Apr 16, 2024, 10:57 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Should we start a DayZ Server?

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2014, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we start a DayZ Server? If yes, what mod?

DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 Panthera
20 (40.8%)
DayZ Overpoch 1.0.5.1 Chernarus
13 (26.5%)
I don't think SFT should have a DayZ Server
16 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2014, 05:33 PM

RallyReaper

Quote from: supergomguy on Dec 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 13, 2014, 02:00 PM

Post Merge: Dec 13, 2014, 02:01 PM

Quote from: emm10 on Dec 13, 2014, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the noob questions, but are these maps on the standalone DayZ or the ArmaIII mod DayZ?

Neither... the arma 3 version is just kinda bad... and DayZ standalone's just worse... it's the arma 2 mod cause it's still the best one.

I haven't played DayZ, so I also have a noob question :P. If you are talking about the arma 2 mod does that mean I need to buy Arma 2 to play it, or can I play it if I just buy DayZ off steam? :P

The game is run using The arma 2 engine...

Therefore to play you need to buy Arma 2 combined operations in order to beable to play.

supergomguy

Quote from: rallyreaper on Dec 13, 2014, 03:16 PM

Sorry for the noob questions, but are these maps on the standalone DayZ or the ArmaIII mod DayZ?

Neither... the arma 3 version is just kinda bad... and DayZ standalone's just worse... it's the arma 2 mod cause it's still the best one.

I haven't played DayZ, so I also have a noob question :P. If you are talking about the arma 2 mod does that mean I need to buy Arma 2 to play it, or can I play it if I just buy DayZ off steam? :P

The game is run using The arma 2 engine...

Therefore to play you need to buy Arma 2 combined operations in order to beable to play.
Ok thanks

RallyReaper

UPDATE: I've looked into the Single money thing and it turns out it's a custom thing and i am unable to modify the files properly to beable to add only one currency... however everything else is still a go... first thing on my list since i can't add the money thing without buying it, and since it's WAY too much money... we're just gonna start with the Walking Dead zombies... I was thinking of adding parachute drop in so we can have the walking dead theme that some servers have however this seems to just make the initial download when you join ALOT bigger as well as lag the server... So instead we'll stick with the Loading screens etc... as well as custom loot tables if possible to possibly remove some guns from the table that are WAY to op that i got requested to do last-time we had the server but could not due to the server shutting down. Such as the MK-48 mod 0, etc... cause let's just face it... 9000 blood damage every bullet, with a 200 mag clip is just bonkers...

If no one want's me to remove em besure to let me know and i'll compare how many do, and how many don't want it removed...

Thanks.

killjoy27

You need to purchase Arma 2: Combined Operations (25 USD) to be able to join the SFT server, when we get one
Just because I'm Russian, Doesn't mean I'm a Commie. OK, maybe I am a bit of a commie.

supergomguy

Quote from: killjoy27 on Dec 13, 2014, 05:22 PM

You need to purchase Arma 2: Combined Operations (25 USD) to be able to join the SFT server, when we get one
Yeah so I probably won't be playing on it if we do get one. :P

spen96

Its not even 25 dollars anymore its much less last time I checked.

killjoy27

Quote from: spen96 on Dec 13, 2014, 08:32 PM

Its not even 25 dollars anymore its much less last time I checked.
I checked earlier today and it was 24.99 for combined ops
Just because I'm Russian, Doesn't mean I'm a Commie. OK, maybe I am a bit of a commie.

BritanniaRules

ExconHD

If guns are going to start getting removed you just lost a half dozen players from the server. Just throwing that out there. Grow the fuck up and don't complain a gun is to powerful. It's irrelevant if you're actually decent at the game.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: ExconHD on Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 PM
If guns are going to start getting removed you just lost a half dozen players from the server. Just throwing that out there. Grow the fuck up and don't complain a gun is to powerful. It's irrelevant if you're actually decent at the game.
Agreed completely. If you get shot by any gun except maybe a pistol or a very weak assault rifle, you're practically screwed if the shooter is any good. Removing guns is annoying, unnecessary and will cause players to not play.

Applay

I remember last time SFT had a DayZ server, I still have nightmares...

tman6698

been waiting for the dayZ to come back! Missed the old times :)