[Survival] Important changes to /vote plugin

Started by Towelie, Dec 15, 2014, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I'd like to bring to your attention some very important changes brought to the /vote plugin, that affect the rewards that you get when you vote.

- Every vote will bring you 1 Gold Apple + 1000 EmpBucks
- For every vote, you have a 20% chance of getting a "lucky vote" which gives you an extra 3000 EmpBucks
- For every vote, you have a 4% chance of getting a "super lucky vote" which gievs you an extra 100 XP and 4000 EmpBucks
- Once you receive 200 votes, you will receive a Mystery Chest
- Once you receive 500 votes, you will receive a Jumbo Mystery Chest
- Once you receive 1000 votes, you will receive 1mil EmpBucks
- Players will be reminded to vote every 15 minutes if they haven't (we will remove some of the auto announcements cnocerning votes for less global spam
- /votetop shows the top voters on the servers. NOTE: This plugin will say less votes than you have. The raeson for this, is that we have changed plugins so only votes done from now on will be recorded in this plugin

I am also working on adding Vote Party which will run automated  "parties" once a vote goal is received (for example 100 votes / day will result in a steveco key being dropped for everyone (this is just an example, it may be different).

NOTE: As of now, vote tokens are null and void. However, I don't recommend throwing them away or selling them for dump prices because we might come back to the old plugin (in case this one doesn't work out).

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

The prizes look awesome. This will definitely encourage players to vote more. However, I think 15 minutes is a bit too often for a reminder. Maybe every 30 minutes?

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 15, 2014, 02:19 PM
- /votetop shows the top voters on the servers. NOTE: This plugin will say less votes than you have. The raeson for this, is that we have changed plugins so only votes done from now on will be recorded in this plugin
Would this be the reason why my /pstats vote count says 120 something when I really have over 2000 votes?

Quote from: stormshooter on Dec 15, 2014, 02:22 PM
The prizes look awesome. This will definitely encourage players to vote more. However, I think 15 minutes is a bit too often for a reminder. Maybe every 30 minutes?
This^

Also I have a suggestion, you possibly could add automated vote contests which doesn't seem would be that hard considering what the plugin already currently has :)
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Brightpkz

Guys, please be reminded to hold on to your vote tokens unless otherwise said so.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Cesspitsid

all the voteshop thingys have been taken away?
is there still a way to get fly?
and also a beacon other than emp? :P

CaptainTrips717

I've been paying 15-20k each for vote tokens to try to get fly, have about 600 and now they are null and void. Not very happy.

Cesspitsid

Quote from: CaptainTrips717 on Dec 15, 2014, 09:07 PM
I've been paying 15-20k each for vote tokens to try to get fly, have about 600 and now they are null and void. Not very happy.

I've gotten about 550, the first 300 were from buying them at 12k each, the rest from voting :S

tobminer

I got 280-290 vote tokens. Roughly 100-200 from buying 12k each. Not happy. Not a good idea Towelie.

ddude_stnom

Tis' I, ddude_stnom. I have a question I'd like to ask; how will we recieve one of the prizes (like a mystrey chest)? Will this be done automatically?

JinxOnTheLoose

For those who already have the votes to qualify for one of those prizes, will we still be able to claim them? :)

Cireshie

Dec 15, 2014, 10:05 PM #11 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014, 01:57 AM by Cireshie
Quote from: ddude_stnom on Dec 15, 2014, 09:51 PM
Tis' I, ddude_stnom. I have a question I'd like to ask; how will we recieve one of the prizes (like a mystrey chest)? Will this be done automatically?
Quote from: JinxOnTheLoose on Dec 15, 2014, 09:57 PM
For those who already have the votes to qualify for one of those prizes, will we still be able to claim them? :)
I think, once you get 1000 votes by now or any of those specific amounts, you get the prize as you get online.

Like, when you vote, you get the golden apples as you log on. I assume it will be the same for the prizes.

Also, mystery chests were made automatic, so I assume that it will happen when you get online.

Applay

Dec 16, 2014, 04:07 AM #12 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014, 04:18 AM by Applay

I was also trying to get fly through vote tokens, and I loved getting crates for voting consecutively. Now my dreams and hopes are shatered.

So... What was wrong with the vote system that made you take the decision to change it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I understand why the change after I read the Subscription thread. Oh well, I'm gonna turn my vote tokens into books, lel.

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Brightpkz on Dec 15, 2014, 04:12 PM
Guys, please be reminded to hold on to your vote tokens unless otherwise said so.
Quote from: Applay on Dec 16, 2014, 04:07 AM

I was also trying to get fly through vote tokens, and I loved getting crates for voting consecutively. Now my dreams and hopes are shatered.

So... What was wrong with the vote system that made you take the decision to change it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I understand why the change after I read the Subscription thread. Oh well, I'm gonna turn my vote tokens into books, lel.

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Dec 15, 2014, 09:51 PM
I believe you do /mysterychest or something in-game to receive a mystery chest :)
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree