies (Zombies with custom zombie sounds and removes the glitchy running zombies that everyone hates and makes it so they walk and deal a tad more with greater infection)

and more :3

ExconHD

Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 12, 2014, 05:46 PM

- Single money currency (meaning it removes the need for tin, silver, gold, and copper and replaces it with gold coins that you can store in banks and take from dead bodys)

- Walking dead zombies (Zombies with custom zombie sounds and removes the glitchy running zombies that everyone hates and makes it so they walk and deal a tad more with greater infection)

Single currency and WDZ are pretty much essential at this point

RallyReaper

Quote from: ExconHD on Dec 12, 2014, 06:57 PM
Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 12, 2014, 05:46 PM

Single currency and WDZ are pretty much essential at this point

Very true. the multicurrency is VERY annoying and making it where EVERYTHING is bought with coins would make it SO much easier. plus the addition of banking and atms makes it cool plus if you kill someone they drop coins...

Walking dead zombies seems like a must... as they will fix the ANNOYING bug of zombies running through walls thus making it a WHOLE lot enjoyable.

As for the skins they will be worked on ONLY after i set these up.

killpaddy47

Start this server this soon and Il be playing it.

Jyncs

I don't care if it is one or the other personally.

Cesspitsid

:mushroom: I'm not really sure if it will work...
there has been quite a discussion about how the engine in which arma/dayz runs on, it's not a very good engine; both server side and graphics wise, it causes lag and stuff like that.
most of the SFT community don't have 'awesome' computers...but  if you can see it bringing more people to the community in general, then by all means :)

RallyReaper

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Dec 12, 2014, 09:15 PM
:mushroom: I'm not really sure if it will work...
there has been quite a discussion about how the engine in which arma/dayz runs on, it's not a very good engine; both server side and graphics wise, it causes lag and stuff like that.
most of the SFT community don't have 'awesome' computers...but  if you can see it bringing more people to the community in general, then by all means :)

I see what you mean, however the game places the server on a 24/7 server list known as Dayz commander. and in which will both add people to our dayz server AND to the community... And yeah... not alot of people have em, but not many can handle it ether as last time we had kiddos who got mad that they lost their gear and rage quit *which is part of the game* but still. i feel it'll bring ALOT of people in to the community and server.

As for lag, one shouldn't be trying to play a realistic army simulator at all if your computer isn't good.

ButterWhisperer

I would love to see another DayZ server. I wasn't sure which one I wanted more so I chose Overpoch for more weapons and vehicles, but i'm fine with either one.

RallyReaper

Quote from: TheEngineer on Dec 12, 2014, 10:03 PM
I would love to see another DayZ server. I wasn't sure which one I wanted more so I chose Overpoch for more weapons and vehicles, but i'm fine with either one.

Me personally i love the idea of more guns etc... but i also LOVE the panthera it looks so nice and pretty.

krankenstein20

RallyReaper

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 12, 2014, 11:45 PM
What is days

DayZ is a mod for Arma 2, A realistic Army simulator that takes the game's engine and turns it into a zombie apocalypse game... some say the most realistic zombie simulator...

Look it up. Don't just down vote cause you don't know what it is...

IPwnCreeps

I'd play but I don't think enough other people would for it to be worth it. I'd be fine with either one of the options

pothnozz

IamHerrow

I would gladly help out with this if need be in fact i will be willing to donate the first 70 to make it happen

krankenstein20

Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 12, 2014, 11:48 PM
Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 12, 2014, 11:45 PM
What is days

DayZ is a mod for Arma 2, A realistic Army simulator that takes the game's engine and turns it into a zombie apocalypse game... some say the most realistic zombie simulator...

Look it up. Don't just down vote cause you don't know what it is...

I haven't voted yet I don't think I will cause I don't play dayz

emm10

Sorry for the noob questions, but are these maps on the standalone DayZ or the ArmaIII mod DayZ?

RallyReaper

Quote from: IamHerrow on Dec 13, 2014, 06:37 AM
I would gladly help out with this if need be in fact i will be willing to donate the first 70 to make it happen

At some point we plan on adding donation features probally.

Post Merge: Dec 13, 2014, 02:01 PM

Quote from: emm10 on Dec 13, 2014, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the noob questions, but are these maps on the standalone DayZ or the ArmaIII mod DayZ?

Neither... the arma 3 version is just kinda bad... and DayZ standalone's just worse... it's the arma 2 mod cause it's still the best one.

supergomguy

Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 13, 2014, 02:00 PM

Post Merge: Dec 13, 2014, 02:01 PM

Quote from: emm10 on Dec 13, 2014, 01:38 PM

Neither... the arma 3 version is just kinda bad... and DayZ standalone's just worse... it's the arma 2 mod cause it's still the best one.

I haven't played DayZ, so I also have a noob question :P. If you are talking about the arma 2 mod does that mean I need to buy Arma 2 to play it, or can I play it if I just buy DayZ off steam? :P